The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 33 - Bug Reports for Multi-Rider Mounts

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving Multi-Rider Mounts in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Multi-Rider Mounts do not handle zone transition. Upon going into another zone, the passenger is left behind.

pfenfjh4zlf3.png
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Inari Telvanni
    Inari Telvanni
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Multi-Rider Mounts do not handle zone transition. Upon going into another zone, the passenger is left behind.

pfenfjh4zlf3.png

Seconded! (That's me, Vivayth, in the screenshot)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my only guess is that this happens due to the "driver" hitting the transition point first and the transition starts instantly once they cross the threshold

gonna be interesting problem to solve lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After previewing the 2-person mounts on an argonian character, the tail disappears, and only returns after logging out/back in.

drldh68pzksf.jpeg
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried the Grand Pillion Draft Horse on PTS.

Have to say, this is the most realistic-looking horse head your team has ever done. He's gorgeous. Please make more horses with this head and body. I've been wanting more realistic-looking horses in ESO for years, and this horse is perfect. I'd love some single-rider horses that use this head and body model.

I had one bug. The very first time I tried using it with Mirri, I started running over some rough terrain and Mirri unsummoned herself from the horse's back and disappeared. I had to re-summon her. Then the second time I tried using the horse, Mirri stayed on and didn't unsummon and it worked great.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried both the multi-passenger mounts. The Grand Pillion Draft horse when I summon it, my companion stands on the back of the horse. When the mount starts running she sits, but as soon as we stop she stands on the back again. I only had this happen a few times. Most of the time she sits properly on the horse but wanted to let yall know it is happening. kppyxi1g9p2a.png
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Slidell_70458
    Slidell_70458
    ✭✭✭
    On a dual-mount the driver dismounts facing the same direction as the mount, while the passenger dismounts facing the same compass direction they were facing when they mounted. I think the passenger should be facing in the same direction as the mount upon dismount. It is disorienting to be looking in one direction and then dismount facing in a random direction.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    After previewing the 2-person mounts on an argonian character, the tail disappears, and only returns after logging out/back in.

drldh68pzksf.jpeg

I've had the exact same problem on a Khajiit.
    Both the Duo-Dynamo Dwarven Spider and the Grand Pillion Draft Horse make the tail disappear:
    wrah41y7bl6j.png
    e02f345047dafc5b35dac6e630eecc91.gif

Another problem is that my Khajiit's butt clips through the seat of the spider mount, by quite a bit, and my Khajiit doesn't even have a big butt..... :#
    oaim4ma2x1pc.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin Could these please get looked into before release? :s
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the multi-rider mounts are a big improvement from the last time they were up for testing. Gone are the days when being a passenger on the dwarven spider was an Epileptic episode waiting to happen.

Still needs some work though.

>Lag and desync means there's a lot of screen-jumps as a passenger. Its a lot better than the aggressive screen jittering we had over a year ago when the dwarven spider made its first testing debut.

>When moving between zones, the rider keeps going and leaves the passenger behind in the previous zone

>Dismounting as a passenger or the rider dismounting both players sometimes teleports them back to the location where they first mounted up

>Dismounting as a passenger or more commonly the rider sometimes leads one player to teleport back to where they were while the rider is at the location that they traveled to. However, both players will see an idle "clone" of the other person standing next to them client-side, while the player themselves are somewhere else entirely away from each other. You can see the other player mount and dismount client-side but if you mount up on the "clone"s mount, you will not move/will stay stationary.

>If the driver of the mount runs through a quest-instanced area where the two of you have not both completed the required quest for that area of the zone, the passenger will get booted off the mount and teleported back to wherever they first mounted up
    Edited by thegreatme on February 11, 2022 3:36AM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • AlbertVonMoosseedorf
    If I'm currently using single seat mounts, my companion dismounts as soon as we get close to an enemy NPC.
    This is totally annoying. I tested this with the new double seat mounts and the behaviour is the same. The companion leaves the mount while I am riding, I can ride furter and a while later the companion jumps back to the running mount. In my opinion the companion should stay on the mount as long as I am on the mount, both single seater and double seater.
  • steejans91
    steejans91
    Soul Shriven
    Noticed that sometimes my friend will mount and when i set of they will instantly die... not sure what's triggering it but that seems like a pretty significant bug.
  • Gnatz
    Gnatz
    ✭✭
    I'm experiencing some estremely jittery animation with a companion mounted on the Grand Pillion Draft Horse, especially at speed. Sometimes the companion stands on the back of the horse. This varies (some) by zone.
    Gnatz

"The squeaky wheel gets the kick." -- Minsc