The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gyrfalcon Gather (Two Part Questions)

PingTheAwesome
PingTheAwesome
✭✭✭
Context:
I am someone who spends literally hours gathering. I am a grand master crafter, have all of the crafting maxed out, etc. All of the passives (CP or otherwise are there). When I previewed this item, there was an arrow at the bottom meant to display the difference between "Gatherer" and "Master Gatherer". I purchased the item, thinking that it would be worth it given the extensive gathering I am often out doing.
Questions:
1. I am not seeing the visual difference between the two. In both, the bird is called, swoops down, picks up the item, and swoops off. I am not seeing a difference. Is there one?
2. How do I know how trained up the falcon is? There's not a bar that I can look at (from what I am currently aware of) to know where I stand on gathering. I spent the better part of the day doing this yesterday, so the training should be substantial or at least, definitely there. How do I know how trained up the falcon is or isn't?
Deaf Healer of Vet Content // Master Crafter // Joined 2016, Consistent Play Since 2018
  • Kaethgar
    Kaethgar
    ✭✭
    It's just an alternate animation for picking plants, no falcon to train/level.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for your first point, i think your character does a VERY slightly different animation between the "normal" and "master" versions

i had to preview the animation for both several times before i even noticed the difference
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014