The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So how long is that new Loot Timer?

Lkory
Lkory
✭✭✭
Anyone in-game can enlighten us on this please...stuck at work :neutral_face:

EDIT: After having tested it myself, the timer is a little less than 10 mins.
Edited by Lkory on May 1, 2014 2:27AM
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Too long. It seems like they increased the respawn time as well. It took approximately seven minutes for a respawn that was normally two minutes, and I couldnt loot the second kill...or the third, or fourth. That was about 30min play time or more.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, thats retarted and just a few days before subscription kicks in.
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Yep, I unsubbed, and I know of at least 50 others although I know it's a drop in the bucket, I'm sure it's a precursor to the larger issue at hand. SWG all over again. One patch infuriates the masses lol
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkoth wrote: »
    Too long. It seems like they increased the respawn time as well. It took approximately seven minutes for a respawn that was normally two minutes, and I couldnt loot the second kill...or the third, or fourth. That was about 30min play time or more.

Whoa. now thats waay too long.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the whole MMO thing about LOOT?! What's the point?! I have 4 days left on my first moth's sub.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Isn't the whole MMO thing about LOOT?! What's the point?! I have 4 days left on my first moth's sub.
    That is my point exactly, the loot system in the game is broken in the first place. The instanced dungeons are useless after the first run through when you get the quest reward. The rerunning of public dungeons was all that kept me here. I like loot, no I love loot and getting better loot and making more money to get the best loot. I literally killed a boss in a shadowfen dungeon, exited the dungeon, made my way to the opposite side of the map and went into a dungeon there, killed that boss and got...wait for it...NO loot. Nothing. The time it took me between boss kills must have been at least 20min. #peaceoutTESO

• ThePedroKid
    ThePedroKid
    Soul Shriven
    Loot timers, diminishing returns and no xp in dungeons have all broke this game for me.

I'd rather have bots than restrictions on me as a player. Learn to use proper bot spotting techniques as other MMOs have.

Please just let me play how I want. It does not affect other players negatively at all.

Sadly, I will likely unsub. I was hoping to pull another month figuring positive changes would be coming but it seems they are going the wrong direction. Anytime a dev encourages people _not_ to do dungeons there is a major problem with that development team. They are kinda the point of the genre. Guess I'll try W**dstar since they seem to really be focused on dungeons.
  • a.allredb14_ESO
    Very disappointing. Vote with your dollars folks, hit the unsub button, so they know there is a problem. Doesn't mean you can't turn it back on once sub day happens, but they need to be made aware.

Punishing your paying customers to try and 'fix' the bot problem is not a good fix. Once you've finished the quests, then what, vet dungeons only, and do those even give anything now.

Also, blue drops are now impossible to get unless really lucky. Severe failure here, IMO.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , i wonder if that will really stop the bots , or not just toss them in another area of the game and so on.

What will they do? Keep nerfing everything while they run after the bots?

Well , i dont know the answer to this problem , i will just keep playing until i see no more point in it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • a.allredb14_ESO
    BTW, timed it, some time between 7 and 8 mins it resets and you get loot again, then the timer...
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Loot timers, diminishing returns and no xp in dungeons have all broke this game for me.

I'd rather have bots than restrictions on me as a player. Learn to use proper bot spotting techniques as other MMOs have.

Please just let me play how I want. It does not affect other players negatively at all.

Sadly, I will likely unsub. I was hoping to pull another month figuring positive changes would be coming but it seems they are going the wrong direction. Anytime a dev encourages people _not_ to do dungeons there is a major problem with that development team. They are kinda the point of the genre. Guess I'll try W**dstar since they seem to really be focused on dungeons.

The thing is, and for some reason the campers refuse to accept it, you DO negatively impact a great many players

You hurt people in there for the immersion, for the simple fun of going through a dungeon, reading the notes along the way, getting to the end boss.....to find a pile of copies of it 20 deep under a cluster of farmers.

You hurt the crafter economy overall by creating massive imbalances in supply and demand. Of course, it doesn't hurt YOU because you are the ones cornering the supply.

You hurt people that just want to get a fair crack at the boss loot without having to compete with 10 other people usually way overleveled for the dungeon. And to add insult to injury, many of you will, instead of backing away to give said player a chance at the loot, attempt to sell the drops they are farming off that exact boss, as if you had some god given right to own the place.

I want to play how I want as well, and if farmers had been more reasonable over the last month I wouldn't have such a bad taste in my mouth about them now.

*Note by "you" I reference farmers in general, no one in this thread in particular
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    SootyTX wrote: »

The thing is, and for some reason the campers refuse to accept it, you DO negatively impact a great many players

You hurt people in there for the immersion, for the simple fun of going through a dungeon, reading the notes along the way, getting to the end boss.....to find a pile of copies of it 20 deep under a cluster of farmers.

