Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

death match weekend showed us that pvp is still alive

HiImRex
HiImRex
✭✭✭✭✭
BGs were dying rapidly this patch, until deathmatch weekend hit.

Despite the annoying frost warden spam, players showed up in decent numbers for the weekend, builds became sharper, players were more focused.

The best thing ESO has going for it is the combat. Can we get at least 2 deathmatch weekends per month, with other obj weekends alternating on off weeks?

And maybe deathmatch weighed more heavily in mode selection during the week, so it hits about 40% of all matches?

Just a thought, I'm really impressed out everyone showed up for the DM weekend.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 15, 2022 4:52PM
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, I've been avoiding the frost spam, and haven't felt that excited, or compelled to queue bgs for a while. Personally DM didn't change that, but I'm glad others finally got to enjoy their preferred mode.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "builds became sharper, players were more focused," Come on dude... Talk about intangibles that are easy to say but impossible to prove. What's that honestly even mean? How many peoples' focus level are you vouching for exactly?

Another recent thread about this topic was filled with old "retired" vets talking about how it wasn't enough to bring them back. And I can tell you on my platform that every bg weekend has seen high activity.

So I'm sorry but the verdict isn't in just because you and your friends had a good time.

I've said before that DM doesn't come up enough and I'd be comfortable with every bg weekend being DM. It isn't a FAIR suggestion, it's just me throwing a bone to people that have clearly been slighted. And I recognize DM lovers make up a large part of the bg crowd.

But asking for half the weekends AND asking for the regular ques to be heavily weighted in DMs favor is just a terribly biased and shortsighted opinion. I mean basically you just want it to go back to random que sucking everyone into DM.

DM is 1 mode. It isn't logical, much less fair, to lump all obj modes together as though the options are only DM and obj. There is capture the relic, chaosball, domination, and crazy king. They're all different, and no 1 mode needs a 40% chance of popping.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Implement what is suggested here and i can finally enjoy this game again. I still like it but when deathmatch was its own que i was able to really love this game. Bg weekend is so much better then expected. Everyone playing means business. Its serious stay grouped focus targets together sync ultimates its a treat
    Edited by WoppaBoem on December 11, 2022 3:41PM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    "builds became sharper, players were more focused," Come on dude... Talk about intangibles that are easy to say but impossible to prove. What's that honestly even mean? How many peoples' focus level are you vouching for exactly?

DM is 1 mode. It isn't logical, much less fair, to lump all obj modes together as though the options are only DM and obj. There is capture the relic, chaosball, domination, and crazy king. They're all different, and no 1 mode needs a 40% chance of popping.

People come to kill i saw everyone improving a lot on their builds so i agree with post here.

Second deathmatch is indeed 1 mode. All others are objective they all share the fact completing the objective 3 with flags 1 with bal that could have been a flag to win. Spreading the que equally gives 80% to objective modes with flavors and 20% to deathmatch bg killing fields. That is not enough nor fair nor fun. Something has to be done to have much more deathmatches.

Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By that line of thinking there's only 1 mode period: obj. 3 with flags 1 with ball and 1 with kills. Some people love deathmatch and hate everything else. Some people love chaosball and hate everything else. Some people love flag games but hate chaosball. It is WRONG to act like all obj modes are the same regardless of what the obj actually is.

Like I said, I'm in favor of finding a way to satisfy the DM crowd. But giving them 50% of weekends (that last 4 or 5 days btw,) AND 40% of regular play is way way way too much.

If there were 4 bg weekends in a 30 day month... Let's see that's 10 days worth of DM... 40% of the remaining 20 days is what, about 8 more days? So 18 days (worth,) of DM in a 30 day timespan. That's over half for one mode when there are 5 modes.

No logical fair-minded brain comes up with this idea. It is clear what the agenda is.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just let people have the choice of which game mode to play. Problem solved. These back and forth arguments waste so much of the players’ time. No idea why ZOS just won’t simply give what players want. The ability to choose a game mode has no affect at all to game balance or anything else, other than people get to enjoy the game mode of their choice.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO’s strength is it’s combat.

