Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

have expansion greymoor, which dlc should I get for fun content / earn gold?

mikejezz
mikejezz
✭✭✭✭
Since I'm not gonna sub to eso plus I was wondering which dlc you guys would suggest which has fun activities and where you can earn some decent gold doing fun stuff (pc)

I have 7800 crowns.

I can also see you are able to get the expansions for crowns at some point. When is that possible? When a newer expansion arrives?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 21, 2022 10:29AM
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont know how to edit my post, but is there any dlc that is needed for doing dungeons faster (queue times sucks atm)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chapter is just the name for the big dlc of current year. They become dlc the following year. So this year the chapter is High Isle, next year when the newest chapter drops, High Isle will become dlc.

I recommend Markarth because it concludes the story of Greymoor. Also Summerset for jewelry crafting.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 21, 2022 9:29AM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset is very fun. Elswyr has great quests and the dragon slaying daily quest is also a good way to earn gold and loot.

If you want companions, get Blackwood or High Isle although views on their usefulness are divided. If you like role play and like the idea of a talking pet, yes. If you prefer to solo or play in groups or guilds, perhaps not so useful. This one enjoys having companions around as they’re quite good in combat (with the right gears and skills slotted).
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summerset is very fun. Elswyr has great quests and the dragon slaying daily quest is also a good way to earn gold and loot.

If you want companions, get Blackwood or High Isle although views on their usefulness are divided. If you like role play and like the idea of a talking pet, yes. If you prefer to solo or play in groups or guilds, perhaps not so useful. This one enjoys having companions around as they’re quite good in combat (with the right gears and skills slotted).

I actually have Elswyr.

So Blackwood gives a combat pet or?
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The next chapter will have some back alley gourmand set which i imagine will be good for no cp gameplay and will work its way in to some beginner/hybrid trial builds.

Truth is you need to diversify how you make money and determine what your desired gold/hour is, and also realize that you only have 30 trader slots and only so many guilds you can join to list items. There are many guides out there but just realize the most exploitable income sources either get nerfed quickly or they get overfarmed. The best money making strategies are spread from person to person rather than posted anywhere.

My advice: Join a trading guild and ask for advice, you'll get dozens of opinions and they'll tailor the response to suit you.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »

I actually have Elswyr.

So Blackwood gives a combat pet or?

Yes, they’re humans/humanoids and can help you fight, like the ones in Skyrim, but won’t carry your stuff. They also have personal quests and you can win approval or disapproval (think Dragon Age Inquisition Lite) https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Companions

there are four of them, two each in Blackwood and High Isle.

This guide about finding them, how to outfit them for best skills etc, is not bad https://alcasthq.com/eso-companions-system-guide/

The only thing is, finding the decent purple gear for them can be a grind and you can’t craft gears for them. However, if you plan to solo dungeons etc or farm dolmens they are good for that.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on October 21, 2022 10:03AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun activities: Either Markarth or Wrothgar for the two solo arenas. Very fun, and will push you to excel at the game.

Decent gold: Unsure. Best bet is either Antiquities (which you already have) or Elsweyr for furnishing patterns.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have all previous expansions, but I can see that high isle gives you all previous expansions when you buy it.

I guess the same doesnt apply if you buy it for crowns next year? Not that it matters since I have them, just curious.

I am a huge noob. Is there a good site somewhere where I can see what the differenct expansions and dlc activites there are?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    I have all previous expansions, but I can see that high isle gives you all previous expansions when you buy it.

I guess the same doesnt apply if you buy it for crowns next year? Not that it matters since I have them, just curious.

I am a huge noob. Is there a good site somewhere where I can see what the differenct expansions and dlc activites there are?

The upgrade in the crown store only gives you access to that expansion. "The Collection" versions also give you access to previous chapters. If you already have all previous expansions, you're better of buying the upgrade. The upgrade version is sold on the website/console shop for current chapters, and in the crown store for previous ones. If you're missing expansions (not small dlc) then the collection is the best bet.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:DLC

Here's a list of dlc, also UESP is generally a good resource for ESO stuff.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 21, 2022 3:33PM