You hurt the crafter economy overall by creating massive imbalances in supply and demand. Of course, it doesn't hurt YOU because you are the ones cornering the supply.

You hurt people that just want to get a fair crack at the boss loot without having to compete with 10 other people usually way overleveled for the dungeon. And to add insult to injury, many of you will, instead of backing away to give said player a chance at the loot, attempt to sell the drops they are farming off that exact boss, as if you had some god given right to own the place.

I want to play how I want as well, and if farmers had been more reasonable over the last month I wouldn't have such a bad taste in my mouth about them now.

*Note by "you" I reference farmers in general, no one in this thread in particular

No it is a launch issue, population will spread and issue will disappear. Bots wont but that's another story.

As for the way over leveled, the loot threshold is about 4-5 level so any high level should be there for the achievement and is not getting any loot(i am lying, you het raw fur from level 1 mob at VR3). You are clearly talking about the first zone in the game clearly. Yes people do the tutorial island and start the first zone at level 7-9, you should do those to. They are usually over leveled until they reach the second zone.

Ruining the economy, well this game economy is not even on his feets, item prices are still all over the place. And most of the 'farmers' deconstruct items, if they don't use the temper and mats they sell them to crafters. So farmers are actually stimulating the game economy and crafters don't have to rely on buying from bots.
    Edited by Lkory on May 1, 2014 5:45AM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told again and again:

Instance me only with those players who entered my dungeon at a similar time (like: the instance of a player is open 10s after he entered it and the timer for the instance resets when someone entered it within that countdown). And make all mobs within such an instance non-respawnable.

This would not only fix the issue that players are already at the boss spawn farming the boss when I arrive (and would give me a non-immersive experience), but also give me the xperience of a fresh non-empty dungeon to explore together with others. And players who still want to farm the boss can do it simply by exiting and entering the dungeon (and clearing all mobs in between again, of course).
    Edited by Adernath on May 1, 2014 6:09AM
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »

No it is a launch issue, population will spread and issue will disappear. Bots wont but that's another story.

As for the way over leveled, the loot threshold is about 4-5 level so any high level should be there for the achievement and is not getting any loot(i am lying, you het raw fur from level 1 mob at VR3). You are clearly talking about the first zone in the game clearly. Yes people do the tutorial island and start the first zone at level 7-9, you should do those to. They are usually over leveled until they reach the second zone.

Ruining the economy, well this game economy is not even on his feets, item prices are still all over the place. And most of the 'farmers' deconstruct items, if they don't use the temper and mats they sell them to crafters. So farmers are actually stimulating the game economy and crafters don't have to rely on buying from bots.

Incorrect again...I don't know why I'm bothering to answer as you simply aren't listening and are too busy projecting.

Bots have almost gone - that is the plain and simple fact - since this came in. They were already om the way out due to some great efforts by ZoS and this has removed all incentive for them to go into dungeons (its a time/reward thing, botters can't afford to not be extremely productive).

Secondly, no, the over-leveled campers weren't in the start zones. Last ones I saw were in Alik'r desert where a level 45 was camping a level 35 boss for multiple spawns. But nice try.

The economy is starting to level out. it will take several months but vendor prices have already set certain limits and players are adjusting. And most crafters with a brain (as confirmed in this thread) get all the tempers etc they need from refining, hirelings and deconstructing their own loot pick ups. What the farmers help support is the power gamers that actively try to undermine the economy to force out smaller volume crafters and control the markets - I see it in two of the trade guilds I'm in already, as more casual crafters, just in for the fun and to have a broader game, are already giving up because they can't compete and the farming groups.

This ain't my first rodeo.

• methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    I think the worst part it that they didn't announce it. I find that the total lack of dev communication is scary in this early stage of the game. How hard would it have been to say, oh yea, nerfing boss loot, here are the details.

So far everything they are doing is on the cloak and dagger side of nerfing. It's going to get tiring really fast. Zenimax... get a better PR team.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    methjester wrote: »
    I think the worst part it that they didn't announce it. I find that the total lack of dev communication is scary in this early stage of the game. How hard would it have been to say, oh yea, nerfing boss loot, here are the details.

So far everything they are doing is on the cloak and dagger side of nerfing. It's going to get tiring really fast. Zenimax... get a better PR team.

Lol, they did annouce it awhile back.

Here is a quote from this thread:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78524/upcoming-patch-highlights-in-progress-updates/p1

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Read the forums more often.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭

Incorrect again...I don't know why I'm bothering to answer as you simply aren't listening and are too busy projecting.

