The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread, "Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration Event Info"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
bbl7zxvj02xx.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Return to the Old Kingdom & Earn Special Rewards During the Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration"

"Get bonus rewards as you explore and quest in Eastern Skyrim and the Reach during the Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration Event!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 29, 2022 3:07PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for giving us a week's notice when events are going to happen, Kevin! Also, this time, for including info that tickets would be available with the weekly Kyne's Aegis quest - they always seem to drop from the trial associated with a zone, but it's rarely included with the information.

One tiny thing, though - the in-game help file says that boxes will drop from Sunspire. Obviously that's just a little copy/paste error that should say Kyne's Aegis, but maybe you'd like to fix that, or let whoever does those know about it?

Thank you again!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @Kelinmiriel, thanks so much for the feedback. I let dev know and they want to thank you for noting this error and will change it for future events. That is indeed a typo. Unfortunately, the text won't be changed for the event. But we do want to make the clarifying note here that the boxes will not drop from Sunspire but will drop in Kyne's Aegis.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey @Kelinmiriel, thanks so much for the feedback. I let dev know and they want to thank you for noting this error and will change it for future events. That is indeed a typo. Unfortunately, the text won't be changed for the event. But we do want to make the clarifying note here that the boxes will not drop from Sunspire but will drop in Kyne's Aegis.

speaking of events, i wonder if the team has ever considered doing item set design competitions, i think it'd be an awesome way to engage with the community, and the winner's set would be added to the game in a future patch.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently regular event reward boxes can drop from "Clickables" again. Can Zos please define this a bit more clearly?

"....
    Opening Safeboxes
    Opening Clickables
    Looting Psijic Portals
    ..."

I think when this was mentioned for the previous double drops event, ZoS just edited the announcement article to remove the mention of "clickables". I'm assuming that it got into the draft version of the text via the same process as before.
  • DaleyPia
    DaleyPia
    ✭✭
    Okay.. uhh unless I misread, this event, and specifically the event tickets needed for the Hourglass Fragment, are locked behind a DLC some don't have access to?

So it's basically a "Screw YOU for being poor" situation?

That's umm disturbing.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaleyPia wrote: »
    Okay.. uhh unless I misread, this event, and specifically the event tickets needed for the Hourglass Fragment, are locked behind a DLC some don't have access to?

That's umm disturbing.

You could have saved tickets from the Witches event for the hourglass fragment. The fragment will also return with New Life, which is likewise base game.

Ticket events being locked behind DLC is years old at this point. Regardless of whether we like it, don’t like it, or don’t care, it seems the m.o. now.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know, if motifs from respective dungeon (ie Castle Thorn) or stone husk fragments from Labyrinthian or furnishing patterns from event zones content (ie Harrowstorms) are included as double loot during the Dark Heart of Skyrim event or will they still only drop one at a time?

I've read the info at https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63149 but it only mentions there being a chance for motifs to drop in boxes that you can get from doing certain content not if there is double loot for motifs, fragments, patterns etc that normally only drop one at a time.

Thanks
    Damian.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Just tagging you so hopefully you'll answer daemon's question in the previous post. He asked on the general board on the weekend and I said he'd be more likely to get a response here. I'd like to know too.
    Apparently regular event reward boxes can drop from "Clickables" again. Can Zos please define this a bit more clearly?

"....
    Opening Safeboxes
    Opening Clickables
    Looting Psijic Portals
    ..."

I think when this was mentioned for the previous double drops event, ZoS just edited the announcement article to remove the mention of "clickables". I'm assuming that it got into the draft version of the text via the same process as before.

Again with the clickables? That's the second time in the last three events they've left the world clickables in. They said after the last time it was a mistake.
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    Pure Snow Indrik Berries
    Crimson Indrik Berries
    Frost-Light Indrik Pet
    Rosethorn Indrik Pet
    That is correct and no rotation on the indriks?
    the event tickets needed for the Hourglass Fragment, are locked behind a DLC some don't have access to?
    Both DLCs are two years old; usually, but not always, the featured DLCs on their anniversary days are discounted. This year they seem not to be but 3k crowns ain't too much if you farm mats and buy them with gold. ESO+ also gives you access to it.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Will the drop rates for the Saarthal pages be similar to those seen in High Isle and Halloween events? Or will they be more generous, like our previous event feedback requested?
    Edited by Destai on November 15, 2022 5:43PM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ek1 wrote: »
    Pure Snow Indrik Berries
    Crimson Indrik Berries
    Frost-Light Indrik Pet
    Rosethorn Indrik Pet
    That is correct and no rotation on the indriks?

