The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolves and Crows

AHermitCrab
AHermitCrab
✭✭
Why hasn't at least some extent of interactivity been added to crow assistants to make them usable by players in werewolf form since the day it was completely removed? Would that not make it a waste of crowns to all those who had bought it pre-removal? Could they be flying in the UI instead of perched, perhaps? Would that be a good compromise for being able to utilize their services as a werewolf? As someone who's waiting on them to be usable by werewolves again so I can buy them, I would appreciate it if functionality with crow assistants as a werewolf was restored, and I'm sure many others would too. No, I refuse to buy the other ones because I don't want them, they just aren't the same.
If I'm ever online, it's probably to report bugs or suggest a feature.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont appreciate Werewolfs in Tamriel. I often chop their heads off directly.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This crown store item should at least have its hidden "flaw" written in its description. It is simply unfair to charge same amount of cash for an item that has such a flaw or at least we should be informed that we are buying an inferior product.

Other assistants costs the same, but can be used while in WW form.

Fun fact: I bought the crow assistant when they were released, and back then, you could use those while in WW form, but there were some visual animation clipping, when Crow was sitting on your hand, while you were in WW form.

Yes... instead of fixing the clipping animation (for example make the crow to land on the ground or hover in the air while in WW form)... they just blocked it in a hot-fix mini patch. They just "masked" the error instead of fixing it lol. If you want, you can even search for some old patch notes. It is all there...

I kinda feel cheated tbh.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 10, 2023 3:13PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't use them while mounted, either. I'm ride or die on the crows so I'm one of the mad lads willing to put up with it, but that'd be a deal breaker for a lot of people that are willing to do research. I think it'd behoove them to address this.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • AHermitCrab
    AHermitCrab
    ✭✭
    We dont appreciate Werewolfs in Tamriel. I often chop their heads off directly.

t
  • AHermitCrab
    AHermitCrab
    ✭✭
    One year later, nothing has changed. Many an assistant sale has gone by where I would have otherwise bought the crows. Please fix this.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, something should be done about this. If the humanoid model just extends their arm out for the crow to land on, then couldn't an animation for Werewolf holding their arm out be made?

Further, if the problem is that the Werewolf Transformation timer will run out while the animation plays, then why not just pause the timer while the assistant is being interacted with?

I would only buy these crow assistants if they could work in all styles of gameplay I partake in. Otherwise, what would be the point of adventuring with an assistant who can only rarely be used?
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak