Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, my light attack just stopped working...

dolphezious
I was farming exp in Craglorn at the monoliths, when all of a sudden I wasnt able to use my light attack anymore. Still can not.

-Checked if my mouse is damaged, it isnt, all other charactares I have my light attack left mouse button works fine.
-Changed to keyboard button, still doesnt work.
-tried everything, removed my trainig equipment, changed skills, rested controls to default, shut down computer - nothing.

The funny thing is, when i hit the light attack, my toon grabs the staff form his back, but after another click doesnt want to fire. No light attack, no heavy attack.

Anybody familiar with this thing and how to fix this?

Thanks for answer.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 2, 2022 11:30PM
  • dolphezious
    Should also mention im on PC EU.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this before, and also typically prevents you from blocking (again, if you right or left click, your character plays the animation of grabbing their weapon, but does nothing). It's not the sprint bug, it's a variation. Usually, unequipping the weapon fixes it. Or try opening the crown store. But if you logged out and restarted your PC, I don't know. It should be fine. Can't help you there. :<

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you change all of your skills? (You said changed but not whether you changed them all out or only some.)

It seems that in addition to the possibility of getting stuck in the Mend Wounds or Overload toggles, which changing all your skills out should fix, Overload in particular can bug out quite badly. That happened to a guildmate of mine today, where Overload did not turn off properly after running out of ult. In the same guild chat today someone else claimed that a sorc with Overload could cause nearby players’ light and heavy attacks to bug too. They said it had been bugged this way since the latest major update (U35).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @dolphezious

Does your light attack work on a second character?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds silly but I would try roll dodging. I know on console if your skills or attacks stop working randomly a roll dodge generally fixes it
    Soupy twist
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me yesterday my mouse click stopped working. I thought it was the usual thing I get where my mouse number keys stop responding so I unplugged and replugged the mouse (this usually fixes that), but it didn't go away until I I did reloadui.