The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can guild officers other than the Guild Master edit the guild recruitment page?

screamingabdabs
Hi,

Title kinda says it.

Our guild master is busy with rl stuff and we need to edit the recruitment page as its out of date. I'm referring to the listing page and not the message of the day/about us section. It looks like none of the officers can edit the listing part.

Does this mean that only the guild master can edit this, or do they need to click something to allow others the ability to do so?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2022 5:32PM
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean that only the guild master can edit this, or do they need to click something to allow others the ability to do so?

It would seems so, yes. It all depends on the guild permissions given to the officers. Nothing the officers can do about it, unless they have permission to set people's permission. However, it would seem unlikely an officer can set his/her own permissions. That's what a GM is for, after all. Seems you've got no alternative but to wait for the guild master to either edit the permissions in a way the officers can make those recruitment changes or change said page himself.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would seems so, yes. It all depends on the guild permissions given to the officers. Nothing the officers can do about it, unless they have permission to set people's permission. However, it would seem unlikely an officer can set his/her own permissions. That's what a GM is for, after all. Seems you've got no alternative but to wait for the guild master to either edit the permissions in a way the officers can make those recruitment changes or change said page himself.
    The question is which permission allows officers to do that. I thought the same as you, but just went into the game to check and even with all permissions checked it doesn't seem like the non-guildmaster can list/unlist the guild nor edit the recruitment page.

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Co - Guildmaster here, to answer your question,no it is not possible for officers to edit the recruitment page which shows in the guild finder.
    Everything else, yes, officers can edit message of the day, the about us section, notes for members and make bids if the Guildmaster has given the permission to do so.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on December 12, 2022 3:56PM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The question is which permission allows officers to do that. I thought the same as you, but just went into the game to check and even with all permissions checked it doesn't seem like the non-guildmaster can list/unlist the guild nor edit the recruitment page.

You’ve got it exactly right. Only the GM can publish the guild to allow applications, or edit the recruitment page. I believe any officer can remove the guild from being listed.

I personally know of two trade guilds who cited this as one of the reasons they folded after their respective GMs left the game without promoting a successor to be the new GM.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GM here to report that only the GM can edit the Guild Finder recruitment page and allow it to be listed or not.

There is no option to delegate that power. Closest is allowing officers to manage applications aka accepting or declining applications coming in via Guild Finder.

Which is honestly dumb that it can’t be delegated. I was in a guild once where this feature came out while the GM was on extended medical absence. He had to drag himself out of his recovery bed to pass Crown to another officer to become GM because ZOS gave no other way for this to be dealt with, unlike all other guild functions which can be delegated.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • screamingabdabs
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like we are stuck then.

However I see @Lady_Galadhiel you're a joint Guild Master? Is it then possible to have more than one? Unfortunatly none of the current officers really have the time (due to rl) to be the GM - though I don't think any of us know what other tasks it involves.

We can already bid for traders, maintain the blacklist, accept applicants etc, etc so if its just the listing that seems rather odd.

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

However I see @Lady_Galadhiel you're a joint Guild Master? Is it then possible to have more than one? Unfortunatly none of the current officers really have the time (due to rl) to be the GM - though I don't think any of us know what other tasks it involves.

We can already bid for traders, maintain the blacklist, accept applicants etc, etc so if its just the listing that seems rather odd.

There can be only one Guildmaster, which is the person who created the guild unless the person passes the lead to someone else.
    The guildleader decided to give me this title because he gave me all permissions he could,yet the only thing I am unable to do its changing the recruitment page.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, no one can share actual GM status. Co-GM, Joint-GM, or Vice-GM are terms bandied about when folks wish to share leadership recognition of a guild, but it is a title only. For example, the founder of our guild and also the one who hosts our guild hall at his primary residence is considered a Co-GM - we speak together regarding major guild decisions. He has all the power I can grant him as my equal for accepting/declining/blacklisting people, making trader bids, withdrawing from guild bank, etc EXCEPT FOR Guild Finder listing - which only I control as GM. And only one person can be listed as GM and have the power to promote someone up past the level they are already at or to pass the GM title off themself and to someone else.

People can say custom titles all they want, but as far as ZOS is concerned, you can only have ONE GM and they hold all the power as far as Guild Finder goes. My advice is if your current GM cannot dedicate the time needed to maintain your guild but can still get online into the game, he or she should choose a successor from their officers and give them GM status by promoting them up to their equal level, which officially takes GM status off the current GM and places it onto the person they are promoting and passing GM to.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • screamingabdabs
    Hi there,

Many thanks for clarifying this. I have no idea how we are going to be able to contact the current GM as they are basically absent. Its a shame that we can't have co-gm's as I have seen at least two GMs burnout and vanish from separate guilds; it can be a lot of work, somewhat like cat herding.