There’s 5 modes and 3 of them actively discourage engaging with the best part of ESO’s pvp gameplay.

If you have one good pair of work boots and 4 torn up boots with holes, you’re going to give every pair a fair shot?

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What discourages combat is people not defending their relic. What discourages combat is people refusing to chase the chaosball. What discourages combat is people not contesting flags. What discourages combat is when 1 team wants to win by the rules and another team wants to pretend the rules are something else, be absent from the objective, and then whine when they rightfully lose.

The biggest part of pvp, whatever mode campaign or zone, is and will always be killing. Having a flag for points doesn't discourage fighting. It encourages people to fight for a flag. Literally.

You can go to IC and gank whether you want tel var or not. You can hump a tower in cyrodiil for hours whether you capture the castle or not. The game is NOT hurting for places to kill people, nor do objectives stop the main activity from always being fighting.

Let us have a little variety for crying out loud.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always nice to see a (seemingly) active BGs. Even though I don't PvP nearly as much as I did in the past, I do enjoy getting in a few rounds a week for varieties sake.

I wouldn't mid seeing a more consistent and constant rotation of all the BG types highlighted on the weekends going forward.

At least something/anything to show off PvP :/
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What discourages combat is people not defending their relic. What discourages combat is people refusing to chase the chaosball. What discourages combat is people not contesting flags. What discourages combat is when 1 team wants to win by the rules and another team wants to pretend the rules are something else, be absent from the objective, and then whine when they rightfully lose.

The biggest part of pvp, whatever mode campaign or zone, is and will always be killing. Having a flag for points doesn't discourage fighting. It encourages people to fight for a flag. Literally.

You can go to IC and gank whether you want tel var or not. You can hump a tower in cyrodiil for hours whether you capture the castle or not. The game is NOT hurting for places to kill people, nor do objectives stop the main activity from always being fighting.

Let us have a little variety for crying out loud.

Sorry but this is very much not the case. Assuming TDM players not playing objectives discourages combat is very false. The game modes themselves DO indeed discourage combat, because the way to win is not to PVP.

Why would I ever contest a flag on capture the flag when you get more points taking empty flags than you do defending? Why would I defend a relic when you get more points from taking another relic? Why would I ever fight while holding the chaos ball when I gain more points from running around with it?

Not a single one of these game modes reward fighting on the objective, they reward playing the objective which is NOT parallel to combat itself. Just because combat CAN happen, doesn't mean it IS happening. And when there's a weekend when all you play is objective modes, people aren't playing to fight, they're playing solely to do the objectives.

Are we really gonna pretend all objective modes are not filled with players who are doing this all day?

Even if EVERYONE did the objectives, that does not change the fact that these players are running max speed stam sorcs to just run around all day and make it impossible to even enjoy any PVP (because they're not trying to PVP, they want to win the game).

It's interesting how every debate on the game modes seems to neglect the fact that there's a subset of players who do this consistently enough to ruin every objective game mode.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave a lengthy explanation of the right course of action to take under those circumstances in the last debate on this issue. It's really not that hard you just have to want to.

The problem as seen by several vocal DM enthusiasts as explained to me in countless debates: "I'm high mmr. Almost all high mmr players prefer deathmatch because it's a greater test of skill. Scrubby players fight us, lose the first conflict or two, and then run off on speed builds to avoid fighting and win the game."

So the first obvious flaw in this line of thinking is that you aren't high mmr just because you have an awesome team. You're only high mmr if your opponents are high mmr. If your high mmr opponents are ignoring fighting to run the objectives then you're wrong that most high mmr people only want to fight.

If your opponents are truly bad players (compared to you,) and running the objectives then your strategy as a team needs to be 1) learn the rotation of the flag spawns 2) split up 3) be there in advance so they can't cap a free flag.

And when I said this last time the responses I got from various DM players was, laughably: if we split up we might be the ones dying. Implying to me two things... 1) some people here aren't as good as they say they are and, again 2) some high mmr players enjoy doing objectives more than fighting.

