The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jab/puncturing sweep is useless in pvp because of Snare duration nerf & damage nerf

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs hurt pretty bad but jabPlar is not dead! I've been having good success with this setup: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=488398

No POTL. The idea is to stack the AOE pulses of Solar Barrage, Deadly Cloak and Crescent sweep along with Jabs to become a walking ball of AOE pressure. Deadly Strike applies to all of these abilities btw! Surprisingly effective.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on January 1, 2023 2:54AM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thing i was thinking about pulses too damage directly from character not dot on target this way mara won't clear your damage. But can't force self to play pvp at all with current state of templar.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs hurt pretty bad but jabPlar is not dead! I've been having good success with this setup: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=488398

No POTL. The idea is to stack the AOE pulses of Solar Barrage, Deadly Cloak and Crescent sweep along with Jabs to become a walking ball of AOE pressure. Deadly Strike applies to all of these abilities btw! Surprisingly effective.

How does that really work in meta without any snare removal or major expedition? This seems more group oriented than solo or 2vX
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The nerfs hurt pretty bad but jabPlar is not dead! I've been having good success with this setup: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=488398

How does that really work in meta without any snare removal or major expedition? This seems more group oriented than solo or 2vX

Ket is a good player and a good friend. He does well in the sweaty bgs on pc na.
    Major expedition from dodge roll on back bar.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Maj Expedition is mandatory on all my PvP builds! I get it from the Hasty Retreat bow passive. Extended Ritual is actually a fairly effective anti-snare ability. Dodge-cancel a cleanse and you're usually all g. Not ideal but works well enough for me. It does indeed shine in small groups, but is more than capable solo as well. I have been surprised at how decent the damage is, and survivability is ezpz.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ket is a good player and a good friend. He does well in the sweaty bgs on pc na.
    Major expedition from dodge roll on back bar.

Aw tnx @gariondavey :D
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than having multiple sources of mitigation because its direct dmg and aoe my biggest annoyance is sorcery being attached to biting jabs instead of the base version or a different skill in the kit..
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Other than having multiple sources of mitigation because its direct dmg and aoe my biggest annoyance is sorcery being attached to biting jabs instead of the base version or a different skill in the kit..

That annoys me as well. I'd rather have Sorcery on Restoring Focus or something like that.

The AOE pulses don't count as direct damage. They're AOE + DoT. Those are the CP stars that affect them.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro Templar is useless in pvp it’s ass just play a new class. Sorc sucks zos has nerfed them too much for no reason [snip]

[edited for minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 2, 2023 6:20PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried a few things including solar barrage as a replacement to PoTL. You just lack burst of any meaning and you are compensating only the pressure jabs lost from the burning light damage reduction and increased cooldown at best. Then, even though Mara Balm was nerfed slightly; it still provides a passive mitigation to Jabs. I'd rather seriously run rapid strikes as the AOE of jabs is laughable, and you are not automatically mitigating yourself by Maras, major evasion, and possibly 2 different CP stars

You still don't make up for POTL. It needs fixed. I tried to use rending slashes to open, do some hits, then when the hemmorage ends, bind javelin into radiant oppression as their max health shoots up changing their actual health percentage with middling results. Truth is; radiant oppression is still too slow for a brawler build. Ad in lag and sets that are auto healing and your window is gone. Still only see it working from the back or no-CP environments.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Just remove ignore armor passive from spear throw and add it as passive to aedric spear abilities. This way templar will get finally acceptable version of armor penetration and other mitigation can stay. If they won't do it they should change or remove major evasion from game or let jabs ignore this thing + undeath passive need changes overall to game health. Only good and balanced mitigation are armor or major,minor protection on them you can at least do something you have some options. Those snare from jabs are laughable and useless most of the time. Personally i would prefer snare counter on jabs when you cast them for 1-2 sec. This will make you more unstoppable and people will be forced to hard stun you, not only slow or immobilize.

Jabs snare CC is crap. Using another templar skill to compare to jabs is reflective light. It also has snare. The snare last longer. The initial hit from reflective light hits 3x just as hard as all three jabs would. The DoT from reflective light hits for 50% of each jab. If you want to kill an enemy fast hit them with reflective light, javelin, and than finish them off with radiant glory.

If you throw in a purifying light into that rotation it makes it rather easy to kill a single target without much fuss but that is a rangeplar. It is a rather boring play style and feels a bit clunky at times. But it is effective for 1v1. As for 1vX I wouldn't recommended using a templar due to how bad it has been adjusted.

Templar was a 1 vs many class now it is a good 1v1 class and my concern is that radiant glory/oppression will be adjusted soon.

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had something type up after trying my Templar tonight. Waste of time really. Jabs just really sucks if you come across a Maras Balm wearer and without a burst ability; you might as well go tickle your Elmo
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is pve only right now.