The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

MMO Scimitar profile I need help

ElderShadow
ElderShadow
Soul Shriven
Hello I bought a mmo 1st time using the mouse. Is there a guide somewhere on how to map the buttons to work on the side? Or a place where you can download someones profiles ? I have a Corsair MMO Scimitar seems kind of difficult to setup for 1st time users? Not really that friendly?
Edited by Psiion on October 16, 2022 12:50AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with that one, but if its anything like Razer Naga it comes default bound to the numpad or swaps to the number row, these can be changed via Razer Synapse. It should be the same, what you do is assign the buttons to a key on your keyboard first through whatever software/app that comes with the mouse in this case it would be iCue via Device Settings and Profile, then you assign those same keys in-game corresponding to the mouse bindings.
    Options
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have moved this thread to the Players Helping Players section of the Forums as it is better fit for a proper response there.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that one, but I do have a Corsair M55 and I think they all use the same software.

You need to download iCue which is the official Corsair software and then use it to set up a profile for ESO and bind keyboard keys to the mouse buttons within that.

I didn't find it as easy as the Logitech software for my old mouse, but once I figured out how to do it getting all the buttons set up was just a matter of deciding what should go where. You have to select each button, then pick Assignments and set it to the keyboard key you want to bind to it.

I can't give exact instructions now because I'm on my work computer (where I'm not allowed to install iCue) and can't remember the steps, but you can probably find step by step instructions online or I can post them later on when I'm on my own PC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the detailed instructions I couldn't do earlier: On the Home tab in iCue you need to create a profile (not a scene). All you need to do here is give it a name, an icon and link it to ESO (make sure you pick the actual program and not the launcher, which is a seperate program).

Once that's done select the profile and click on the icon for your mouse and pick 'Key Assignments'. You should see a picture of your mouse on the right, then a list of all it's buttons in the middle and some menus on the left.
    1. Click on the + under Assignments.
    2. Pick Keystroke (not keyboard).
    3. Click on the square with a ? in it marked Key and either click on a button in the list above or press the button on the mouse.
    4. Click into the text box under Remap: Keystroke and press the keyboard key you want to bind to that button.
    5. Finally back in the Assignments box hover over your new keybinding (which will be called something like Keystroke 1) so the 3 dots appear, click that, pick rename and give it a more meaningful name (probably the key and/or action it's bound to). This isn't essential but trust me it makes it easier if you want to change things later on.

Repeat the numbered steps for each mouse button you want to use.

Now when you run ESO your mouse will switch to that profile and all your mouse buttons will work with the relevant keybindings. You can also set shortcuts to switch profiles, or do it manually through the software but for games I find this by far the easiest option.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options