Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

talking about new quests in existing zones....

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
How about adding to the Bleakrock Isle zone the quest to restore peace and order be it by negotiations based on the High Isle truce or by force
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2022 5:41PM
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    A think a big hurdle for adding quests like that to base-game zones would be that the base-game zones are all built around the fact that there is a big 3-way war going on. If there ever is a point in ESO where the war does end, I think that would cause some large issues on zone consistency, since a lot of the zones intended for early on, are still tied to alliance in regards to the story, since those were not reworked for after One Tamriel; before that, only that alliance could play in that zone, so the quests made more sense.

I can't recall which quest it was exactly, but I was playing an AD character but the quest was for a different alliance, and it felt very odd to be helping them get rid of the AD menace; really causes a disconnect lol I think a war resolution happening would mess up the flow even more than the pre-One Tamriel did. I think this really stems from the "play in any order you like" approach; I actually TRY to play things in the intended order, since I have played some things out of order like it encourages and some of the stories were very fractured due to that. Sure, you CAN play it in any order, but I do believe that there is an optimal way to get the most out of the stories. There is definitely some time-hopping that our main character does to explain a lot of stuff.

But to get back on point, I don't think they could smoothly add things from later on in the story to earlier zones without rewriting a lot of stuff, which I can't see them wanting to do. I could see them maybe making a new zone be "post-war" or whatever, but they could not simply remove all of the content that is centric on the Three Banners War going on. Even now, there are a lot of narrative inconsistencies due to be able to play however you want. I don't really have a problem with it, since I certainly do not want to feel railroaded into playing in a specific way, either, but it is something that exists.
    Edited by Natakiro on December 16, 2022 11:38PM
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natakiro wrote: »
    A think a big hurdle for adding quests like that to base-game zones would be that the base-game zones are all built around the fact that there is a big 3-way war going on. If there ever is a point in ESO where the war does end, I think that would cause some large issues on zone consistency, since a lot of the zones intended for early on, are still tied to alliance in regards to the story, since those were not reworked for after One Tamriel; before that, only that alliance could play in that zone, so the quests made more sense.

I can't recall which quest it was exactly, but I was playing an AD character but the quest was for a different alliance, and it felt very odd to be helping them get rid of the AD menace; really causes a disconnect lol I think a war resolution happening would mess up the flow even more than the pre-One Tamriel did. I think this really stems from the "play in any order you like" approach; I actually TRY to play things in the intended order, since I have played some things out of order like it encourages and some of the stories were very fractured due to that. Sure, you CAN play it in any order, but I do believe that there is an optimal way to get the most out of the stories. There is definitely some time-hopping that our main character does to explain a lot of stuff.

But to get back on point, I don't think they could smoothly add things from later on in the story to earlier zones without rewriting a lot of stuff, which I can't see them wanting to do. I could see them maybe making a new zone be "post-war" or whatever, but they could not simply remove all of the content that is centric on the Three Banners War going on. Even now, there are a lot of narrative inconsistencies due to be able to play however you want. I don't really have a problem with it, since I certainly do not want to feel railroaded into playing in a specific way, either, but it is something that exists.

to be fair that existed even before one tamriel

back in the old days when all of the zones were "level gated", if you made an AD toon you started the AD side (auridon-reapers march) then went to coldharbour, then started cadwells silver in which you were "seeing things from the point of view of another alliance" and started you through the EP story, and then once you finish that you repeated with the DC story

both of those actively had parts where you could be fighting dominion NPCs and "helping" the enemy, but by some kind of magic probably from cadwell, when you are playing through those stories, you are essentially treated as a member of that faction and not your original faction

now as for the OP suggests, i think it would be nice to see some more stories in these base zones, likely they would be "side" quest like and not actually related to the main story so it wouldnt necessarily matter which faction you were
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭

back in the old days when all of the zones were "level gated", if you made an AD toon you started the AD side (auridon-reapers march) then went to coldharbour, then started cadwells silver in which you were "seeing things from the point of view of another alliance" and started you through the EP story, and then once you finish that you repeated with the DC story

both of those actively had parts where you could be fighting dominion NPCs and "helping" the enemy, but by some kind of magic probably from cadwell, when you are playing through those stories, you are essentially treated as a member of that faction and not your original faction
    I did not play ESO before One Tamriel, so apologies for getting that incorrect - I was not aware how Silver and Gold worked; but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it was inconsistent, even then. My main point was that there wouldn't be an easy way to introduce peace talk stuff into zones intrenched in the Three Banners War stories without moving the whole thing slightly forward, or retconning, I guess (or just straight-up not caring about it) lol I personally would enjoy seeing the peace talk stuff integrated into existing content.

PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'd like to know is: If they are going to use existing zones for future dlc's instead of bringing in new zones, does that mean the dlc will be cheaper, since there will be "less" to it?
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made several quests in existing zones. But it's very rare. For example: final story quest of the Thieves' Guild ends in Grahtwood.
    Edited by mocap on December 17, 2022 2:09PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did not play ESO before One Tamriel, so apologies for getting that incorrect - I was not aware how Silver and Gold worked; but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it was inconsistent, even then. My main point was that there wouldn't be an easy way to introduce peace talk stuff into zones intrenched in the Three Banners War stories without moving the whole thing slightly forward, or retconning, I guess (or just straight-up not caring about it) lol I personally would enjoy seeing the peace talk stuff integrated into existing content.

I wouldn't call it inconsistent, it was just a way of experiencing everything the game had to offer with 1 character. They created a form of logic that has to be understood to be appreciated- something they don't really do with recent content and why there's 2 Abnur Tharns in certain mage's guilds when you're far enough in the main quest, but haven't started elseweyr content. This could have been explained away, but there is no logic to that.

@mocap it ends in Deshaan for my main! Alliance-specific endings were always a good touch.
    Edited by Dr_Con on December 17, 2022 2:26PM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    What I'd like to know is: If they are going to use existing zones for future dlc's instead of bringing in new zones, does that mean the dlc will be cheaper, since there will be "less" to it?

In a way i disagree.

I wouldn't mind if they did use existing zones as it sort of fleshes out the world we already have instead of adding more 1-shot zones i never go to again after the quests are done. I'm sure some people love them, but unless made to by some quest i never return to clockwork city, deadlands, either elsweyr, and more. Using those (and other) zones again to add some more content means a return to them, meaning they don't seem as empty and those world events in them can be done again by those going through the zone the first time.

If the do though, i would hope the time not needed to create an entire new zone would be funneled into making some amazing stories, locations, systems, events, etc.

If not, then sure make them cheaper sort of mini-dlc.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    How about adding to the Bleakrock Isle zone the quest to restore peace and order be it by negotiations based on the High Isle truce or by force

This would be good idea. They can add it to the next chapter.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    it ends in Deshaan for my main! Alliance-specific endings were always a good touch.
    didn't know. Cool, thank you.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TG quests picked up in random refuges throughout Tamriel may have been hinted at.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock and Camlorn need to be restored! There’s many more, but these two are the first ones I can think of
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even without ending the war, they could add a quest to wipe out the Covenant invaders and help rebuild the village. Alternatively, depending on when the quest takes place it could be assumed that the DC forces withdrew from the island after their defeat in Stonefalls and something else occupied the area after their departure. It would be a nice touch to restore the place to working order, though they'd have to make a whole bunch of new NPCs for it since most of the original ones didn't survive the invasion. It could probably be done in the same instance as the pre-invasion village, just with different NPCs.
    PC EU