The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So how long is that new Loot Timer?

• OzzyNOR
    OzzyNOR
    ✭✭

SootyTX wrote: »

Ozzy - the blue is a guaranteed drop for at least one person involved in the fight, so your scenario really isn't possible. if you kill the boss alone, you get it, end of story. If there are others around, given that this change is (as evidenced by this thread and others) moving the bots and campers out of the dungeons, then chances are very high it'll only be one or two, so maybe you'll need spend a little time to get both blue drops you want.

But surely that's part of the point - blue drops shouldn't simply be a case of roll up and get 10 of them for no effort or time, there has to be some sort of cost involved. Anyway, I hope you reconsider based on the above info - its really not as bad as the farmers are making out, a lot of what they are saying is simply scare tactics.

You're wrong. This did happen to me. Norvulk Ruins, lvl 18-ish Dungeon in Daggerfall yesterday(didn't bother to look up the name last night). Why would you even assume I killed the boss solo? This is an MMO, not a solo game. I do think the old loot system was a bit too easy sure, but the way it is now it's just frustrating. It's not difficult, challenging etc, just annoying.
  • OzzyNOR
    OzzyNOR
    ✭✭
    Punche wrote: »
    Regular mobs will give you just as much loot. So if you're unsubbing because you can't stand there and kill 1 guy over and over... good riddance.

Reading comprehension is a good thing...
  • Punche
    Punche
    Lkory wrote: »
    Well making stupid decision is like smoking crack...you tend to do it again and again. So yeah unsubbing is a nice way to say: well band-aid solutions is not what i want to pay for.

EDIT: my apologies to Rob Ford for using him for this analogy

That is the worst analogy ever. Stupid decisions are in no way like crack... lol? Seriously, the reasons given for quitting in this thread are just hilarious, and it's even better that every time someone states they are quitting, their next instinct is to rationalize further why their leaving by stating one way or another how the game was ruined and is going downhill!

LMAO, the game is fine, and some changes to farming certainly isn't going to be the change that destroys this game. With that, I'll take my leave of this thread, the complaints are too inconsequential to deserve any more attention. Good luck in other games, try to play them for more than a month before you start crying next time ;)
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    OzzyNOR wrote: »
    Regular mobs will give you just as much loot. So if you're unsubbing because you can't stand there and kill 1 guy over and over... good riddance.

You should take your own advice, and maybe be less of an ass to someone genuinely trying to help you. I said the blue drop is guaranteed IF you solo the boss - which is entirely possible for just about any player, they are barely tougher than regular mobs. The devs have stated this directly. They have also said that each boss may drop multiple copies of the blue, which i have personally been party to.

But it seems like you and others in this thread are determined to be jerks over this so, as others have said, good riddance, I'm done trying to help.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like all the loot-campers have congregated in this topic lol. I'm very happy with the loot lockout timer.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone said, isn't this game about loot? Um, I thought this game was about the story, the exploration and the adventure. Yes, you get loot as rewards, but I'm going to go with adventure over loot. Loot is just a byproduct.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • OzzyNOR
    OzzyNOR
    ✭✭

You should take your own advice, and maybe be less of an ass to someone genuinely trying to help you. I said the blue drop is guaranteed IF you solo the boss - which is entirely possible for just about any player, they are barely tougher than regular mobs. The devs have stated this directly. They have also said that each boss may drop multiple copies of the blue, which i have personally been party to.

But it seems like you and others in this thread are determined to be jerks over this so, as others have said, good riddance, I'm done trying to help.

Seriously? The comment you replied to wasn't even directed at you, it was directed at the snide comment of another poster. Another poster post a snide comment directed at me, but I'm the jerk right? I don't get how you thought I was an ass towards you, unless you're out to set a new record in butthurt'nes. Yes, now I'm being an ass...

I did answer your post and you are right in the way blue drops, but that's, assuming you're solo'ing the boss. How likely is that in an MMO? You called my scenario "not possible", which is quite simply wrong. I did kill a boss 3 times(with loot) without getting anything but white items, that took me 30+ minutes. What does it matter to me if 3 other guys in the same dungeon got the blue drop? Sure, sounds a bit selfish, but with the RNG you could potentially stand there getting nothing but greens and whites for hours if new people comes into the dungeon at a regular pace. Not very likely, but it's possible. I left after 30+minutes with nothing but white drops. So, the dungeons have now become even more meaningless, bad exp and bad loot, just another step in the skyshard-grind. To me this is just the tip of the iceberg of things the Devs can't get right. It was too easy to begin with, I see that, but this bandaid just tells me they put very little thought into it, almost as if they're in panic because they couldn't foresee all the bots that would be in this game. I'm not a bot, I'm not a camper, just a regular player, and there's many saying "this only hurts bots and campers" but they're simply wrong. The dungeons are now just another place to raze through without an afterthought.

