Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Straight up delete Mara's Balm from the game

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This set serves literally no purpose except to reinforce an unacceptable troll tank meta.
It has to go, not just nerfed, completely gone.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is much more likely to get deleted than Mara's Balm. ZOS gonna ZOS.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You likely won't see it nerfed until Q1 update. If it gets nerfed.
    Edited by alternatelder on January 1, 2023 12:21AM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares? All it does is heals when removing negative effects.

If they were dead after you attacked them, they wouldn't be alive to remove negative effects.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on January 1, 2023 12:24AM
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a few sets that need addressing,

Daedric Trickery is far too strong

Rally Cry is far too strong,

Maras balm is far too strong.

Scavenging Maw set is way too strong.

That set all these Wardens are using for frost immobilisation is too strong (forgot its name)

Unfortunately there's so many things that are still way overtuned that arnt even sets. ESO is a complete mess right now in every single way. Performance, content, prices, direction, balance; everything.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max health is the issue; nothing else.

If you needed max resources to heal; and all support skills scaled with max resources, you would be able to burst people down before sets like Mara’s Balm can heal them back up as they would have less points into health.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 1, 2023 1:24AM
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about dark cheat set and plague broken set? I could deal with a grief tank burning all the oil pots and grieving for hours inside a keep. But sets like dark brown convergence should have never been allowed in pvp. Some sets.just simply need to be listed pve only. That would solve many problems and may reduce the nerf rug pulls. Pvp needs to be about skill not broken proc sets.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    What about dark cheat set and plague broken set? I could deal with a grief tank burning all the oil pots and grieving for hours inside a keep. But sets like dark brown convergence should have never been allowed in pvp. Some sets.just simply need to be listed pve only. That would solve many problems and may reduce the nerf rug pulls. Pvp needs to be about skill not broken proc sets.

Yep, Dark Convergence is still one of the most out of balance sets in the game. It wouldn't be so bad if it actually only did what the set description says it does, but it pulls from out of range, you can't block it in lag, you can't dodge it etc. All the complaints that have been posted about this set since it's inception are still problems with this set.

Mara's Balm is another good example of a set totally out of balance, but other posters have covered that topic in this thread.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »

That set all these Wardens are using for frost immobilisation is too strong (forgot its name)

Unfortunately there's so many things that are still way overtuned that arnt even sets. ESO is a complete mess right now in every single way. Performance, content, prices, direction, balance; everything.

Arctic blast is the primary offender for frost wardens I think. It's a stun AND a heal at the same time. This is just poor design on the devs part to make a skill that does both these things at the same time.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -deleting my presence from this thread because apparently people are inclined to report opinions-
    Edited by LadyLavina on January 1, 2023 9:13PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO in its current state its good, the original incarnation was broken beyond belief. There's no need to nerf "good" or even "best" because you're just going to hammer down that nail to find that now there's another one that's highest.
    That's the ZOS cycle. Kill what everyone uses, then everyone uses something else.

It's not broken anymore, but have no fear the next broken set is on the drawing board ready to be released...I have no doubt about that.

Convergence, on the other hand, is just as annoying as it was when it was first conceived.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -deleting my presence from this thread because apparently people are inclined to report opinions-
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »

Arctic blast is the primary offender for frost wardens I think. It's a stun AND a heal at the same time. This is just poor design on the devs part to make a skill that does both these things at the same time.

And their answer was to remove the warden magic damage bonus and force them to use ice staves.... even though there are five times as many fire sets in the game as there are ice sets.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with plague break, it is working as intended. 1v1 it isn't going to do anything. It's when you get a group of people together where it becomes op and that is the point of the set.
    Dark convergence, however, is a different story. It works just as well on one person or fifty. I feel they should put a gate on it where it doesn't work unless there are 7 or so people in it.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC would be fine with a small restriction that made it only work when there are 3 or more people in the AOE. 7 is way too high, as that negates the sets use completely in BG's, which remain the most accessible form of PVP for the newcomer.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on January 1, 2023 2:56PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC would be fine with a small restriction that made it only work when there are 3 or more people in the AOE. 7 is way too high, as that negates the sets use completely in BG's, which remain the most accessible form of PVP for the newcomer.