The Indriks appear to rotate based on the quarters they originally appeared in, so Q1 2023 will have:
    • Dawnwood Indrik Berries
    • Spectral Indrik Berries
    • Shimmering Indirk Pet
    • Haunting Indrik Pet
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was something about a Harrowstorm in one region counting for another region's daily quest. Is that true? If so, is it still true? Does a Harrowstorm possibly count for two quests at once?
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭

That's umm disturbing.

While I agree with you about the problem when it's the LAST fragment available, especially when we've had no warning that the last fragment would be locked behind paywall, that's not the case here, so it's not a problem.

Even if you don't get the second fragment for the Sacred Hourglass of Alkosh from this Dark Heart of Skyrim event, the final event for this item is New Life in December, which is base game, and everyone should have plenty of time to get enough tickets for the second and third fragments then.

That said - if you don't have access to DLCs and the current chapter, I would strongly advise always ending every event with 10-12 tickets, in case there's something you want to pick up from the next one and can't get tickets from it.

For example - end the New Life event with 10-12 tickets, as one of the events early next year will involve North and South Elsweyr (no guarantee it'll be the first; it could be the second) - so that will set you up to get the first fragment of next year's pet or the first morph. (The other of the first two events is Mayhem, which is accessible to everyone.)

I try to help non-DLC people with warnings on my Event Tracker addon, but that can only help people who use it, and of course, can't do anything for console people. Hope some of that helped.
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Sorry, your friendly neighborhood proofreader here again to pester you. ;)

The announcement says the event "runs until Wednesday, November 29", but November 29 is a Tuesday. So when does it end? November 29th? Or Wednesday, which would be the 30th?

(I'm getting Event Tracker updated, and I'm picky about getting these things right.)

Edited: I see that the article says there will be 26 total tickets available, so I'm going to go with "Tuesday, November 29". Also noticed that "Wednesday, November 29" is repeated again at the end of the article, so perhaps it could be fixed in both places if that's wrong? Because otherwise, a lot of people are probably going to be under the impression that the event runs a day longer than it actually will. (Nobody pays close attention. Clearly. Ha!)

Thank you!
    Edited by Kelinmiriel on November 16, 2022 3:35PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. That post was written in haste but we can absolutely include UTC in future messaging (and will even edit the existing one for clarity).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617006/time-zones-in-announcements/p2

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, have some answers for you on some of the questions asked.

The timing error should be fixed in the article. It should read Tuesday, Nov. 29. If it still shows up differently, please let me know and we'll get that fixed.

There is no rotation of Indriks. They should be the same of the rest of the quarter.

Pages drop rates will be inline with the last few events. No changes have been made there.

We'll get the "clickable" term edited. Not sure why that keeps showing up.
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, have some answers for you on some of the questions asked.

The timing error should be fixed in the article. It should read Tuesday, Nov. 29. If it still shows up differently, please let me know and we'll get that fixed.

There is no rotation of Indriks. They should be the same of the rest of the quarter.

Pages drop rates will be inline with the last few events. No changes have been made there.

We'll get the "clickable" term edited. Not sure why that keeps showing up.

Thanks Kevin, appreciate the update!
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in the span of one article, someone managed to
    1. mess up days of week (as usual)
    2. forget to edit out internal term (as usual)
    3. throw out the window the promise of UTC time (also typical of ZOS) (I'm blind and stupid ok)

I find it disappointing that even such basic things as event announcements are done carelessly.
    Edited by FluffyBird on November 18, 2022 10:25AM
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    So, in the span of one article, someone managed to
    1. mess up days of week (as usual)
    2. forget to edit out internal term (as usual)
    3. throw out the window the promise of UTC time (also typical of ZOS) (I'm blind and stupid ok)

I find it disappointing that even such basic things as event announcements are done carelessly.

And in one tiny post, you managed to make an error, thus reinforcing that human beings do indeed make mistakes. But you admitted it, and fixed it - and Kevin did the same, which is the best anyone can do.

Personally, I'm happy to see announcements go up a week in advance now (most of the time), even if there's an occasional mistake in all that text. There were mistakes before, too - and less time to fix them, plus we all had less notice to plan for events.

So thanks again to @ZOS_Kevin. I really appreciate the earlier and more reliable announcements we've been getting since you've been handling them, and look forward to seeing the next one for New Life.