Only good thing about this is that many will just kill the boss once now, and if you're not playing during peak-hours you might be lucky enough to get him solo. What a great way to make an MMO...solo
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ozzy - the blue is a guaranteed drop for at least one person involved in the fight, so your scenario really isn't possible. if you kill the boss alone, you get it, end of story. If there are others around, given that this change is (as evidenced by this thread and others) moving the bots and campers out of the dungeons, then chances are very high it'll only be one or two, so maybe you'll need spend a little time to get both blue drops you want.

But surely that's part of the point - blue drops shouldn't simply be a case of roll up and get 10 of them for no effort or time, there has to be some sort of cost involved. Anyway, I hope you reconsider based on the above info - its really not as bad as the farmers are making out, a lot of what they are saying is simply scare tactics.
    What? No, really, WHAT? Are we playing different games or are you just that ridiculously lucky? I play with a friend most of the time, I play alone on another char the rest of the time, and 80% of the time neither me nor him get the damn blue loot on first try. I killed a boss alone(by alone I mean ALONE. There was no one in the whole cave but me, I think) today and got no blue drop.
    I won't unsub because of this, it's not the biggest problem of this game, but I'm disappointed. On the plus side - there wasn't a SINGLE bot in this cave today. On the minus - I killed a boss. I want a reward. If it has to be a timer to get rid of bots, fine, but can't it start ticking after first blue drop or smth? I agree getting 10 blue drops in a row(happened to me once before. But ONCE and I didn't get it on first try anyway) is a bit too much, but if I kill a boss, I want a reward(and no, white drops and a soul gem don't do it). I don't want to stand around for half an hour for a CHANCE to get the reward, I want to go on and keep playing, but I still want that reward. I'm a crafter, fortunately rather high lvl now so I get plenty(well...maybe not plenty but at least some) of blues from chests, some average mobs and so on. But as a lower lvl, bosses were about the ONLY source of blues for me. Now it seems I'd have none because I refuse to wait half an hour to get that reward.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭

What? No, really, WHAT? Are we playing different games or are you just that ridiculously lucky? I play with a friend most of the time, I play alone on another char the rest of the time, and 80% of the time neither me nor him get the damn blue loot on first try. I killed a boss alone(by alone I mean ALONE. There was no one in the whole cave but me, I think) today and got no blue drop.
    I won't unsub because of this, it's not the biggest problem of this game, but I'm disappointed. On the plus side - there wasn't a SINGLE bot in this cave today. On the minus - I killed a boss. I want a reward. If it has to be a timer to get rid of bots, fine, but can't it start ticking after first blue drop or smth? I agree getting 10 blue drops in a row(happened to me once before. But ONCE and I didn't get it on first try anyway) is a bit too much, but if I kill a boss, I want a reward(and no, white drops and a soul gem don't do it). I don't want to stand around for half an hour for a CHANCE to get the reward, I want to go on and keep playing, but I still want that reward. I'm a crafter, fortunately rather high lvl now so I get plenty(well...maybe not plenty but at least some) of blues from chests, some average mobs and so on. But as a lower lvl, bosses were about the ONLY source of blues for me. Now it seems I'd have none because I refuse to wait half an hour to get that reward.

You should wait. push the mob around and lock others players from their loot even if you get nothing.

Not even sure if its sarcasm or not :) so many idiot defending this loot timer.
    Really cant wait to ear them whine they are obligated to get a group to do the solo dungeons cause bosses are WAY too hard and blah blah blah.
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    you touched my loot, now i will touch your money. by canceling subscription.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »
    I want to play how I want as well, and if farmers had been more reasonable over the last month I wouldn't have such a bad taste in my mouth about them now.

*Note by "you" I reference farmers in general, no one in this thread in particular

Secondly, no, the over-leveled campers weren't in the start zones. Last ones I saw were in Alik'r desert where a level 45 was camping a level 35 boss for multiple spawns. But nice try....

****** ...What the farmers help support is the power gamers that actively try to undermine the economy to force out smaller volume crafters and control the markets - I see it in two of the trade guilds I'm in already, as more casual crafters, just in for the fun and to have a broader game, are already giving up because they can't compete and the farming groups.

This ain't my first rodeo.******

Awesome post Sooty! You show with a complete description that shows why Zeni picking a method to prevent not alllll farming, but high levels owning spawns/whole camps is absolutely effective and helpful for the broader player base AND our economy.

Good journeys!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    n You're wrong. This did happen to me. Norvulk Ruins, lvl 18-ish Dungeon in Daggerfall yesterday(didn't bother to look up the name last night). Why would you even assume I killed the boss solo? This is an MMO, not a solo game. I do think the old loot system was a bit too easy sure, but the way it is now it's just frustrating. It's not difficult, challenging etc, just annoying.

Or what I hear you saying is it SLOWS people the frick down eh? Doesn't keep you from GETTING your drop, it means someone is a bit inconvenienced if they are going in there for a repeat performance of gaining many good drops QUICKLY.

Good journeys!