Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I understand grinding but geez

• Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    I cut my teeth on MMOs in Everquest where just getting out of a starter town could be a grind. However, some of these drop rates on leads are just crazy. Now yes I know for some people they get them right away, and I have one some. I'm trying to farm the lead in Bal Foyen for the Harpooner pants nd I've killed over 4000 enemies and not gotten the lead. That just makes the game not enjoyable.

Harpooners is nice, but if you think you need it to effectively contribute to difficult content, you don't.
  • DreadGrrl
    DreadGrrl
    Soul Shriven
    HushAzrael wrote: »
    The drop rate for mythics that are basically REQUIRED at end game is insane. The kilt actually led to me quitting the game for several months. This stupid Moras whispers lead is about to do the same thing. Idk why ZOS doesn’t get it through their heads that excessive grind is not fun!!

Mora's was the worst mythic that I've intentionally farmed by far. The watchlings alone took me seven hours.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every few weeks I go kill griffons for an hour or so in Summerset trying to get a third feather lead so the codex is complete and I can buy more... the first two were easy during the Summerset event but I haven't had any luck since.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doc45 wrote: »
    I cut my teeth on MMOs in Everquest where just getting out of a starter town could be a grind. However, some of these drop rates on leads are just crazy. Now yes I know for some people they get them right away, and I have one some. I'm trying to farm the lead in Bal Foyen for the Harpooner pants nd I've killed over 4000 enemies and not gotten the lead. That just makes the game not enjoyable.

Harpooners is nice, but if you think you need it to effectively contribute to difficult content, you don't.

Well sure. You don't need any "min/max" build for the hardest content, but people are elitist jerks when it comes to content. Just don't stand in stupid and you can complete basically anything.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    The Dwarven Ebon Wolf mount lead from Darkshade Caverns 2 took me 6 months+ of doing the dungeon on & off, even the people who were originally helping me got sick of that dungeon, and towars the end I was just soloing it, and cussin under my breath every time it did not drop. But once it did drop, it was like hallelujiah!, I'm never, ever, for whatever reason doing that dungeon again on any of my toons.

Agreed. For me on both platforms I play (XBox and PC), I got it fairly quickly. But my wife, on her primary platform (XBox) we went through that stupid dungeon over and over again for that lead. FOR WEEKS. Not to mention how many times we went through Darkshade 1 for the same reason. And trying to get the Wild Hunt lead from Elden Hollow 1, I soloed it for weeks as well. Because it's RNG I understand it will always be YMMV, but setting some kind of threshold would be nice. Of course, that threshold would probably be far beyond what would help the unlucky ones...