I think Dark Convergence remains the most out of balance, game breaking set in PvP to this day. I don't understand how this set has not been balanced. Making it so it doesn't do anything unless there are a certain number of players in the area won't work either, because the set pulls from way, way outside it's designated range most of the time. The set never should have been created in the first place. To me the existence of Dark Convergence makes me think that ZOS devs don't play PvP, ever.

But in the bigger picture, ZOS needs to just scale way, way back on the introduction of grossly OP proc sets. They need to focus on sets that require skill to use, not proc sets that make a first time PvP player just as strong as someone who's been playing since the game was released.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »

I remember when zenimax came out and said we don't want skills to be overloaded with so many different things. They took stun away from frags. Give me that back please because there's still to many skills that do numerous different things all In one convenient package
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with plague break, it is working as intended. 1v1 it isn't going to do anything. It's when you get a group of people together where it becomes op and that is the point of the set.
    Dark convergence, however, is a different story. It works just as well on one person or fifty. I feel they should put a gate on it where it doesn't work unless there are 7 or so people in it.

Plaguebreak is working as intended, the problem is the intent. Its not as horrific in practice as it once was, but ZOS making a set that can be used to troll your own alliance by purging them is high up on the list of bad ideas...and it's a very very long list.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Plaguebreak is working as intended, the problem is the intent. Its not as horrific in practice as it once was, but ZOS making a set that can be used to troll your own alliance by purging them is high up on the list of bad ideas...and it's a very very long list.

Ball groups who run around with scrolls, farming AP and trolling their own alliance, should be allowed to be plaguebreak purged in return. The only times i've considered doing it was to people who were legitimately trolling and wasting time of everyone. This set also renders other sets like curse eater and mara's balm useless in large group scenarios =)
    Edited by Dr_Con on January 1, 2023 4:24PM
  • Supershutze
    Supershutze
    ✭✭
    The problem isn't Mara's Balm.

The problem is that healing as a defensive strategy has no counter. At all.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by LadyLavina on January 1, 2023 9:12PM
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

We understand that people will not always agree and have their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community. It’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, but provoking conflict, baiting, mocking, antagonizing, trolling, etc. Is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. This is a friendly reminder to remain on topic and civil when posting.

Thank you
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta learn and adapt to builds rather than demand they be nerfed. Mara's Balm is a direct answer to negative effect spammers, Bring teamates along that can counter it or do it yourself.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be ok if sea serpent coil and Rallying Cry didn't both offer as much offense and defense combined. With those basically providing both, there's no tough decision to give up either an offensive set or defensive set for a healing set.

The downside of those 2 sets are not there with swift trait and major expedition, and the friendly target marker where you don't need to group to track each other
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Dark Con or Mara’s Balm are bad. It’s what class and build uses them.

Tanky dks that use both are unkillable.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that literally every second player i see use this set already telling how strong it is. Mara should have 30 second cooldown at least or no heals on reapplied effects during its cooldown. That burst heal is insane, by the time you bring mara user to execute range it’s ready to go again, never mind if it’s outnumbered fight and there are healers too (also in maras btw).
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if they didn't delete Dark Convergence, they're not deleting Mara's Balm.

Deleting sets just does not happen.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is your friendly reminder that no-procc campaign exist.

Oh, right. You want to keep YOUR toys, you just want the ones other people use to be deleted.
    Edited by Remathilis on January 2, 2023 4:01PM
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    The fact that literally every second player i see use this set already telling how strong it is. Mara should have 30 second cooldown at least or no heals on reapplied effects during its cooldown. That burst heal is insane, by the time you bring mara user to execute range it’s ready to go again, never mind if it’s outnumbered fight and there are healers too (also in maras btw).

Yep, Mara's Balm is the latest in OP proc sets that require no skill to take advantage of.

ZOS desperately needs to stop creating so many proc sets. That's all there is to it. Especially if the devs don't PvP enough to be able to foresee how their new sets will effect the PvP environment.