Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why am I alliance locked in Grey Host?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
-I haven't been in Grey Host in 3 months.
-I know you had a glitch last big update causing this. There have been patches since. It should be fixed.
-I have to pay 100k alliance points to fix this. Again, I haven't been in Grey Host in 3 months. There shouldn't be a charge whatsoever. That's how it's supposed to work. Each month I get to pick a team. Without paying.

Telling me I have to pay to pick a team when- again, I HAVEN'T BEEN IN GREY HOST IN THREE MONTHS, is just... it just shows how little y'all care about pvpers.... or casuals like me who used to pvpers that want to give the game another shot.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 12, 2023 2:25PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put in a bug report first.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno I think he hasn't been in Grey Host for 3 months
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xuiu988up32d.png

"... you will need to log into your other characters on the account, locate which ones have Gray Host assigned as their "Home" campaign that are of other alliances, and unassign them from Gray Host."

So if you have 10 chars locked in Gray Host you will have to pay for all of them to leave campaign, before you can play for another alliance next campaign? How much is it for one char?

I have no idea, because i never changed alliance. And i can't play on Gray Host at the moment, because they broke it for Playstation EU with a maintenance 4 months ago. It's completely empty and the people who are left have to play on Blackreach.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any characters that are homed to Gray Host, re-home to another campaign instead of leaving the campaign. Re-homing if it is the first time in a while, has no AP cost.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, heres where I'm up to....

-I quit Grey Host on my blue. It was free. As it should be.
    -my red has two choices. Pay 100k to abandon Blackreach. Or pay 150k to join Grey Host.

This is still broken.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You may be getting a campaign locked message for Gray Host. This is caused by having multiple characters from different alliances assigned to Gray Host. Our FAQ below goes over how to enter this campaign.

Why is a Campaign locked for some of my characters?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    You may be getting a campaign locked message for Gray Host. This is caused by having multiple characters from different alliances assigned to Gray Host. Our FAQ below goes over how to enter this campaign.

Why is a Campaign locked for some of my characters?

I'M NOT PAYING 100K GOLD OR 100K AP TO ABANDON A CAMPAIGN I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN IN FOR FOUR MONTHS. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE.

0b41mpr4clue.png

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FluffWit

If you've not already done so, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @FluffWit

If you've not already done so, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.

No. I have zero faith in them doing anything at all to help.

• Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. I haven’t been in Greyhost in months, since the maintenance broke it, and yet I have to pay 100k per character to get into another campaign, which will never happen. As a result, no Cyrodiil for me since then.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same issue. I haven’t been in Greyhost in months, since the maintenance broke it, and yet I have to pay 100k per character to get into another campaign, which will never happen. As a result, no Cyrodiil for me since then.

Right, because it's a game wide bug, not an issue with our characters or accounts.

Which is why @ZOS_Bill should be passing this on to the devs instead of telling me to waste my time and customer supports submitting a ticket. They won't do a thing. Because theres nothing they can do.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, I had this exact same issue last campaign.

I messaged support about it, and they instructed me to do what you're being told to do here.

I then abandoned the campaign/homed blackreach on every single character, none of which had entered it during that campaign cycle, paid for an alliance swap on my main character, and still could not enter.

Support then told me there was nothing that could be done and I'd have to wait.

Seems like alliance locks should simply be done away with. They don't work properly, support and public information regarding them is unclear at best, and they're a general headache that most people would rather live without.

But I guess they probably help sell faction swap tokens, so they'll never actually get removed.
    Edited by React on January 16, 2023 7:50PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster