Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we have more open plot houses?

FelisCatus
FelisCatus
✭✭✭✭
Like Doomchar Plateau, Stillwaters Retreat, Moonsugar Meadow and Coldharbour Surreal Estate. I like I'm sure many others do like to build entirely our own homes from scratch, it would be great if we had more variety and open space in which to do so.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps some that are not 'Crowns only' would be nice too :)

Large, open, empty plots help promote the furnishing and mat supply economies as well as a general interest in Housing.

Doomchar was a nice reward but for many housing enthusiasts the layout and atmosphere were limiting to what could be built and ends up being used as a storage facility ( not necessarily a bad thing ).

With more and more of the much appreciated structural elements being introduced a new, open location would be welcome.
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly a basic meadow would be great. No fancy realm, no jungle, no frozen lake, just a simple meadow with a plane field. Pick Stormhaven for example and add a path at the edge of the map with a gate that leads to the open field. The meadow itself can be surrounded by mountains, a river, a cliff, a small fence or a mixture of these.
  • TheMasterMeme
    TheMasterMeme
    ✭✭✭
    As a dunmer fan an empty plot of land somewhere in morrowind would be nice as well as having some cool dunmer/daedric/dark textured dwarven structural furnishings to build with it.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Daedric realms or pocket dimensions would be awesome. Ideally I'd like an open plot home for every biome.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I've ran across a few empty lots and went [snip]? EDIT: Sorry... and went... golly gee willikers :p GGW!!!

So, we can build our own homes? The older I get the less I know.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 15, 2022 3:13PM
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a dunmer fan an empty plot of land somewhere in morrowind would be nice as well as having some cool dunmer/daedric/dark textured dwarven structural furnishings to build with it.

i want this too,i will feed some guar
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the responses in some of these threads highlights a certain fact:

People are attached to certain (architectural) styles, and, to the credit of the amazing ZOS world-builders, people become attached to certain places in the world, for roleplaying, story, or just aesthetics reasons. Where is your character from? What is their story? What land do they call home? What's your absolute favourite part of the world?

Despite the absolutely beautiful offerings we get each year, it seems unlikely that the small sample would ever be able to gratify the broad diversity in tastes. For instance, my dream home, a Breton sorcerer's tower in eastern Mournoth above Kerbol's Hollow, riiiight on the edge of The Reach is the perfect home for my character, and pretty much the one thing I hope for in Tamriel.

rl0h5mluy69a.png

Its so very specific that alone, it might not seem that likely I'd ever get it unless on a whim the idea was so marketable that a designer came along and wanted to work with it.

Conversely, there are some absolutely gorgeous houses that I would buy *in a Nixad's heartbeat* if only they were in the one particular place I needed to be! I feel really sad when I have to let a beautiful house go because the geographical setting makes it useless to me. But how are ZOS meant to be able to anticipate or provide for such a broad array?

I wonder if there was a way that they could provide vacant plots for each zone. Then, provide basic pre-fab houses of each architectural style that you could buy (or collect), and place in any of the plots? The modularity of such a system would contribute hugely to the amazingly creative self-expression that housing allows, and provide for another big draw- allowing us to make our own little part of Tamriel.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on December 2, 2022 3:47AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galen home or apartment in town would also be nice.

Stay safe
  • gadget2775
    gadget2775
    ✭✭
    More open plots would be better, but it's possible to improvise using open space in existing homes. Hall of the Lunar Champions is probably my favorite... The right-hand portal area is beautiful, and you can build past the drop all the way down to the water. Took me forever to do, but I built a tower up from the waterline up...very gratifying project.

Haven't played around with the new housing links much but if you're on PS console mine is... |H1:housing:70:@Gadget2775|h|h
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goren wrote: »
    Honestly a basic meadow would be great. No fancy realm, no jungle, no frozen lake, just a simple meadow with a plane field. Pick Stormhaven for example and add a path at the edge of the map with a gate that leads to the open field. The meadow itself can be surrounded by mountains, a river, a cliff, a small fence or a mixture of these.

Agreed. I am not sure how they miss this. The most desired stuff in game would be simple, "pretty" home plots and yet we have none.

A Farmstead would be nice. A house, stables, workshop, green grass, some dirt paths, maybe a crystal blue river running by.
    or the same thing without the housing.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. I am not sure how they miss this. The most desired stuff in game would be simple, "pretty" home plots and yet we have none.

