The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are campers just as detrimental as bots?

• nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A camper gets tired, and goes offline. Campers make mistakes and aren't as efficient as bots.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• thomas.manzellaub17_ESO
    The bannable offense is not what they're doing, it's why.

I farm for my armor, my guild mates, and my crafting levels(sometimes gold when i need the occasional re-spec).

Bots farm for gold, to sell for real money, to break the game, devalue the currency, and destroy immersion.

• ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I vote no, because a person actually there makes a huge difference. First, they're actually earning it. Second, they're people.

I've asked people if they could please back off so I could get some hits and finish a dungeon. Guess what? More often than not, it's worked! Not always, but unfortunately, that's an issue with general consideration that some people will always struggle with.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see any campers or bots in coldharbour :)
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ideally, they would make everything be a solo/group instance for me. I actually went through a public dungeon the other day ALL BY MYSELF. Probably for the first time, I never had to compete for a kill and actually go to the end and solo'd the 'boss' alone without it being sliced to ribbons in 1.4 seconds by farmers and bots.

It was a BLAST. The game would be SO much better if more things were instanced to eliminate all the other players ruining the experience. Leave Public places to towns and wilderness. All 'locations' should be instanced. If you want other people with you on those places then they should form a group before entering.
  • K_M_K_ESO
    K_M_K_ESO
    Falmer said, "Ideally, they would make everything be a solo/group instance for me. I actually went through a public dungeon the other day ALL BY MYSELF."

You really need to play a single player game if you believe that, "The game would be SO much better if more things were instanced to eliminate all the other players ruining the experience." Sorry if the rest of the people playing this MMO are getting in your way!
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    Camping is a staple of most every MMO ever made...

I find myself camping out of curiosity more than anything else, not gold. The blue drops, curiosity appeased... I move on. if its an item I need, yay. if its a weapon I will duel wield, I may stick around for a second drop, then move on.

if you think that is bannable... you are part of the problem, not the solution.
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ummaguma wrote: »
    Camping is a staple of most every MMO ever made...

I find myself camping out of curiosity more than anything else, not gold. The blue drops, curiosity appeased... I move on. if its an item I need, yay. if its a weapon I will duel wield, I may stick around for a second drop, then move on.

if you think that is bannable... you are part of the problem, not the solution.
    Killing the same Boss a couple of times, hardly deserves being dubbed "camping". That's not camping. Killing the same boss for a couple of hours is camping. Just my opinion.

As far as being a "staple", I throw that out with last weeks leftovers. This game isn't meant to be like other MMOs. At least that's what they tell us, anyway.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Bragauk
    Bragauk
    ✭✭
    As far as being a "staple", I throw that out with last weeks leftovers. This game isn't meant to be like other MMOs. At least that's what they tell us, anyway.
    [/quote]

I read just about every post in this thread. It was this one that just stood out. There have been quite a few logical arguments made on why people feel a person "camping" is different then a bot. Your quote pretty much sums up why some debates just will never happen. When someone tosses out ideas backed by reasonable arguments the best thing both sides can do is walk way. Agree to disagree.

I will toss my hat in anyways though.....

After playing just about every AAA MMO on the market for the last 14 years I can honestly say I have never not seen "camping" per your definition of it. People will always camp or farm a mob or group of mobs for whatever reason. The big difference is people are real and often spoken to if you need to kill something for a quest or what not they will help or stop to allow you to do that. Bots on the other hand cannot and that is why a Bot should be banned. Sure I have seen people not help me out by letting me get the mob I need but most times I just play the DPS race game and get what I need or go do something else for a while.

I understand all the TES fans and people that want immersion but you will not get immersion in a game that has public dungeons. Public dungeons are just that public. It is like going to a movie theater and complaining that there are others watching a movie with you. Can some of them ruin your experience? Yes and does that always happen, no. That is the chance you take when doing anything in public.

I want the bots gone. I also am not a big fan of the loot timer they added in the last patch. I usually like to kill a boss if I know a certain item drops I might need over and over to get that item. The new patch might just stop me from doing so and I am not thrilled about that. I normally solo 99% of the time but seeing other people in the game does not effect me.

Do I sometimes wish I had a game all to myself? Sure but I am playing an MMO and no matter who made it the genre is all about having multiple people playing it and that means seeing people doing things that you might not find "fun" that they do.

All of this is just my opinion and I expect to be rejected by the OP. It was really for my benefit to write all this down so it is out there.

• ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously campers are just as bad as bots.

Clearly the only solution is to remove loot from the game, since that is obviously the core issue here and will fix all problems with the game instantly.

/s
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 2, 2014 6:34PM
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    It all just looks absolutely silly botting, camping, exp farming. Also, it looks unprofessional on ESO's part to let it happen as this is the face of the MMO and could potentially be what they are known for.

Do it if it makes you feel better, but you look no better than a group of single guys in a bar packed full of other dudes just waiting to "camp" on the first girl that walks in the door. Just looks plain silly.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bragauk wrote: »
    When someone tosses out ideas backed by reasonable arguments the best thing both sides can do is walk way. Agree to disagree.
    I'm sorry if that was taken wrong. I'm not throwing out an "idea" as it were. Simply disagreeing with the statement that camping is defined in being a "staple" of MMO gameplay.

Everyone's opinion is just as viable as the next. Still, by that same token, others are free to disagree and hopefully without cause to be uncivil and prompt unrest among the contributors.

Then again... I guess disagreeing can be used as not giving any more thought to a given statement due to one already having made up their mind. Thus, essentially being "thrown out", so to speak.

While I cannot speak for others. I am not trying to convince anyone by force, just give my thoughts and let be taken as nothing more.

Edited by SeñorCinco on May 2, 2014 6:53PM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Bragauk
    Bragauk
    ✭✭
    Arguments like this go this way.

Person A believes in X
    Person B believes in Y

Person A gives reasons why X is right.
    Person B gives reasons why Y is right.

Person A and Person B disagree with the each others reasons why.

They have to agree to disagree to end said argument or just keep going forever.

Our issue is we have a person C (developer). Person C has to hear both arguments and in order to move their product. Person C must design said product in such a way to keep both A and B happy.

I would hate to be person C because both A and B want to be right and are never happy.

In short...welcome to the world of the ever changing MMO game.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »
    I would not report to this extent. But I also see no purpose in standing around the boss farming it. Kill it, get the drop, move on to something else.

And that's the gripe by most people at this point. They want the drop, but don't get one, and now have a lock out timer til they are eligible to get a drop again.

In a few months when a majority of people have moved on to vet content, we probably won't see these issues in public dungeons any longer. I am hopeful that the node farmer bot trains in beginner zones and bot trains for mobs in all the other zones will be addressed soon as well.

My experience on PTS was so different than the actual live game. Things seemed more epic since 9 times outta 10 I was the only person in the dungeon. Some quests were a challenge in Coldharbour and vet content. It was a real shock to the system when the game went live and to be surrounded by people in every corner of the game. Again, in a few months it probably won't be as bad when people are spread out more.