It is abundantly clear, if only to me, that the DM enthusiasts here with no appreciation for OBJ modes all run 4 man comp groups min-maxed for only one thing-- killing. Killing with a group. They aren't fast, aren't slick, aren't flexible, aren't able to X, aren't geared for anything except a 20% chance of DM. And they lose 80% of the time to groups geared towards a wider spectrum of what may be asked of them.

The entire debate, now and before, is disingenuous, arrogant, and incorrect. Disingenuous because I find it impossible to believe that most of you don't know this very well and are literally lying to get what YOU want.

So which is it? Are you just barely able to beat opponents 1 on 1? Or do lots of high mmr players enjoy objectives?

Because if you all solo stand on different flags (yes I'm aware I'm focusing my points on only 2 game modes, sorry,) and you are better fighters then you will win AND HAVE FUN while being challenged fighting outnumbered.

And that is a lot more glorious than mini-zerging around with undeath, cross heals, assigned roles, and whatever cheese you can muster but have the nerve to come here and complain about later.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave a lengthy explanation of the right course of action to take under those circumstances in the last debate on this issue. It's really not that hard you just have to want to.

The problem as seen by several vocal DM enthusiasts as explained to me in countless debates: "I'm high mmr. Almost all high mmr players prefer deathmatch because it's a greater test of skill. Scrubby players fight us, lose the first conflict or two, and then run off on speed builds to avoid fighting and win the game."

So the first obvious flaw in this line of thinking is that you aren't high mmr just because you have an awesome team. You're only high mmr if your opponents are high mmr. If your high mmr opponents are ignoring fighting to run the objectives then you're wrong that most high mmr people only want to fight.

If your opponents are truly bad players (compared to you,) and running the objectives then your strategy as a team needs to be 1) learn the rotation of the flag spawns 2) split up 3) be there in advance so they can't cap a free flag.

And when I said this last time the responses I got from various DM players was, laughably: if we split up we might be the ones dying. Implying to me two things... 1) some people here aren't as good as they say they are and, again 2) some high mmr players enjoy doing objectives more than fighting.

It is abundantly clear, if only to me, that the DM enthusiasts here with no appreciation for OBJ modes all run 4 man comp groups min-maxed for only one thing-- killing. Killing with a group. They aren't fast, aren't slick, aren't flexible, aren't able to X, aren't geared for anything except a 20% chance of DM. And they lose 80% of the time to groups geared towards a wider spectrum of what may be asked of them.

The entire debate, now and before, is disingenuous, arrogant, and incorrect. Disingenuous because I find it impossible to believe that most of you don't know this very well and are literally lying to get what YOU want.

So which is it? Are you just barely able to beat opponents 1 on 1? Or do lots of high mmr players enjoy objectives?

Because if you all solo stand on different flags (yes I'm aware I'm focusing my points on only 2 game modes, sorry,) and you are better fighters then you will win AND HAVE FUN while being challenged fighting outnumbered.

And that is a lot more glorious than mini-zerging around with undeath, cross heals, assigned roles, and whatever cheese you can muster but have the nerve to come here and complain about later.

I'm not sure which of this is relevant to me, however I do hate objective modes, but I have tried to play them sincerely. Most of the times when I DO engage, it's not very fun at all. Especially with new battleground weekends locking you into 1 gamemode. There's been more max speed builds, healers, and tanks more than ever that have been blocking you from doing the objective.

Whether it's bash blocking you from taking the their relic repeatedly, running at twice the speed you do, or just never dying because they have 50k hp and 40k resistances. It's very hard to WANT to engage in these game modes because like I said previously, these people aren't in it for PVP. They're in it to win.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to win but at a certain point the game becomes very unfun. I hated capture the relic because tanks just grab relics and cannot be killed and they repeated bash block you when you go for theirs. Chaos ball is either tanks/healers keeping their ball runner alive or werewolves/speed sorcs who just run for the entire game.

