Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

2 Questions about Werewolfs and other skill lines during transformation.

Vizjerie
Vizjerie
2 questions,

first is during transformation as a werewolf, i notice that my armor skill line are all set to 0, as if no points have been put in it. is that a bug? what happens if i place a few points into those armor passives WHILE im in werewolf. does it affect the wolf when transformed? or would points be wasted and lost forever.

second question is regarding teh 2 aiblities werewolves have, as a vampire u can place drain and mist form on ur skill bar and turn in quests to level them up. but as a wolf, is the only way to level them up via using them while transformed? or is there a way to lvl them up faster? im assuming turning in quests AS a werewolf would be one, but that seems really complicated for so little...

thanks!
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    For your first question I think no one really knows if it is a bug or intended. You can't place skill points into anything while you are transformed.

You can level up werewolf abilities faster by putting it on your action bar and questing with it, you can't use the abilities but they still level up from the experience you gain.
  • Vizjerie
    Vizjerie
    oh good call! putting it on the skill bar. forgot about that. thanks!

as for the armor thing, when im transformed i see the + sign in front of the passives, it looks as if all of em have been refunded.. i just never click on 1.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Could be some way to balance heavy armor against light armor werewolfs but they could have just given werewolf form it's own armor stat so it's likely a bug.

Second question as @Brittany_joy said you can put them on your bar if you dislike having abilities you don't use whenever you come up to a quest turn in close the NPC conversation and put them on your bar then turn it in.

This way is still tedious but less intrusive then having two unusable abilities all the time and lets you still level the abilities you replace them with some from normal monsters.