The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Idea to eliminate the need for Furniture storage in inventory:

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I own at least 15 houses. Three of them are completely decorated to the limit and the remaining houses are all full of furnishings that I'm storing for my next build. Do I need all of those furnishings? No. Is it nice to have a plethora of options when doing a build? Absolutely.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What OP is essentially suggesting is a furnishing bag. No matter how it is explained that is what it is.

This has been suggested many times by many people including myself. Zenimax answered this request a couple years ago with a solid no because it’s a performance drain. They noted that there is a lot more unique furnishings than there are crafting matts which is where the issue lies.

We can hope that after the server code re-write will improve performance enough that Zenimax will revisit such an idea.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't consider this if it means that we lose something else for it, like what happened with Account Wide Achievements.
    PCNA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gruumsh1 wrote: »
    I had no use for the Deadlands house they gave us so I've nicknamed it Dumping Ground....

I called it "Deadlands Warehouse". It makes for an almost perfect warehouse. No annoying doors, like Grand Psijic, so it is easy to see across the whole plot. What would make it more perfect is a 1400 item limit, though. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't consider this if it means that we lose something else for it, like what happened with Account Wide Achievements.

what could we possibly lose if we got a furniture bag?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

If it takes resources they have to come from somewhere.
    PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sever performance.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, thanks for the furniture containers when we buy furniture packs from the crown store. BUT, a couple of requests: could you stack the furniture containers, of the same furniture pack eg Furnishing Pack: Aquatic Splendor containers all stack in our inventory as a single slot. Also, could we add the furniture containers to our banking slots for our other player houses?
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Sever performance.

Actually, server load would go down if furnishing bag was to be implemented. Right now servers have to store information about all the furniture placed in players' "warehouse" houses down to its exact position and angle. With the bag it would be as simple as "this player has those things in this quantity".
    Edited by zetavivern on July 5, 2023 10:26AM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    Just use one of your extra houses as storage.

I use my Psijic Villa as sort of a furniture swap meet. Whatever I am not using, I just place it in organized rows in the Villa. If I want something for one of my other homes, I just go "shopping" at the villa and grab what I like.

Some of us don't have 'extra' houses for our own personal Ikea. All i have are hotel rooms and they only hold like 15 or 30 items, and that fills up FAST, and is hard to see everything in such a tiny room.

My bank is stuffed with furniture stuff, as are my storage containers.

i have my main house, besides those hotel rooms and that's it. i've been since trying hard as i can to make gold to buy an Ikea property... but as it stands now, 1, 000, 000 is a lot of gold to make, and takes time for regular players.

If everyone had a huge property given to us, yeah sure, easy to say to use that.... but for new players who don't have real world money to blow on crowns and such, it's a laughable thing to say.

You can get and use the Hall of Lunar Champions as an attic. Just do the zone quests in Elswyer. It's free.
    PS5/NA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Gruumsh1 wrote: »
    I had no use for the Deadlands house they gave us so I've nicknamed it Dumping Ground....

I called it "Deadlands Warehouse". It makes for an almost perfect warehouse. No annoying doors, like Grand Psijic, so it is easy to see across the whole plot. What would make it more perfect is a 1400 item limit, though. :smile:

Yeah, I call it my attic, but yeah, that and the Hall of Lunar Champions.
    PS5/NA