Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblades bad at AoE?

Aziz006
Aziz006
✭✭✭
I see a lot people complaining about lack of AoE damage or slow AoE grind that NB class has. Please stop complaining. I am not proffesional gamer actually I am really new to MMOs. But I had no problem with Aoe grinding. Yeah I know it is not a sorcerer that wrecks trashpacks. But is it really weak ?
I have just soloed a public dungeon in Reaper's March ( I am vr5) and had no problem at all. Only problem I had is mages especially fire mages(Yeah I am vampire) which I choose to eliminate first.
What I say is please stop complaining about NBs and enjoy your class .NB is balaced. Yeah it is balanced.
Edited by Aziz006 on May 4, 2014 9:50AM
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People usually just spec them for max dps, which is why they lose out on their AoE potential - and then they see other builds handle PvE much easier and they conclude that nightblades are underpowered.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades have decent AE when built for it. Power Extraction combined with Lotus fan, whirlwind, and siphoning attacks will give you solid damage with nice sustainability.

However, the age old argument of "I did it so the class is fine" does not change the fact that other classes can still achieve the same results much easier.
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Stx I am not familiar with other classes except sorc which has critical surge skill that is extremely good. But the point is I dont even use class skills for AoE grinding. Volcanic rune, steel tornado and good timing is all we need. That is not theory I use it all time and it totally works
    Edited by Aziz006 on May 4, 2014 11:43AM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Aziz006 wrote: »
    Stx I am not familiar with other classes except sorc with has critical surge skill that is extremely good. But the point is I dont even use class skills for AoE grinding. Volcanic rune, steel tornado and good timing is all we need. That is not theory I use it all time and it totally works

THIS!!!!

what people miss is the fact that the best AoE skills are not class skills -_-'

I'm a sorc... one of those considered to be the best AoE calss... and in my AoE bar there is only ONE class skill -_-' that is critical surge... yes it is a powerfull ability... but there are other abilities from other classes that can cover the same or pretty similar role