Irrespective of whether or not 1 person is doing objective or all, this is not fun to play against. This is not PVP people want. No body wants to chase around track star all day nor do they wanna beat on a meat shield all day. It is not fun, period.

These game modes do not encourage pvp because as you can see, they're rewarded for doing this. That game in the video I shown ended in 3 minutes because that speed sorc just kept getting the ball and running all the time. And the weekends DO NOT remedy this at all, it just encourages you to bring more of these because it's the most effective way to win the game.

However, most effective way to win doesn't correlate to the most fun, and in these scenarios, it is not fun at all. I can't be mad at people who just don't bother with objective when these are the people you compete against. I spent first 2 minutes chasing a single guy while fighting nobody in that video. You can hardly call that PVP nor does it appeal to what people want in BG's.

Yet in every discussion we like to talk about DM players who ignore objectives and not the fact that these people are literally allowed to win the game in 3 minutes uncontested just because they have speed or tankiness.

No tactics, no coordination required, no contest. Is this the sort of pvp people are really fine with?
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on December 12, 2022 8:27PM

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing though-- the speed builds enjoy being speed builds. And the bash blockers enjoy being bash blockers. And people like me, who are neither, also enjoy objectives modes. So if you play 5 games, all objective, and you feel like the majority of the objectives were won by whatever cheese... Then I hate to tell you, but you're clearly outnumbered.

That's right-- the other people matter too.

Furthermore, and guess what I've said this before in previous discussions as well, you can't claim to be unable to pick up a relic cuz you get bashed all the time AND simultaneously complain that the guys picking up your relic can't be stopped. Big fat learn to play issue right there.

It isn't as though I'm oblivious to the problems. And I agree that the weekends bring out the worst because people know in advance what cheese they need on their sandwich. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the games are fun and fair to me. Sure I could post some clips of my team losing because of another teams unsportsmanlike behavior. I could also post clips of me playing the crap out of the objectives-- returning relics while holding relics-- Xing entire teams-- turning and fighting while holding the chaosball like an absolute boss. And this is more fun and more flavorful than ONLY killing to me.

I'm not here to be a jerk, I'm really not. I'm on the record in previous topics as saying "every bg weekend should be deathmatch, but only make it two days long." I stand by that. I remember how it felt when DMs were the only thing anyone could get due to a broken que system. And now I know you guys are only playing the mode you enjoy 20% of the time. That's terrible. I feel bad for you all.

But I can't be anything other than contrarian when I come to threads like this and hear things like "make bgs be only two teams," or "make there be only 1 relic," or "let's play DM 18 days out of 30."

Come up with a FAIR idea. Somebody. Please.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that the DM weekend was the most fun I've had in BGs since before the random only queue was implemented. I saw more duos and premades queuing in the group queue than I have in that time frame as well. I grouped with some folks I've seen in bgs for a while but had no reason to group with because I don't see the point of grouping with people to cap flags. So, I ended up making more friends. I had newer players asking me for build advice. I can't even remember that last time someone expressed interest in my build in game. I guess DPS builds are less important when you're just capping objectives.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on December 13, 2022 5:15PM
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

I'm not sure which of this is relevant to me, however I do hate objective modes, but I have tried to play them sincerely. Most of the times when I DO engage, it's not very fun at all. Especially with new battleground weekends locking you into 1 gamemode. There's been more max speed builds, healers, and tanks more than ever that have been blocking you from doing the objective.

Whether it's bash blocking you from taking the their relic repeatedly, running at twice the speed you do, or just never dying because they have 50k hp and 40k resistances. It's very hard to WANT to engage in these game modes because like I said previously, these people aren't in it for PVP. They're in it to win.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to win but at a certain point the game becomes very unfun. I hated capture the relic because tanks just grab relics and cannot be killed and they repeated bash block you when you go for theirs. Chaos ball is either tanks/healers keeping their ball runner alive or werewolves/speed sorcs who just run for the entire game.

