The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bitterroot Cave World Boss in Shadowfen is glitched out and undefeatable (PC NA)

Ludvik0894
Ludvik0894
Soul Shriven
Greetings,

I'm sorry if this has been posted anywhere else but I couldn't find anything about it. The World Boss Urrai in Shadowfen seems to have glitched out of his cave and no longer engages in combat. I've been there in the past couple of days and the situation seems to be the same all the time. Other players that enter the cave aren't able to attack the boss either. You can see the pictures below for more information. Basically, you can see his feet and tail stick out from the ceiling, but there is no way to reach him.

No addons were used when approaching the boss.

kr4vqvcddw5t.jpg

986ffi1dj49c.jpg

zhxsuzgpftwb.jpg

Many thanks :)

• Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same on PC EU
    PC EU
  • tejaska
    tejaska
    I can confirm that the boss is still bugged on PC EU.
  • zaaSpaceMonkey
    Also on Playstation EU.
  • Imetheryn
    Imetheryn
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to add an additional report of this issue. Same thing. His legs are poking out of the ceiling, but he can't be targeted.

Update: I was able to get kill him after a little work. Basically, I stood directly beneath him and marked my location on the map, then ran around to the outside and up top. I could not see him, but when I angled my camera just right, I was able to see his healthbar. I ran around the area where his bar was appearing, and suddenly I heard the tell-tale, guttural "hrmhisssss" of an aggroing daedroth. Lo and behold, when I ran back inside the cave, he'd fallen through the ceiling and was standing there, very much available for slaughter.

I hope this is repeatable. Good luck, and happy daedra-slaying!
    Edited by Imetheryn on July 20, 2022 1:51AM
    Be iconoclastic.
  • tejaska
    tejaska
    Imetheryn wrote: »

Thank you, @Imetheryn ! I was finally able to kill the WB using your approach. Although, I fear, this means that now that we have a workaround, the bug will never be fixed, sigh.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol like it was going to be fixed anyway... >.<
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    kly5e843am1h.png
    Yeah, no, this is fine.
  • Imetheryn
    Imetheryn
    ✭✭
    Update: (I'd edit my previous post
    tejaska wrote: »

Thank you, @Imetheryn ! I was finally able to kill the WB using your approach. Although, I fear, this means that now that we have a workaround, the bug will never be fixed, sigh.

I'm glad it was helpful!

I also wish such silliness wasn't required, but such is ESO.
    Be iconoclastic.
  • Herfules
    Herfules
    Soul Shriven

This is the way. :)

Worked great. Thanks!
  • Trickton
    Trickton
    Soul Shriven
    I have created a video going over this glitch showing how I was able to get this boss to spawn in and complete the achievement. I hope this helps you to complete this as well!

Click here for the Video:
    https://youtu.be/PFbjddBZ1yM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. I reported same bug thread in this category. 1 month later, it still isn't fixed.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • event121
    event121
    Soul Shriven
    This bug still exists. I encountered it today on PC NA. The workaround of running to the location where the boss is stuck in the ceiling outside of the cave, hearing the hiss, and then going back in does allow them to drop from the ceiling and be killed.
  • stonelisticub17_ESO
    This bug still exists. I encountered it today on PC NA. The workaround of running to the location where the boss is stuck in the ceiling outside of the cave, hearing the hiss, and then going back in does allow them to drop from the ceiling and be killed.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, I fought him just the other week and it spawned normally without any issue.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ivaylo.krumoveb17_ESO
    The boss is still bugged, his legs protruding from the ceiling :)
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, the joys of Agile software development.

The bug is reported. Then there is a meeting to assess the bug, it is then prioritized. Then another meeting to assign a team to it, then the product owner has to assess a priority within the team. If you're lucky it will end up in an assigned sprint. If not, it'll sit in a backlog for who-knows-how-long.

When it is finally picked up it has to be tested in several places and sent to QA. Once testing is complete it has to go to a change management meeting and once it gets through that it will finally go live.

In the old days, I'd hear about the bug, fix it, test it and put it into production inside a day. Not anymore.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it struck anyone besides me as odd that the first November 8 post was word for word, space for space, punctuation for punction identical to the December 2022 post? That kind of copypasta posting seems kind of sus to me.

I went to this boss today, first on PC EU, then on PC NA.

Both times, the boss was already spawned, and was correctly positioned on the floor of the cave, NOT stuck up in the ceiling as had once been the case.

Both times, I waited around after killing the boss so I could see it spawn-- you know, just in case it had previously spawned up in the ceiling but had fallen back to the floor when someone had wandered over its location up on top of the hill.

Both times, the boss spawned correctly, on the floor.

On PC NA, I went a step further and walked back up to the mouth of the cave to see if that had an impact on where it spawns-- that is, did it try to spawn at the same elevation as the nearest player in its vicinity.

It spawned correctly in that situation as well.

So I don't know why some people say they are still having trouble with it, but it's been spawning correctly for me. Maybe it's got something to do with different instances; maybe there's one or more instance where it spawns in the ceiling? Or maybe nearby players are doing something-- casting some skill or triggering some proc on their gear-- which is pulling the boss up into the ceiling when it's in the process of spawning? I don't know.

But if it's still problematic, then it seems to be inconsistently problematic, which probably makes it much harder for the devs to identify and correct any issues.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Xaat
    Xaat
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged