Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to tell if I have all the chapters activated?

TE5LA
TE5LA
✭✭✭
I had the base game and Elsweyr on Steam. I just purchased the ESO Collections: High Isle which has the base game and all chapters, but it appears that only High Isle has been unlocked. When I view the games on Steam, it shows I have "High Isle" in my library, but this isn't the package I purchased, as that one was less expensive. I bought the (Regular) $59.99 one.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 10, 2023 4:03PM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go in-game, you should have access to the following Chapter Zones on the world map:
    • Vvardenfell
    • Summerset
    • Northern Elsweyr
    • Western Skyrim
    • Blackwood
    • High Isle & Amenos
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are all listed on one of the Crown Store pages, too.

Oddly enough, not... Only High Isle is listed, although I figure that can include everything else. I guess going to each of the zones in the comment above is the best way.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 22, 2022 9:21PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TE5LA
    TE5LA
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    If you go in-game, you should have access to the following Chapter Zones on the world map:
    • Vvardenfell
    • Summerset
    • Northern Elsweyr
    • Western Skyrim
    • Blackwood
    • High Isle & Amenos

So these, if listed, mean you have all the chapters? The funny thing is, the package I bought on Steam is still listed for sale as if I didn't buy it and the lower-priced on that is listed as "Only High Isle" is in my Library. This doesn't make sense.

Also, if I go to the section in the game where chapters are, half of them give me the option of unlocking them by paying. Aren't they supposed to be unlocked if I bought them all?

This has to be the most convoluted game in the sense of buying things.

And as Elsonso stated, I would think all the chapters owned would be under "Chapters", but only High Isle is there.
  • TE5LA
    TE5LA
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, from looking at the maps, It appears that I can go to all the maps Maitsukas listed, but shouldn't I be able to go anywhere? On the main map, half of the areas I point to have green text telling me I can purchase ESO+ to unlock those areas.

I kinda thought by buying ALL the chapters, that this included to whole game.

Okay, I looked here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates

And I do not have most of these. They are listed in the game for me to pay to unlock. Also, when I purchased the pack, I would have assumed that something had to be downloaded, but nothing ever downloaded from the launcher. I think Steam screwed up somehow.
    Edited by TE5LA on December 22, 2022 9:57PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    < never mind, I made a mistake , post edited :) >
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 22, 2022 10:37PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TE5LA
    TE5LA
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I have been having a chat in the game and find that I was mislead by some blog or video that stated a "Chapter" was the same as "DLC". I see now this is incorrect. I'm guessing that DLC (although it is all really DLC) is only purchasable using crowns, while chapters are purchased straight out except for older ones that can be purchased with crowns. Am I getting this straight?

Is there a clear distinction between DLC and Chapters other than how they are obtained? Is one a defined map area and another quests or something?

Still, Steam has made an error because they have the item that is on sale for $13.19 in my library, the one that is just High Isle alone, when I actually purchased the $20 one that is High Isle + previous "Chapters". I believe I have the chapters but I need to get them to fix this so I don't accidentally buy the same thing again.

Thanks for the help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chapters can be purchased from Steam, Bethesda Store, Playstation Store, XBox Store, etc and include the base game and all prior Chapters or upgrade existing games to include all Chapters.

DLC are purchased in the game in the Crown Store, or are part of the ESO Plus subscription while that subscription is active. The current Chapter cannot be purchased in the Crown Store, but the zone and special features that were in previous chapters can be.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 22, 2022 11:27PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    TE5LA wrote: »
    Is there a clear distinction between DLC and Chapters other than how they are obtained? Is one a defined map area and another quests or something?

Chapters are bigger maps that include 6 World Bosses, 6 delves and 2 Public Dungeons each. They may also have a Trial or an Arena. When a new chapter is released each year, the previous ones become a DLC that can be purchased with crowns.

Zone DLCs are smaller maps that only have 2 World Bosses and 2 delves, but they may also have a trial or arena.

Both chapters and zone DLCs have their own main story quest and several side quests, achievements, sets, etc...

In the last 4 years, the story arc of that year develops across the chapter and the zone DLC.

There are also Dungeon DLCs (purchasable with crowns) that consist of 2 Group Dungeons each one. They also relate to the theme of the year of release.
    Edited by rnklippel on December 23, 2022 12:21AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has gotten answered regarding what chapters or DLC they own, we have decided to close this thread from any further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.