Bots have almost gone - that is the plain and simple fact - since this came in. They were already om the way out due to some great efforts by ZoS and this has removed all incentive for them to go into dungeons (its a time/reward thing, botters can't afford to not be extremely productive).

Secondly, no, the over-leveled campers weren't in the start zones. Last ones I saw were in Alik'r desert where a level 45 was camping a level 35 boss for multiple spawns. But nice try.

The economy is starting to level out. it will take several months but vendor prices have already set certain limits and players are adjusting. And most crafters with a brain (as confirmed in this thread) get all the tempers etc they need from refining, hirelings and deconstructing their own loot pick ups. What the farmers help support is the power gamers that actively try to undermine the economy to force out smaller volume crafters and control the markets - I see it in two of the trade guilds I'm in already, as more casual crafters, just in for the fun and to have a broader game, are already giving up because they can't compete and the farming groups.

This ain't my first rodeo.

Bot will always be around if they sell gold and i am sure they are still people who wanna buy Daedric Motifs at level 10...how can they afford it? Well buying gold is the only way. People value their time, 20$ for 50k is a good deal if you make 20$ an hour working every day. (That's probably the only a casual crafter could compete with an hardcore crafter that has the time to farm his own mats)

Over leveled campers are idiots, the loot threshold is 4 levels. I stopped getting loot from 38 mobs once i hit 43 and i still had quests to clear in that area. So if hes was just there clearing your boss he is griefing not farming.

Well if not farming delve bosses, we will farm dungeons or anything else (Actually i will get to that as soon as i hit VR4, to start gear up for VR6-10). As for casual crafters they will always feel left out, sorry to burst your bubble. If a crafter plays 1 hour a week and expects to compete with one that plays 20 hours that is his own mental problem. The crafter that plays more knows more people and those people recommend them to their friends. Its all about building a client base that knows they will get their order done quickly if they ask you.

For example i got 3 enchanters in my friend list that i trust and know they keep good stock on mats. Why would i go see the casual crafter that asks me to bring my own mats and tries to charge me because he leveled it (i would tip for sure but no i would not pay him for his click).
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭

god forbid you have to compete with others over something in an mmo! <rolls eyes>
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    methjester wrote: »

Lol, they did annouce it awhile back.

Here is a quote from this thread:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78524/upcoming-patch-highlights-in-progress-updates/p1

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Read the forums more often.

They announced it for 1.10 I read it in the long patch notes. They just sprung it up last night. A simple "we have enacted the boss loot code" message would have been nice. So yes, I do read notes, but you will not find anything on their forums about this hotfix. They also nerfed Guild store searches. What else did they add or take out?

I'm saying it would be nice to know when they hotfix things. I reject your LOL.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Enundr wrote: »
    god forbid you have to compete with others over something in an mmo! <rolls eyes>

And god forbid the developers take action to support the wider playerbase over a few selfish greedy players

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah the good and old immersion argument , you know , it brings me some happiness that those players that like "immersion" or whatever , will probably be annoyed in the vet2... zones , where in my experience , most players are dressed like golden saints hehehe.

Honestly , plenty of this games problems are caused by this , "immersion" crap.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • OzzyNOR
    OzzyNOR
    ✭✭
    Edit: Posted in the wrong thread, but it's about the same issue...so meh.

It's so fun...say I want one, nay two of those blue 1-h sword I know the Boss in the Creepy Squirrels Dungeon drops for my new dual-wielding deathmachine. I go in and get my first kill, but I only get white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Ok, not too bad, better luck next time. Next kill; Nothing, then nothing, then nothing, then nothing, then nothing for 10 minutes. Alright 10 minutes gone by, I get the kill and... white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Ok, new tactic, change it up by killing other mobs in the dungeon for 10 min, awesome, I got some green drops that I don't need. After 10 minutes I'm back at the boss spawn ready to wreak some havoc, get the kill...and get white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Bye, bye...

Sure, a timer is fine. 10 minutes global timer however is just plain idiotic, especially when, the minor dungeon bosses are likely to spawn several times in that timeframe, which will lead to frustrated players just having to watch. Make the loot system of the bosses better, not remove the ability to get anything at all from them(no, I don't count the measly 5 coins as a reward)

I've played MMO's for about 14 years, and I've never said these words on a game-forum before; "Account cancelled". I might renew it again soon as I enjoy many aspects of this game, but this, and other actions, leads me to question if the developers actually know what they're doing. This latest "update" seemed rushed and not well thought through. Panic...
    Game hasn't been out long, so I hope things get better.
    Edited by OzzyNOR on May 1, 2014 10:55PM
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭

And god forbid the developers take action to support the wider playerbase over a few selfish greedy players

show me the numbers that YOURs is the wider playerbase , not the whiniest to get them to do this in the first place ;-P cause right now alot of people are dropping their subs so i suppose well see whos is the bigger playerbase
  • Punche
    Punche
    Regular mobs will give you just as much loot. So if you're unsubbing because you can't stand there and kill 1 guy over and over... good riddance.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Punche wrote: »
    Regular mobs will give you just as much loot. So if you're unsubbing because you can't stand there and kill 1 guy over and over... good riddance.