Irrespective of whether or not 1 person is doing objective or all, this is not fun to play against. This is not PVP people want. No body wants to chase around track star all day nor do they wanna beat on a meat shield all day. It is not fun, period.

These game modes do not encourage pvp because as you can see, they're rewarded for doing this. That game in the video I shown ended in 3 minutes because that speed sorc just kept getting the ball and running all the time. And the weekends DO NOT remedy this at all, it just encourages you to bring more of these because it's the most effective way to win the game.

However, most effective way to win doesn't correlate to the most fun, and in these scenarios, it is not fun at all. I can't be mad at people who just don't bother with objective when these are the people you compete against. I spent first 2 minutes chasing a single guy while fighting nobody in that video. You can hardly call that PVP nor does it appeal to what people want in BG's.

Yet in every discussion we like to talk about DM players who ignore objectives and not the fact that these people are literally allowed to win the game in 3 minutes uncontested just because they have speed or tankiness.

No tactics, no coordination required, no contest. Is this the sort of pvp people are really fine with?

There isn't a big enough PvP group to voice their opinion about how horrible the PvP is in this game. 4 of the 5 modes you can win without any kind of PvP. It's a stupid system.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing though-- the speed builds enjoy being speed builds. And the bash blockers enjoy being bash blockers. And people like me, who are neither, also enjoy objectives modes. So if you play 5 games, all objective, and you feel like the majority of the objectives were won by whatever cheese... Then I hate to tell you, but you're clearly outnumbered.

That's right-- the other people matter too.

Furthermore, and guess what I've said this before in previous discussions as well, you can't claim to be unable to pick up a relic cuz you get bashed all the time AND simultaneously complain that the guys picking up your relic can't be stopped. Big fat learn to play issue right there.

It isn't as though I'm oblivious to the problems. And I agree that the weekends bring out the worst because people know in advance what cheese they need on their sandwich. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the games are fun and fair to me. Sure I could post some clips of my team losing because of another teams unsportsmanlike behavior. I could also post clips of me playing the crap out of the objectives-- returning relics while holding relics-- Xing entire teams-- turning and fighting while holding the chaosball like an absolute boss. And this is more fun and more flavorful than ONLY killing to me.

I'm not here to be a jerk, I'm really not. I'm on the record in previous topics as saying "every bg weekend should be deathmatch, but only make it two days long." I stand by that. I remember how it felt when DMs were the only thing anyone could get due to a broken que system. And now I know you guys are only playing the mode you enjoy 20% of the time. That's terrible. I feel bad for you all.

But I can't be anything other than contrarian when I come to threads like this and hear things like "make bgs be only two teams," or "make there be only 1 relic," or "let's play DM 18 days out of 30."

Come up with a FAIR idea. Somebody. Please.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian either but I understand how TDM players can feel when they "just ignore the objective" cause when you play against these players it's easy to just not want to compete knowing the game will end in 3 minutes with some of these players. I don't hate the idea of objectives, but it's also not fun chasing around tanks or werewolves in chaos ball and the game modes are conducive to this type of gameplay.

It just makes it less appealing for people who aren't trying to be top 100 on BG leaderboards all the time and are doing it just for the fun/sport, so I can understand not caring if having your fill of fun is your ultimate goal.

It could easily be fixed by either just doing things like adding a super snare onto the chaos ball or making the chaos ball damage ramp up faster so you drop the chaos ball more often, or simply just adding more queue options, or literally anything. However, it's obvious ZOS has no intention of changing it, so it's easy to sympathize with these people.

The only way to break the status quo is by having zos being willing to listen to wants to feedback of players, however that might never happen as I doubt ZOS considers BG's as high of priority with how little attention reaches this side of the game

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to prefer objective modes, but I played more BGs than normal this weekend because of the weekly endeavor. Unfortunately, I worry that ZOS is going to misread the situation and think that people like me played because of the deathmatch weekend instead.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the chaosball could use a snare. Or... Hmm. Well. Or perhaps disable the ball carriers ability to sprint instead. I say this because there's two ways to cheese the chaosball and only 1 is running. The other is just being crazy tanky, and several methods of being super tanky already have a snare.

