Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you enjoy the current state of battlegrounds?

xDeusEJRx
xDeusEJRx
✭✭✭✭✭
There has been tons of discussion on battlegrounds and the state of things in it. Ignoring the obvious debates in game modes, I'm curious how people feel about the current state of battlegrounds PVP.
Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade

Do you enjoy the current state of battlegrounds? 52 votes

I enjoy the current status quo of battlegrounds
9%
Anti_VirushiziumOBJnoobHesperax79Soarora 5 votes
I do not enjoy the state of battlegrounds
34%
Solarikenmartinhpb16_ESOAektannAjaxandrielredspecter23Smitch_59BenTSGxylena_lazarowThe_Titan_TimPhoenixGreyNerhesiGetAgrippahuskandhungerCameraBeardThePirateDem_kitkats1Miracle19RomanRexAlvedolin 18 votes
I somewhat enjoy battlegrounds but would like to see reworks or changes
51%
beardedJoeJRManronGravordAdernathkwinterBlkadrxMauiWauiEscorpiao_NoturnoMjolnirVilkasPunkAbenJasus5457SergykidcolossalvoidsAraneae6537the1andonlyskwexDirt_RoostertokeinskybluIcyfire369gariondaveyShadieq 27 votes
Other(Comment)
3%
chessalavakia_ESOUrzigurumash 2 votes
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so now what
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can ZoS be satisfied of the current PvP state?
    Do they even try their game sometimes?

How can some people be "somewhat OK" with it? Are all the troll-build users on the forum to even be the 7 persons who voted "I somewaht ejoy"? :'D
    (OK I guess I somewhat enjoy too, but let's be honest, the bgs are utterly trash atm. High Isle sets are refined cancer quintessence.)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/623708/your-typical-bg-match#latest
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted how I feel.

BUT. I am open to changes or reworks that will help other people enjoy bgs as much as I do.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I voted how I feel.

BUT. I am open to changes or reworks that will help other people enjoy bgs as much as I do.

Nothing wrong with that. I want to see what general consensus is. There's a lot of back and forth so I decided to try and consolidate opinions here
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Dekrypted
    Dekrypted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current offering of Battlegrounds modes has, for me atleast, become stale and depending on the specific game mode, outright counterproductive given Battlegrounds is a PvP enabled zone.

I'd love to see new game modes that step away from the typical 3 teams to more 2 team based combat scenarios, a proper ranking system, private rooms, and real infrastructure added to Battlegrounds to take advantage of its rather significantly better performance compared to other areas in the game.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I enjoy BGs more when multiple modes are included, as now. More variation in modes and maps could be fun.

I would like CP enabled in the >50 BGs. What if the other option was not <50 non-CP, but premade builds that people could choose from and play regardless of their level (participation would increase Alliance skill lines and other rewards, but not ability/skill XP, not that they do much now), similar to how the mode is in GW2. I would not want to lose the option we have now, to use whatever gear and skills we want, and indeed, I want my CP as well. But I think such a mode would be helpful for less experienced players and also give an option to play without some of the ridiculous proc sets like Dark Convergence.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like BGs not having CP it makes things a little faster paced IMO. And by that I mean people die faster.

Plus I mean there are already places to PvP with CP, and the only other no CP place is... In a weird state.

Now on the other hand your idea about choosing from a small list of builds sounds awesome to me, but I feel like a lot of people wouldn't like it, and I would not rather have that than what we have now.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like adding new options is possible due to lack of players. Anything added will need to replace something.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I like BGs not having CP it makes things a little faster paced IMO. And by that I mean people die faster.

Plus I mean there are already places to PvP with CP, and the only other no CP place is... In a weird state.

Now on the other hand your idea about choosing from a small list of builds sounds awesome to me, but I feel like a lot of people wouldn't like it, and I would not rather have that than what we have now.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like adding new options is possible due to lack of players. Anything added will need to replace something.

True, I would not rather have premade builds as in GW2, but I feel that PvP is somehow too off-putting in this game, or more people would do it. I know I enjoy close matches, win or lose, but when I start encountering the same players over and over who seem to easily kill me no matter what I do, it is discouraging and I stop queuing. I wouldn’t take anything from good players, but I would like to have an option with somehow more enforced balance, that players could improve in and thus would bring more people into playing PvP. Otherwise, yes, splitting the player-base would probably not be viable.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other(Comment)
    They're fun without any DKs in the match. Not unlike the worst PetSorc or JabsPlar patches in the past.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a 2 team battleground-type-thing-with-another-name with your idea of "loadouts" would be great and very competitive. For those who want to fight for ranking and really compare player technical skills. It really should exist.

The only reason I wouldn't want it to replace Bgs is because, for everybody else (I'm in the middle and would probably play both,) character customization is a BIG attraction and you'd be losing a lot of MMO flavor to achieve that level of competition.

BUT. In the meantime, redoing the MMR system would be a good idea. Experience does not equal skill. The game should seek to group people by average win/loss, medal score, and K/D. Rather than whatever cumulative thing we have now that keeps putting you, for example, against players out of your league.

And of course nobody wants to wait half an hour for a BG so if enough people aren't on you will sometimes find yourself in the same dilemma. But it should be the exception, not the rule.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reasonably happy in general, but they need something new to attract more players (as long as it's not some sort of battle royale, ugh). They also need to fix MMR so it's based on actual skill instead of (effectively) time played.
  • Alvedolin
    Alvedolin
    We need DM only que.