The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If...you’re over CP1K decent DPS player, and meet totally fake 3 players in random normal dungeon.

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Just recently had the opposite experience.

I was leveling a newbie (I think he was about level 18 or so) tanking, and landed in Arx (hmmm....maybe I was higher than 18) and the other three were like CP mid to high hundreds. They could have done the whole thing without me, but it was quite nice.

That was usual and natural. Most of people are good guy.
    But...sometimes you'll meet too much problem people in random grouping.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have definitely had some good experiences. My first time in vscp was was my absolute favorite. I thought I was ready, knew the mechs (like I studied em) and had tried my best to practice on normal so I qued. On a side note this highlights this issue with normal not remotely preparing you for vet. I Was around 600cp at the time, Got a bunch of folks in the mid 1000's obviously experienced with what I now recognize to be trifecta titles. They were really cool about it, rezed me instead of leaving me on the floor in boss fights so I could practice, tried to help me through mechs, joked and were good natured about it. When we cleared they congratulated me, gave me all their monster helm drop and threw flower petals on me. I relate this story a lot on the forums if just to remind folks that their are a lot of cool people in the community that actually like to see people progress and that late game players aren't all toxic. I do my best to be like this now for newer players.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 30, 2022 5:37PM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to put the player into a check-room when one queues up.
    If you pass the heal test as a healer the room will let you out and you will end up in the healers queue.

And same goes for other roles.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's something to be said for a little patience and guidance. When I first started exploring group PvE content, I was completely clueless after having done nothing but PvP for so long. I didn't understand the mechanics. I didn't understand the real role of a PvE healer in this specific game and didn't realize how many buffs/debuffs I should have been keeping up. My only idea of dmg mitigation was to run around and roll dodge nonstop like a lunatic. I often queued as a healer in heavy armor with a sword'n'board/resto combo, in gear that only gave PvP buffs. I didn't know how much I didn't know at the time.

I met some super patient and kind people eventually who took the time to explain how to survive in that world and how to gear myself and run a rotation. Some were just people in a randomly queued instance who took 5 extra minutes to explain a mechanic to me, and had the patience to stick out out through 3-4 wipes. Now I'm able to clear the hardest 12 person content in the game with relative ease and I'm very comfortable with the roles I play on. I'm grateful for those players and try to extend the same patience and mindfulness when I random queue (not always successfully. Sometimes my inner jerk comes out), and I hope the people I encounter take that experience and use it to shape their mindset and behavior toward other players.

No one starts out awesome in this game. Give them a chance.
    Edited by p00tx on October 31, 2022 8:54PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    ZOS needs to put the player into a check-room when one queues up.
    If you pass the heal test as a healer the room will let you out and you will end up in the healers queue.

And same goes for other roles.

Totally agree. I've kept saying like that, but never realized. :(
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd do my best and see what happens. I'm in no hurry. I figure they want to do the dungeon, that's why we are in it, so we might as well give it a go.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--