Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gyrfalcon Gather (Two Part Questions)

PingTheAwesome
PingTheAwesome
✭✭✭
Context:
I am someone who spends literally hours gathering. I am a grand master crafter, have all of the crafting maxed out, etc. All of the passives (CP or otherwise are there). When I previewed this item, there was an arrow at the bottom meant to display the difference between "Gatherer" and "Master Gatherer". I purchased the item, thinking that it would be worth it given the extensive gathering I am often out doing.
Questions:
1. I am not seeing the visual difference between the two. In both, the bird is called, swoops down, picks up the item, and swoops off. I am not seeing a difference. Is there one?
2. How do I know how trained up the falcon is? There's not a bar that I can look at (from what I am currently aware of) to know where I stand on gathering. I spent the better part of the day doing this yesterday, so the training should be substantial or at least, definitely there. How do I know how trained up the falcon is or isn't?
Deaf Healer of Vet Content // Master Crafter // Joined 2016, Consistent Play Since 2018
  • Kaethgar
    Kaethgar
    ✭✭
    It's just an alternate animation for picking plants, no falcon to train/level.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for your first point, i think your character does a VERY slightly different animation between the "normal" and "master" versions

i had to preview the animation for both several times before i even noticed the difference
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities