The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BG group queue times are unreasonable at best.

thesarahandcompany
thesarahandcompany
✭✭✭✭
I only have the one friend in ESO but we try to queue BG and it takes so long. Why is queue split?

[img][/img]okay1h.png
Sarahandcompany
She/Her/Hers
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly.... just be happy that group queue for BG's is even a thing again hahahahaaaa back when they first started only allowing solo queue a few years ago, my friends list died out. We were all the type of players that enjoyed smaller scale PVP and we suddenly couldn't do the thing we enjoyed most together. First deleting the group queue and then deciding to just separate the queue's was their way of appeasing people who complained about getting steamrolled by stacked groups.... so while the queue times are problematic, at least we are given the option to play them with friends again :') this is not me reaching for just a little bit of positivity and happiness.... no, not at all hahahahaaaa
    And I don't know if you can fully blame the separation of the queue's for the long queue times.... BG's were never the most popular aspect of ESO and with the current state of the game, I doubt a lot of people are playing them. I know I'm not haha
    Edited by fizzylu on September 19, 2022 9:13PM
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can absolutely blame the queues being separate for this. There were never rampant premade problems (the reason why they wanted to make a solo queue in the first place).

Anytime I queue for a solo BG, I wait 10-15 MAX, average about 5 minutes. We eventually had to STOP playing the game and go do things IRL because it was taking too long. We waited TWO hours for NOTHING.

It's wrong and unacceptable. 30 minutes is *somewhat* bearable, but TWO hours? Absolutely not. Pull the queues back into one giant group+solo queue so we don't have to be punished with two hour timers for wanting to play with a friend.

[img][/img]1h56.png post a pic
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players also quit because zos took away DM queue and pvpers don't want to just chase obj players around the map while they run away and try to avoid fights
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea you can try (that doesn't involve blaming solo or obj players,) is to find two more friends. I'm sure the group que is longer than the solo que... But longer still is being a duo waiting to get paired with another duo.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separated queue is PARTIALLY to blame, is what I was saying.... but even prior to U35, I had 30-40 min queue's for BG's (solo and group) often. So now that there are even fewer people in the queue; it's now an even longer, less bearable wait usually....
    Urvoth wrote: »
    A lot of players also quit because zos took away DM queue and pvpers don't want to just chase obj players around the map while they run away and try to avoid fights
    DM queue was probably the one time since they separated the queue's that I didn't have to wait a minimum of ten minutes. So again, yeah, not as many people are playing BG's right now. And I do agree that they should just put BG's as one queue again.... problem is, even if we didn't think there was a "rampant premade problem", Zenimax did.... but maybe now with clearly less players in queue, they will be forced to revert the change haha
    Edited by fizzylu on September 20, 2022 9:37PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry about combining the queus. I remember queuing solo against premades and it wasn't fun. That being said they could just institute an actually useful MMR system so eventually the premades were lifted out of my bracket and then I wouldn't have a problem at all.

Thing is, so many people feel so strongly about all the variances that've been tried, I almost think there's no point tinkering with it anymore. No offense to you and your plight, but how is it useful to just take turns being unhappy?

The way things are now most bgs are obj. Do elite premade teams that just want to DM incessantly need to be thrust into casual capture the relic games? A rude assumption on my part, but borne of the feeling I'm always left with after threads like this exist for long enough.

And of course they could/should separate the DM and obj queues. But that'll make your queu longer still.

Honestly the only thing they can do at this point is try to attract more people. Which won't help you immediately but will then make possible an actually helpful and needed change. So... Fix the medal system, fix the MMR system, buff the rewards... I dunno, make some daily endeavors be BG specific.

I can't imagine waiting 40 minutes. I can tell you right now I wouldn't do it. On Xbox na, solo, I get a game in less than 10 minutes. I never play the same character for more than a month in a row... So, even though I generally do well, I'm sure I'm not in the highest MMR. If you are then that may also be a big part of your problem.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I worry about combining the queus. I remember queuing solo against premades and it wasn't fun. That being said they could just institute an actually useful MMR system so eventually the premades were lifted out of my bracket and then I wouldn't have a problem at all.

Thing is, so many people feel so strongly about all the variances that've been tried, I almost think there's no point tinkering with it anymore. No offense to you and your plight, but how is it useful to just take turns being unhappy?

The way things are now most bgs are obj. Do elite premade teams that just want to DM incessantly need to be thrust into casual capture the relic games? A rude assumption on my part, but borne of the feeling I'm always left with after threads like this exist for long enough.

And of course they could/should separate the DM and obj queues. But that'll make your queu longer still.

Honestly the only thing they can do at this point is try to attract more people. Which won't help you immediately but will then make possible an actually helpful and needed change. So... Fix the medal system, fix the MMR system, buff the rewards... I dunno, make some daily endeavors be BG specific.

I can't imagine waiting 40 minutes. I can tell you right now I wouldn't do it. On Xbox na, solo, I get a game in less than 10 minutes. I never play the same character for more than a month in a row... So, even though I generally do well, I'm sure I'm not in the highest MMR. If you are then that may also be a big part of your problem.

Most other MMOs don't have a solo or group queue function unless it's for ranked PvP content. So I don't get why it's separate if people are just doing their dailies etc.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duo queue will always be a problem if there are no other duo groups in the queue to pair you with or against. Get a 4 man group or play solo.

