Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Collected FREE Imperial City and now can't buy Megapack DLC on Sale ????

Alastrine
Alastrine
✭✭✭✭
Tried to gift one of my alt accounts the DLC Megapack Guilds & Glory for the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Orsinium, none of which that account has.
But it says, because at some point on that account I clicked on the Imperial City DLC, which is CLEARLY marked "FREE", that the account already owns one of the items in the Megapack so I cannot gift it (or actually buy it on the account) for the sale price!!!!!!
Oh, but it says I can still purchase the pack for the others AT FULL PRICE.
The only part the account owns is FREE no matter what! Why can't I purchase the meaningful part of the pack while it is on sale?

I never complain about crown store items and their cost, but I'm sorry, this is a ripoff. I purposefully waited until this pack was on sale, have been waiting months. Purchased sale crowns to be able to get it. And I'm told I have to pay full price because I clicked on the FREE content.
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    You can still purchase it on sale. It lets me. It will initially warn you about paying full price but if you hit continue the verify purchase shows it for half price.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still purchase it on sale. It lets me. It will initially warn you about paying full price but if you hit continue the verify purchase shows it for half price.

Oh wow... you are right... it doesn't tell you what it's charging you, but I took the chance based on your post and clicked purchase and it did indeed only cost 2000 crowns. It never showed me 2000 crowns, just asked me to verify purchase without showing the final cost. My total crowns only dropped by 2000 though.

Thank you so much for posting!!! Very much appreciated :)

I wonder how many sales they've lost because of that message.

Edited by Alastrine on January 6, 2023 6:45AM
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    Not sure what platform you are on, I'm PC, may work different on consoles. The wording could really be updated in situations like this.