The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please let Companions level faster

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »
    Bastien is the only one of the 4 I don't have at level 20 and max rapport. I do have him at max rapport but is still only level 16.5. That's another thing that it's kind of out of sync. It's especially annoying that the few things that increase his rapport like the mage's guild dailies don't also give him XP.

I mean, I think they should get some XP from quests to cater to players who prefer not to grind, but it's if they won;t do that they should at least get some from the rapport or companion story quests.

i had the opposite experience, i had them max level well before max rapport lol

many of the good sources of rapport have a daily cooldown, while you can farm xp for them basically as long as you want with no type of cooldown

"Farm XP" as in grinding would be the difference. The rapport daily cooldowns make the difference between leveling and maxing rapport even more pronounced since the rapport is artificially slowed down with the timers.

yeah, from my experience just running stuff normally without grinding, its not too bad to get the companion to about level 10-12, its really those last 5 levels (15-20) that feel excessive and almost require some level of grind, but i think they also intended the companion to be able to be used with multiple characters while questing, but even then those last few levels would still feel super slow

the thing i personally would like is if the companions had more choice for ultimates, i like isobel as a tank but i dont even slot her ultimate because of that god awful 4 sec cast time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Rapport Status for Ember is definitely bugged.

Got rapport from visiting Outlaws Refuge and collecting runestones, but rapport status has not moved at all from the default start position.

I’m in the same boat. I unlocked her when I came back in May and her rapport hasn’t moved past yellow
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unlocked her when I came back in May and her rapport hasn’t moved past yellow

Sometimes it is moving but it's such a small amount that it's hard to see it. I use an add-on called Improved Companion Rapport Information that gives a numeric value under the bar so you can see exactly how much rapport is being gained.
    PCNA
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only thing ZOS will not do, is nerf the grind :D
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I maxed rapport on Mir and Bas way before I maxed their levels. I get that when companions were first a thing, people power levelled then really quickly, so Zos adjusted things, but I think they overcompensated and need to find a happy medium.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    I have my Companions with me all the time so they get every bit of experience they can, even if I don't need their help at the time.

Yet my Ember is just level 16 and my Isobel is level 14. I haven't even started leveling their rapport yet.

Please allow our Companions to gain experience from our quests, too. I don't mind putting some effort into leveling them but this is like crawling at a snail's pace.

Yes indeed, though:

[Ember 250 rapport per day from High Isle delve daily + Mage Guild Daily (public dungeon so good xp)]
    [Isobel 250 from High Isle world boss daily + Bolgrul daily]

are quick way to gain and progress their personal quests unfortunately the xp gain from personal quests is almost zero as there is next to no combat, however I found doing all of those was quick enough to include in my daily routine without loss.

My bugbear is the requirement to fence a purple Item for the achievements as I don't recall ever getting one from stealing/pickpocketing in several years of playing...

I created one - steal any weapon, and upgrade it to purple, and turn it in

Auldwulfe
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem with the slow leveling is that I always seem to have the companion I want to level out, rather than the companion I want to adventure with. I like bastion (I know that is not a popular sentiment), but since I got him to level 20, I never use him because I want to level 3 other companions.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately purple motifs do not count.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been letting them level as they level, but I would agree that I would like to speed things up.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, tangent aside I hope they consider adding some companion exp scrolls to the event merchant at some point. I think this could be a good way to allow us to level them faster.

Another option now that we have 4 could be to let us "send them for training" where we can't use them for x hours but when they come back, they gain a level. Perhaps an hour for each level. So going from level 1 to 2 would be 1 hour, up to 20 hours for level 20.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post