Solo queue is good. Teams of solo players should never have to fight against coordinated 4 man groups. It's a disaster in matchmaking and made the queue a complete joke when it was a thing.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most other MMOs don't have a solo or group queue function unless it's for ranked PvP content. So I don't get why it's separate if people are just doing their dailies etc.

I'm not sure its important what other games do?

And why would you assume solo players are just doing their dailies?

The best thing ZOS can do is try to attract more players to bgs. Then we can play with the queu system.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, the amount of people in here just saying "LOL just queue solo or find 2 more friends" is disheartening. First of all, maybe we want to queue with friends because otherwise youre rolling the dice on getting teammates that have no intention of sticking around in a team fight.

As for the second point, queueing as a 4 man is literally no better than queueing as a duo unless there's 2 other 4 man groups also queuing. I've waited just as long as OP has waited in a duo while queued for a 4 man.

BGs have been neglected beyond the point of no return. The modes are terribly unbalanced, there's been no new content in over 4 years, and the constant shuffling around of the queue system frustrated and fatigued most of the playerbase sticking with it.

ZOS, if you want BGs to have a larger playerbase, you need to fix the modes (i.e., encourage actual combat in the objective modes), add new maps (or at least a special event game mode or other fresh new content), and provide better rewards.

The last one is really what's gonna drive up the playerbase. Right now, there's not much of a reason to do BGs. How about increasing the transmute gain? Offer up crafting mats in BG rewards coffers (tales of tribute does this!). The increase in battlegrounds memorabilia drop rates was a good step, but it was far from enough.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the irritation, but let's not act like coordinated groups aren't using discord for comms and queueing up for solo. I play almost exclusively solo BG and I'm constantly seeing this dominating in "solo" queue BG. They are all also magically level 49.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not sure if combining queues would be the best thing for the whole of the population. Enough players are quitting as a result of larger issues within the game, so the last thing we need is to frustrate the remaining population by forcing them to go toe to toe against premades. Especially when a MMR system is pretty much non-existent in this game.
    ZOS, if you want BGs to have a larger playerbase, you need to fix the modes (i.e., encourage actual combat in the objective modes), add new maps (or at least a special event game mode or other fresh new content), and provide better rewards.

The last one is really what's gonna drive up the playerbase. Right now, there's not much of a reason to do BGs. How about increasing the transmute gain? Offer up crafting mats in BG rewards coffers (tales of tribute does this!). The increase in battlegrounds memorabilia drop rates was a good step, but it was far from enough.

This is definitely the biggest issue. The lack of attention to the design of the modes, new content, and incentives is really the greatest obstacle to growth of the population. A larger and more diverse population would solve a lot of issues in BGs, and I don't think combining solos with coordinated groups would help with that. Changes other than messing with the queues again need to be prioritized.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on September 22, 2022 4:57PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the amount of people in here just saying "LOL just queue solo or find 2 more friends" is disheartening. First of all, maybe we want to queue with friends because otherwise youre rolling the dice on getting teammates that have no intention of sticking around in a team fight.

Just trying to offer some helpful advice. I don't work for ZOS. I can't literally make OPs experience better. But I'd prefer to do more than just whine about things I wish.

As for the rest of your post... Yes, I agree, and have basically already said that too.

• thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭

Just trying to offer some helpful advice. I don't work for ZOS. I can't literally make OPs experience better. But I'd prefer to do more than just whine about things I wish.

As for the rest of your post... Yes, I agree, and have basically already said that too.

Squeaky wheel gets oil. IDK. People are going to complain about the product they've bought not working. There's only one ESO. I can't just go to McESO instead of Chick-Fil-ESO because there's a 2 hour wait for food.

Instead of calling people whiners we should be validating their frustrations and demand ZOS communicate what they will do to fix these egregious issues. A 2 hour wait for a 15 minute BG because you want to play with a friend in an MMO/Online RPG is just purely unacceptable and equivalent to asking someone to wait 2 hours for a martini at a bar. We're not even talking about the quality of the martini (BGs), just the ability to even access it.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Duo queue will always be a problem if there are no other duo groups in the queue to pair you with or against. Get a 4 man group or play solo.

Solo queue is good. Teams of solo players should never have to fight against coordinated 4 man groups. It's a disaster in matchmaking and made the queue a complete joke when it was a thing.

ive had similar problems with this in the normal dungeon queue too

solo queue = fine
    4 man queue = fine

2 man, or 3 man queue = on avg takes 3x as long or longer (depending on if we are looking for a tank, heal or dps)

so the BG queue might have the same problem, if your queue in group of 2, then you either got to get lucky with 2 solos who queue into the group queue, or another 2 man group

so that is 2 possible options

if you are a solo queue into a group BG you have more match options, 3 other solos, 1 solo + 2 man group, 3 man group

just 1 more match possibility can greatly expedite queue matching
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make every match a deathmatch.

Zos should make a poll in their own forums, to ask those that plays bg, if they only want a deathmatch mode bg.

Just to settle this [snip] arguement.

I vote deathmatch only forever.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 6:09PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Just make every match a deathmatch.

Zos should make a poll in their own forums, to ask those that plays bg, if they only want a deathmatch mode bg.

Just to settle this [snip] arguement.

I vote deathmatch only forever.

doing that again would certainly cause me to never play BGs again, and they would have to figure out what to do with all the non-DM related achievements

if they wanted to add a separate DM only queue, fine, but dont botch it by making random pull from that queue

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 6:10PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    real men solo queue

👁️👄👁️