Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newbie to ToT - Have Questions

Indigo_Shade
Indigo_Shade
✭✭✭
Just started to play this weekend. Still learning the game. Am like level 2.5. Still on the pvp initial daily. Questions below.

1. - Clues: Found a great website that had lots of great info about ToT. Including clues locations out in the world. Have gone to 3 different spots, found nothing. Questions are:
  1. Do I have to be a specific ToT level to see them?
  2. If another player picks them up, is there a cooldown for them reappearing?

2. PVP Play: Questions below.
  • Seems like nobody is playing, as sometimes I have to wait hours to get a que connection. What is up with that?
  • Everyone I play is mega better, has decks I have never seen, and there is no way I can compete. Is this considered normal?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Card upgrade clues have the potential only to drop from reward coffers (like winning/losing a match or turning in a ToT daily). Without the clue card, the upgrade will not populate in those spots.

Queue does seem long at times. I assume due to low population of people playing.

Yes, you are likely being matched with people who have been playing longer than one weekend. It’s a grind to rank up. If you go to collectibles and look at each patron, it tells you how to unlock the other decks. Usually involves collecting deck fragments that drop from various places/things (like vents on High Isle, etc).
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just starting out like you are, I recommend playing the NPC dailies before frustrating yourself against real players. There is no timer per hand versus NPCs so it can help you learn the decks better.

Novice NPCs only use the four starter decks, Proficient rolls in a few new decks, and Expert uses any and all decks available.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had to wait hours. It does seem to matter what time of day you queue, you're more likely to find a PVP match during peak times.

Tribute has been out for a while, so there's less new players in the queue. As others have stated, I would recommend sharpening you skills against the NPCs before entering queue. You can still get clues from npc match coffers.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 30, 2022 11:32PM
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all!