Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any use for Invigorating?

The_Titan_Tim
The_Titan_Tim
✭✭✭✭✭
To my knowledge, this trait was supposed to be the resource management trait, so I’m a little confused as to why it’s so severely outclassed by Well-Fitted and even Sturdy?

Has anyone found a use for this trait? If so, I would love to hear about it.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love it if they reverted it back to prosperous, atleast it had some practical use. I dont use invigorating at all myself seemed extremely weak to me.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Fitted and Sturdy won't help you much if you need Magicka. Similarly, Divines can only give one type of recovery.

Invigorating gives Stamina, Magicka, and Health recovery all at the same time, so if you need two or more of them it's the best sustain trait you can pick.

Unfortunately, I think ZOS has done a pretty poor job of balancing sustain in general (largely making recovery stats unnecessary outside of potions and food/drink), so Invigorating winds up being a niche trait at best.

I would love for Invigorating to be improved (while staying sustain-oriented), but I'm not really sure how ZOS could do it outside of significantly nerfing sustain from other sources.
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Numbers are simply too low to make a noticeable impact. Doesn't help that they are weighed down by health regen.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with INM.

There are enough pvp sets that give you crit resistance and I've never been much of a "divines in pvp" guy. The way most of my toons are set up sustain is a bit of an issue and I've often thought about experimenting with a bunch of Invigorating traits, but the health recovery always puts me off in the end.

I don't remember the value exactly... But if it's like 14-14-14, I think eliminating the health recovery and literally adding it to the others to make it 21-21 might be a good change.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, Invigorating is 16-16-16 while Divines and the Atronach (or Serpent) mundus is 28 all in one stat. If you need both mag and stam, Invigorating really is better than the alternative, even without health recovery.

On the other hand, it's not like the alternatives are popular either. Sustain just isn't something most people need from their traits (unless it's for something specific like blocking or dodging).
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on January 13, 2023 2:42PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't really need to min/max recovery. You need enough recovery to sustain in combat and, ideally, no more. Any excess recovery would have been better put toward damage, max resources, crit, resistances, etc., etc. Since you can generally get the recovery you need from potions, food, drink, skills, synergies, or whatever, Invigorating is kind of superfluous. Squeezing out even minor boosts to recovery are generally not useful, whereas squeezing out minor boosts to damage or resistance or crit can make a noticeable difference.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, from a PvP perspective, I just don’t see a use for this trait; and end up deconstructing anything that has this trait, I can’t think of one build where this trait would be better than the alternatives.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean that's why it needs a buff though, not a reason to continue ignoring it.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

Maybe they could make it increased resource return on heavy attacks? That would be interesting.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they could make it increased resource return on heavy attacks? That would be interesting.

Yes, that is a good idea.

Also...
    For reference, Invigorating is 16-16-16 while Divines and the Atronach (or Serpent) mundus is 28 all in one stat. If you need both mag and stam, Invigorating really is better than the alternative, even without health recovery.

On the other hand, it's not like the alternatives are popular either. Sustain just isn't something most people need from their traits (unless it's for something specific like blocking or dodging).

If we can agree that the health recovery is useless... Then we're looking at 16+16(32) -v- 28. I think that isn't a very big difference. Now armor enchantments are about 800 -v- tristate glyphs are more like 400+400+400. So about a 50% increase. I think it would make sense for the invigorating trait to copy this ratio... Making it more like 42(21+21.)
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is a good idea.

Also...

If we can agree that the health recovery is useless... Then we're looking at 16+16(32) -v- 28. I think that isn't a very big difference. Now armor enchantments are about 800 -v- tristate glyphs are more like 400+400+400. So about a 50% increase. I think it would make sense for the invigorating trait to copy this ratio... Making it more like 42(21+21.)

That's not really fixing the biggest part of the problem though. Invigorating could be 100-100-100 recovery and most people still wouldn't slot it because they already have all the resources they need.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16 is meaningless in the recovery total. I decon all of this stuff.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. I disagree. And Im not trying to say you're wrong about what most people would do, but it seems to me that with hybridization a lot of PvP builds are running high weapon/spell damage, jewels of misrule for hybrid recovery, and ending up with low resource pools.

If the invigorating trait were more useful I would at least try it out-- with the goal being to use a max resource food instead of a recovery food.

Or in the example you gave earlier with someone running the atronach/serpent mundus and divines. They could run invigorating instead and change their mundus.