The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Standardized daily reset, please!

• SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just reset all in the same time is logical.

It is not normal for players to remember tons of different activities reset timers.
  • Hagrett
    Hagrett
    ✭✭✭
    This might be daft, and I have no experience with this kind of thing, but it seems logical to me that everything resetting at one time (per region) would remove server strain due to not having to record timestamps for a bunch of individual characters for things.

Would this be true?

I know for sure I'd enjoy it if everything reset at say. 6am or so and I knew that I'd never have to miss a daily random dungeon purple box for example if I could only get in game in the evening one day and only manage to get some time to play in the morning on the next day.
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    Toanis wrote: »
    There is also the Enlightenment you get every 24 hours starting from the first time you ever reached level 50 on the server.

Yeah. it's a mess, just make all daily stuff reset at a fixed time once a day.

I never knew that. I wondered why it pops up at 10:24 AM local time. Seemed awfully strange.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The least they could do is actually have a window that shows all the timers.
  • Akylles
    Akylles
    ✭✭✭
    I have wanted them to sync up all the resets for a long time. A number of things are just such a pain in the *** because of the disparate timers. As people have mentioned, I can't log in at the exact same time every day; it will shift from day to day for when I am able to log in. This can leave many days where I'm screwed for reset timers because of the time of day that I logged into the game the day before.

This has always seemed super unnecessary to me, but I'm sure there's factors that play into it. Yet, after all this time with the game up and running, I'm sure those crafty ba$tard$ at ZOS can figure out a way ;)
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    praxis wrote: »
    Trial coffers drop exactly 7 days after you last received that trial’s coffer on each character. Got a weekly trial group working on progression? Better hope you don’t beat your time from the week before because clearing a minute earlier means no coffer.

This happened to me and wife. We going every Sunday some vet trial. Once I missed coffer for about seconds! She delivered quest and got reward, I delivered and nothing XD
    Really sorry for my english
  • Tromso
    Tromso
    ✭✭
    Before the last patch the daily rewards were the same for EU and NA. Now the NA is 4 hours behind. Can we get this aligned again please?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect the reason they changed it was to spare the login servers a massive surge of players logging in around daily rewards time, maybe an hour or so on either side then dropping to nil. By offsetting eu/na the load is spread and that loading of players login time spikes can maybe be inferred from the time difference imposed.

I'd prefer to have everything synchronised, too, but every time I see a bizarre change like this that makes no sense as it's obviously inconvenient to players I remind myself about all the other times things were changed or removed in the name - either expressly or tacitly - of performance.
  • Tromso
    Tromso
    ✭✭
    I see your point regarding the massive logins, but the NA and EU are on different mega servers?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the login servers are the same.