The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NPCs not acknowledging the Vestige's race

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yes, I know it's been mentioned before, but it just bugs me that NPCs in quests don't acknowledge the Vestige's race. Just now, for example, in the Wyrd Tree related quests in Glenumbra, the Wyrd sisters kept calling me "stone dweller", but I'm a bosmer. Clearly, if anyone understands the importance of Wyrd trees, it would be the bosmer!

It seems that the only race-specific game features are the passives and overall appearance, but does it actually have any effect on any of the quests, even if just in the dialogue and not the actions ?
Edited by vsrs_au on November 7, 2022 1:32AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TheGent
    TheGent
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Yes, I know it's been mentioned before, but it just bugs me that NPCs in quests don't acknowledge the Vestige's race. Just now, for example, in the Wyrd Tree related quests in Glenumbra, the Wyrd sisters kept calling me "stone dweller", but I'm a bosmer. Clearly, if anyone understands the importance of Wyrd trees, it would be the bosmer!

It seems that the only race-specific game features are the passives and overall appearance, but does it actually have any effect on any of the quests, even if just in the dialogue and not the actions ?

nothing really has an effect on anything in this game. its more of a giant lore book
    ESO: @The.Gent
    I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its kind of hit or miss on what quests do or dont actively acknowledge the characters race, especially for older content

there are some quests which do have altered dialogs depending on the race of your character and can sometimes be easy to miss because its only like 1-2 words in the whole thing which were changed

overall outcome and rewards though has never depended on the characters race
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014