Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question: Using mounts after wayshrine [bug or what?]

davidtk
davidtk
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi I have one little question...
When i use wayshrine, i will appear in new and i can immediately use mount but if I use mount in less than 6s after port character will unmount immediately without any animation, just mount dissappear. If I use mount after 6s this will not happen. Issue is on every mount what I have even the Sorel horse.
On the other side, wife can't use mounts after wayshrine tp for about 2s (you cannot mount in this time or what is written on screen) and don't have this issue with mount dissappearing.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 18, 2022 6:33PM
Really sorry for my english
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just move away from the wayshrine a bit, surely a few extra seconds won't hurt.

As for if it's a mechanic, no idea. I don't have a problem using a mount after a ws.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had that problem in three years. I used to that i can'T use mounts in the shrine or few second after port that it was blocked but before last patch i could just hop on the mount and go. But now even when i went far from shrine, when i use mount in less than 6s it will dismount. Never encountered that behavior.
    Ofc i don't have problem to wait before using mount just i was curious if it is feature or a bug XD
    Edited by davidtk on November 18, 2022 3:45PM
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news! Your character's riding skills are evolving.
    Once you start running upright on your mount, you will know you have transcended the average rider. ;)

Seriously tho, I haven't experienced your issue yet OP, but never say never lol.

Other thing in case you don't know, depending on which WS you are at, in some zones they will auto-dismount you.
    Any of the "Argonian-style" wayshrines will dismount you and you cannot even summon your mount until you step out away from the WS. They are the only kinds that do that TMK, but they are used all over Shadowfen, Murkmire and also some areas in Blackwood.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tenthirty2 Nice one! lol you make my day :)
    I know that about dismounting shrines. Especialy at BW or Murk.
    Many merchant test dismounting too. Thats annoying me at HI when i do crafts and want to go on mount to shrine XD
    But more funny thing is ... it looks that this issue is only ony main charracter. I just relogged to harvester and don't have problem so thats weird.
    Or its maybe only desynchronization client - server. It just doing some lol moments :)
    Edited by davidtk on November 18, 2022 3:59PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

This could be more bug report but okay.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Icy
    Why you moved it to the "Players Helping Players" when that bug returned? IT IS A BUG OR DESYNC.
    Edited by davidtk on November 19, 2022 10:17AM