The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED] ESO audio book playing in background ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is a strange one: I was playing ESO just now, and somehow an ESO audio book started playing in the background, no matter what in-game activity I was doing. It was giving a detailed description of the various features of ESO, and I couldn't find any way to turn it off, nor did I know how I triggered it. I terminated the game and quit ESO, and it stopped. Can anyone tell me what it was all about ? What did I turn on ??
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 3, 2023 1:46AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they had implemented some kind of "text-to-speech" thing recently, maybe you had that enabled accidentally?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think they had implemented some kind of "text-to-speech" thing recently, maybe you had that enabled accidentally?
    Thanks. I checked, and Accessibility Mode is off. I also noticed in the Audio section that it has both audio subtitles (for NPC chat) and video subtitles, and I had both turned on. Any idea what the video subtitles are ? I searched, but couldn't find any answer on that one. By default, video subtitles are turned on, so I doubt that's the cause of what I observed the other day.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im guessing "video" subtitles are for the fully animated cinematic scenes (such as when they would introduce a new chapter and it would play a little video, the most memorable was probably greymoor release due to skyrim, but really any of those chapters)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    im guessing "video" subtitles are for the fully animated cinematic scenes (such as when they would introduce a new chapter and it would play a little video, the most memorable was probably greymoor release due to skyrim, but really any of those chapters)
    In other words, it's for the "Play Cinematic" menu feature, not actually for anything in-game. Yeah, that makes sense.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem solved, I think. I just saw this thread, where someone mentioned the Gameplay | Tutorials setting, so I turned it off.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/623980/game-tells-me-how-to-scry-for-antiquities-all-the-time-how-do-i-turn-it-off
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has resolved their audio issue, we will now close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.