Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion for "accept mismatched groups" TOGGLE in Dungeon Finder

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
So, my belief is that it should be possible to have a toggle, on a player-side basis, for Dungeon Finder to accept mismatched groups, so long as there was *no more than one* tank and *no more than one* healer.

So you could, depending on who you got paired up with, get 2DD 1T 1H, or 3DD 1H, or 3DD 1T, or 4DD.

And if you don't like that? If you want to be sure there's a tank in the group, un-tick that toggle, accept the longer wait, but be guaranteed 2DD 1T 1H.

And if you're prepared to take a chance on 4 DDs 0 Tank and discover that the group wipes too often because you hit a random dungeon for which a tank is actually needed, then tick that box.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 4:54AM
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A separate roleless or dps-only queue needs to be added for anyone who doesn't want/need the 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps setup.

This would speed up dps queue times and prob reduce the fake role issue.

There are dps who don't need a tank and healer and just want to speed run the daily random or speed farm gear.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THe reason I'm suggesting the above is just to avoid absurdities like ending up with an all-tank group, which could theoretically happen with a truly random situation. "No more than 1 tank" and "No more than 1 healer" should be enough.

Also means that all the people who currently run "fake" roles would run this instead.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who run fake roles will use the queue that gets them into a dungeon faster, whichever way that turns out to be.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you want to do this then an all DPS switch would make more sense. I would find it easier to plan for a group where I need to self-heal or expect that no one will pull the mobs and hold the boss than one where (like the worst of now) I have no idea what to expect from my fellow players.
    PS5/NA
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with this suggestion. It lets people play with other like minded players.