Well making stupid decision is like smoking crack...you tend to do it again and again. So yeah unsubbing is a nice way to say: well band-aid solutions is not what i want to pay for.

EDIT: my apologies to Rob Ford for using him for this analogy
    Edited by Lkory on May 2, 2014 1:58AM
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    Lkory summed it up right there.....and also guess what? bots will move to said regular mobs AND harvest nodes.....guess what happens then? ill let you do the math Punche.....2+2=? =P
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭

show me the numbers that YOURs is the wider playerbase , not the whiniest to get them to do this in the first place ;-P cause right now alot of people are dropping their subs so i suppose well see whos is the bigger playerbase

The simple evidence is from the devs themselves - they added this in response to the playerbase, they said so directly.

• SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    OzzyNOR wrote: »

It's so fun...say I want one, nay two of those blue 1-h sword I know the Boss in the Creepy Squirrels Dungeon drops for my new dual-wielding deathmachine. I go in and get my first kill, but I only get white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Ok, not too bad, better luck next time. Next kill; Nothing, then nothing, then nothing, then nothing, then nothing for 10 minutes. Alright 10 minutes gone by, I get the kill and... white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Ok, new tactic, change it up by killing other mobs in the dungeon for 10 min, awesome, I got some green drops that I don't need. After 10 minutes I'm back at the boss spawn ready to wreak some havoc, get the kill...and get white drops, potions, and a soul gem. Bye, bye...

Sure, a timer is fine. 10 minutes global timer however is just plain idiotic, especially when, the minor dungeon bosses are likely to spawn several times in that timeframe, which will lead to frustrated players just having to watch. Make the loot system of the bosses better, not remove the ability to get anything at all from them(no, I don't count the measly 5 coins as a reward)

I've played MMO's for about 14 years, and I've never said these words on a game-forum before; "Account cancelled". I might renew it again soon as I enjoy many aspects of this game, but this, and other actions, leads me to question if the developers actually know what they're doing. This latest "update" seemed rushed and not well thought through. Panic...

Ozzy - the blue is a guaranteed drop for at least one person involved in the fight, so your scenario really isn't possible. if you kill the boss alone, you get it, end of story. If there are others around, given that this change is (as evidenced by this thread and others) moving the bots and campers out of the dungeons, then chances are very high it'll only be one or two, so maybe you'll need spend a little time to get both blue drops you want.

But surely that's part of the point - blue drops shouldn't simply be a case of roll up and get 10 of them for no effort or time, there has to be some sort of cost involved. Anyway, I hope you reconsider based on the above info - its really not as bad as the farmers are making out, a lot of what they are saying is simply scare tactics.

• Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭

The simple evidence is from the devs themselves - they added this in response to the playerbase, they said so directly.

Band-Aid, bots will still be around, just pray they don't hinder players because the most simple solution is to nerf it for everyone.

As i said in this thread earlier: People value their time, 20$ for 50k is a good deal if you make 20$ an hour working every day.

Edited by Lkory on May 2, 2014 3:36AM
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    OzzyNOR wrote: »

Ozzy - the blue is a guaranteed drop for at least one person involved in the fight, so your scenario really isn't possible. if you kill the boss alone, you get it, end of story. If there are others around, given that this change is (as evidenced by this thread and others) moving the bots and campers out of the dungeons, then chances are very high it'll only be one or two, so maybe you'll need spend a little time to get both blue drops you want.

But surely that's part of the point - blue drops shouldn't simply be a case of roll up and get 10 of them for no effort or time, there has to be some sort of cost involved. Anyway, I hope you reconsider based on the above info - its really not as bad as the farmers are making out, a lot of what they are saying is simply scare tactics.

Please show us a video of your character getting a blue from few bosses on your first kill solo. Ill tell you right away you wont be able to do it without editing.

This is not how it works, more than one person can get the blue every kill, maybe a
    5% or 10% chance to get it? so at most 20-30 kills if you are really unlucky.

EDIT: Nope not moving me out of dungeon, i kill more thrash to compensate. Or just wait to hear someone attacking the boss while i am watching a movie/serie, loot or no loot its fine i am just multitasking.
    Edited by Lkory on May 2, 2014 5:03AM