Then again, with what I said, snow treaders would become the thing. Maybe the answer is reduce SELF healing of the chaosball carrier. By like 33%. So you're punished for outrunning your own team.

The snare might be more appropriate on relic holders.

Flag games I honestly think are fine. If teams become more willing to split up and focus on flags it will be impossible for a less talented team to win.

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the chaosball could use a snare. Or... Hmm. Well. Or perhaps disable the ball carriers ability to sprint instead. I say this because there's two ways to cheese the chaosball and only 1 is running. The other is just being crazy tanky, and several methods of being super tanky already have a snare.

Then again, with what I said, snow treaders would become the thing. Maybe the answer is reduce SELF healing of the chaosball carrier. By like 33%. So you're punished for outrunning your own team.

The snare might be more appropriate on relic holders.

Flag games I honestly think are fine. If teams become more willing to split up and focus on flags it will be impossible for a less talented team to win.

I think snare would be more appropriate cause it's mean to be chaos around the ball carrier and running around kind of defeats the point of it. So making it not be able to move around so freely makes sense so it's a centralized point and drops often from damage ramping it has

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow you on that but iron flask, blocking, the heavy armor skill, and... I feel like there's a tanky mythic that grants a lot of mitigation but I can't think of it right now. They all come with a snare already. So I just think making the person be unable to sprint would accomplish the exact same thing you want but not necessarily steer people towards ridiculously tanky stand your ground builds.

I dunno. Not important. I agree with small helpful changes like this.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy King encourages fighting, in the first half of it at least. Domination is terrible though, in my opinion. The best strategy to win domination is to almost always run from a fight and cap an unattended flag. That's not PvP at all to me.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is @GetAgrippa if every team uses what you call the best strategy then no flags will be unattended and fighting will happen.

I do frequently leave fights during obj modes. Normally to attend to the objective. It really all depends, and that's what I like about obj modes. How you play should depend on something. If my team is winning then i take the time to fight that other guy who obviously wants to 1v1. If I'm fighting a 1v1 and I notice the 3rd team is taking advantage of the situation then I leave to go get some points.

Not that different from deathmatch really. If you find yourself beating on someone with 40k health that just won't go down then you switch targets, right? I run away from duels in grahtwood too when it goes beyond a certain length. Fighting without purpose isn't as fun as fighting with purpose.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi there!

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow you on that but iron flask, blocking, the heavy armor skill, and... I feel like there's a tanky mythic that grants a lot of mitigation but I can't think of it right now. They all come with a snare already. So I just think making the person be unable to sprint would accomplish the exact same thing you want but not necessarily steer people towards ridiculously tanky stand your ground builds.

I dunno. Not important. I agree with small helpful changes like this.

the ball should probably debuff several aspects of you probably

-speed would stop runners, -resist/-healing would stop tanks

the biggest problem that i see with chaosball is not so much that, but actual map geometry issues and getting the ball into places that its very difficult to get to and almost impossible to even attack the ball carrier (its possible -movement would help reduce some of this though)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ALAEACUS
    ALAEACUS
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the Deathmatch weekend that occurred a few weekends ago. Now I've been trying to get the Pit Daemon armor this entire weekend and I haven't had a SINGLE Deathmatch game in 48 hours of queuing. This is very annoying, I don't want these other modes. It's wasting my weekend.

Now I am just exiting my team and eating the penalty when I see Deathmatch hasn't popped. Is that what you wanted with this Random Queue ZoS? Because that is what you now get. At first I felt bad but now I don't even care anymore. Quit pushing me to play something I don't even want to play.

Never have I ever seen an MMO give multiple options for PvP modes, yet completely take away the ability to choose which mode you want to play. If all people funnel into one mode, and you want people to play other game modes too, your answer is forcing players into game modes they don't like?!?!? What kind of crap logic is that? Are you trying to get people to leave entirely?
    Edited by ALAEACUS on December 18, 2022 11:43PM