Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 meager trans points for vet maelstrom?

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
This is ridiculous! Does anyone else feel cheated in the way of trans points in the regards of completing vet maelstrom arena?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 13, 2022 4:15AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm! You might be onto something here. If doing a solo/group arena gave more transmutes once a day, maybe fewer players would faketank random normal dungeons and leave everyone in the dust. But I feel like it'd have to be at least 20-30 transmute stones or so.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got to think about time/rewards and whether it benefits others.
    VMA takes about under an hour when you know what you are doing.
    A dungeon with a group 30 mins give or take.
    You can earn more doing card games though the drop rate is RNG.

If for eg you got 30 crystals for VMA, 5 crystals for a vet pledge, then why would anyone do a vet pledge when in the same time you are getting 5x the amount doling VMA.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really, I don't think vma was ever designed as a transmute farm, it already has its own unique rewards and there are much better and faster options for transmutes.
    PC EU
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repairing walls in Cyrodiil is safe, fast, and efficient method of farming transmute crystals. Why bother with any other ways?
    PC EU
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Repairing walls in Cyrodiil is safe, fast, and efficient method of farming transmute crystals. Why bother with any other ways?

Explain please for a transmute crystal deficient brainlet?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

Repair keeps > earn AP> rewards of the worthy coffers > gold transmute crystals

(Edited in a phrase)
    Edited by Djennku on December 8, 2022 12:05PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

(Edited in a phrase)

And the end-of-campaign rewards. Set a 30-day campaign as your home, get 25k AP in any way on it, and you get a geode worth 50 transmutes when that campaign ends.
    As a note, the gold transmute from coffers has a 20h cooldown. So, stock up on coffers, then open one once a day.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card game = infinite transmutes and is a perfect activity to do at work because you can alt-tab without dying.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm! You might be onto something here. If doing a solo/group arena gave more transmutes once a day, maybe fewer players would faketank random normal dungeons and leave everyone in the dust. But I feel like it'd have to be at least 20-30 transmute stones or so.

Agree, and they should double the reward for Vet dungeons, but still only allow you to do Normal or Vet. You can fake tank most vet dungeons, but not all. Which means you wouldn't really be able to do it.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

(Edited in a phrase)

And the end-of-campaign rewards. Set a 30-day campaign as your home, get 25k AP in any way on it, and you get a geode worth 50 transmutes when that campaign ends.
    As a note, the gold transmute from coffers has a 20h cooldown. So, stock up on coffers, then open one once a day.

The guarantee of a 4-25 crystal geode from Rewards for the Worthy coffers has a 20-hour cooldown. You can still get further geodes from additional RftW opened in the same day, but it isn't guaranteed again until the 20 hours are up.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    The guarantee of a 4-25 crystal geode from Rewards for the Worthy coffers has a 20-hour cooldown. You can still get further geodes from additional RftW opened in the same day, but it isn't guaranteed again until the 20 hours are up.

Yup, you are correct, I misremembered that part.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    Not really, I don't think vma was ever designed as a transmute farm, it already has its own unique rewards and there are much better and faster options for transmutes.

Pretty much this.
    '

Doubtul. We clear many dungeons must faster, requiring less time commitment. But the biggest question is how many of those fake tanks could actually clear vMA with ease. Before running with a guild I found the fake tanks in random groups were not that good with mechanics or DPS.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got to think about time/rewards and whether it benefits others.
    VMA takes about under an hour when you know what you are doing.
    A dungeon with a group 30 mins give or take.
    You can earn more doing card games though the drop rate is RNG.

If for eg you got 30 crystals for VMA, 5 crystals for a vet pledge, then why would anyone do a vet pledge when in the same time you are getting 5x the amount doling VMA.
    Most do random normal or non dlc HM and normal DLC. None take 30 minutes unless you pug and get an bad group.
    But agree that arenas are not set up as transmute farms.
    Here you have Cyrodil, random normals and pledges as its an synergy with keys.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because pledge, daily random, trial or RotW you get one per day/week. vMA can be repeated and you will get the transmutes on every clear. And transmutes are just a bonus, you are going there for the weapon.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, I guess you’re doing the arena for the weapons. I’m not sure why anymore though. They’ve been nerfed so badly. But yeah, a few more transmutes wouldn’t kill them.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would get 10 guaranteed per character per day would be a not a bad situation. Loved when succession was actually usable. Another set neefd for no reason what so ever. But that's only 100 Per day for 10hrs plus game play. Not very exorbitant situation
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <laughs while cashing in monthly transmutes from alliance war>

zglyvs90ouub.png
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transmute geodes are only profitable during the ALliance war... In other words you have to go through Cyrodiil and fight enough to get the Mail rewards saying, "you did great for our team"!!! in so many words. Transmute Geodes for any OTHER task is painful. Undaunted is sad even though I spend WAY more time in a Vet dungeon than taking a keep or outpost. And don't get me started on Arenas...whether Solo or group the Transmute Geodes are shite rewards.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post