A Farmstead would be nice. A house, stables, workshop, green grass, some dirt paths, maybe a crystal blue river running by.

I am waiting for them to release something like this so I can *finally* build my dream castle.

All of the max furniture limit homes simply aren't in the right setting. The closest is Moonsugar meadow, but the trees aren't right and there are building structures there that don't match the castle aesthetic I want.

Western Skyrim is the best zone with that gorgeous aurora borealis at night, but we have no "build something homes" there :C

The closest is the Antiquarian Gallery, but it doesn't have max slots and there's the problem of having to decorate or do something with the existing building.

If we didn't have a max item limit, I'd build my castle there. I started to and realized there was simply no way to both decorate the existing building and build my castle.

Item limit is so low :C
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruj wrote: »

I am waiting for them to release something like this so I can *finally* build my dream castle.

All of the max furniture limit homes simply aren't in the right setting. The closest is Moonsugar meadow, but the trees aren't right and there are building structures there that don't match the castle aesthetic I want.

Western Skyrim is the best zone with that gorgeous aurora borealis at night, but we have no "build something homes" there :C

The closest is the Antiquarian Gallery, but it doesn't have max slots and there's the problem of having to decorate or do something with the existing building.

If we didn't have a max item limit, I'd build my castle there. I started to and realized there was simply no way to both decorate the existing building and build my castle.

Item limit is so low :C

You can remove all of the structures from Moonsugar Meadow, although not all of the rocks. It still may not suit what you are looking to build, but at least there are no existing non-removable architectural structures that you have to build around or over.

I would LOVE an enchanting glen like Indrik Frolic in Summerset! A natural cave with shafts of light and waterfalls, like the beginning of the Elden Hollow dungeon would also be amazing, although less suitable for building structures in.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly prefer open plot houses because I like building a lot, so having more of them (in addition to structured houses of course) would be great, because it would mean that I wouldn't have to 'mask' a house to build a given structure and would have an easier time instead of going around the original architecture. Also, I think template houses are better to work with the slot limit even when they are huge, because they are easier to compartmentalize and block off extra areas. The first template house was the Coldharbour Estate, and it was so cool they had a gold option for it as well, I wish they made more releases like that.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you build an entire house from scratch?

How would you keep from accidentally moving the parts of the house if that were possible when you were trying to move the things inside it?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you keep from accidentally moving the parts of the house if that were possible when you were trying to move the things inside it?

Yes, you absolutely can! There's a lot of examples here in the forums and on YT, one very good builder of houses from scratch is @Zypheran if you want to check out their housing threads. As for accidentally moving something like a wall etc., when trying to move another decoration, even if it happens (though the game displays the name of the item you are currently targeting for movement), you can easily click the undo button and put it back in its place. That's what I do for instance for the daily endeavours that say 'decorate with 7 items', I just randomly place some gallery paintings or statues, and the hit the undo to remove them. I've made plenty of buildings from scratch and never had a problem with this. Also, if you are on PC, the EHT addon can conveniently save your build as well.
  • Yumij
    Yumij
    Ohh yes more open plot or sandbox houses would be amazing!
    Those types of houses are definitely the ones that bring out my creativity the most.

Another dream (for me at least) would be to have a function where you can set the sky atmosphere of the house.
    Kind of like the hourglass of alkosh, but for atmosphere rather than time of day.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Yes, you absolutely can! There's a lot of examples here in the forums and on YT, one very good builder of houses from scratch is @Zypheran if you want to check out their housing threads. As for accidentally moving something like a wall etc., when trying to move another decoration, even if it happens (though the game displays the name of the item you are currently targeting for movement), you can easily click the undo button and put it back in its place. That's what I do for instance for the daily endeavours that say 'decorate with 7 items', I just randomly place some gallery paintings or statues, and the hit the undo to remove them. I've made plenty of buildings from scratch and never had a problem with this. Also, if you are on PC, the EHT addon can conveniently save your build as well.

A guildmaster of a crafting guild I am in was talking about accidentally moving the platform items when updating an elevated crafting area, so I figured it could be annoying with lots of items. I would probably act too quickly and mess it up.

Though thanks for the idea about he undo. I have been putting an item away and re-placing it for the endeavor. That may be a better way.
    PC
    PS4/PS5