Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

worse ways to die in cyrodiil (top ten, least worse to worse worse)

• pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    10) fall damage
    9) fall damage
    8) fall damage
    7) fall damage
    6) fall damage
    5) dying outnumbered
    4) fighting one player, come to stalemate, both walk away, then their friends get to them and run you over as Xv1
    3) fighting someone that runs to where they KNOW they have allies and getting ran over
    2) dying to siege that you can't see ground AOE off of because of lag/visual bug
    1) fall damage

I love playing and leveling low level/alts in Grey Host and what you said about reviving after getting a level up happened so many times, its funny, and probably shouldn't work like that
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you forgot :
    • fall damage
    • dying against guards (yes, very rare but may happen, and it's worse in particular if you're OP)
    • dead when you come back after a game crash
    • bombed
    • because your pot didnt work

0c2860bb2f9aea2000ae60eef1b0553c.gif
    Edited by Xarc on August 10, 2022 10:23AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    I love playing and leveling low level/alts in Grey Host and what you said about reviving after getting a level up happened so many times, its funny, and probably shouldn't work like that

that caught me so off-guard at the moment, what made me laugh so much was the reaction of the person who had killed me, i know they were more surprised than myself...

didn't take them too long though before they started trying to kill me again...

i have the fall damage mitigation filled out on all my toons, one of my toons is also a bosmer, that little guy can fly off walls with no problem...

the trouble really comes with my vamps riding between fights, after any little bump their health drops and doesn't come back too fast...i have to make sure to pause and heal before getting in to a fight...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    you forgot :
    • because your pot didnt work

oh, it works all too well :)

hmmm, maybe that's another one - "death by smoke-break and then snacking"...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 5, 2022 8:17PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isn't really any kind of single death situation...i don't know, maybe that makes it worse...

was in d-claw, we owned it, playing a vamp stamblade...this other nightblade was inside our keep and kept killing me, over and over and over again...with perfect rotations, i went through each death recap, great burst...

well, herein lies the painful part - after killing me, oh let's call it six times, a few times they also killed someone fighting with me...

they just dipped out of the keep and left...

i never got a chance to see their toon's body on the ground...

i went zerg fighting for a while after that...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 5, 2022 8:18PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running solo last night and these 3 reds that I'd previously killed were taking a resource. I thought it'd be sporting of me to let them get the ap from flipping the flag before I started the fight. I fingerfarted some buttons and they killed me, lol. Like it wasn't a good fight at all.

Not sure I can frame this into a "best way to die," sentence but... Basically, that moment when you're laying on your back dead but the keep flips your color anyway. Thx.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sniped while mid fight
    getting zerged in the middle of a 1v1, 1vx, 2v2 etc
    fall damage while fighting in a tower
    spectral bowing myself when i don't see the stupid npc bubble in ic
    falling into lava....lava lives rent free in my head....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few amusing deaths, but the one that sticks out is I was riding solo and came up to the Alessia Bridge. Just started up and 10 AD pop out of stealth and all start bashing me. I laughed so hard I just watched myself die. Well played, AD... Well played.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Alessia bridge when an entire zerg shows just in time to have the bridge destroyed. Once a whole EP zerg with their scroll but many similar stories that must have been pretty upsetting.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaah I'm glad this thread is still going. Don't think I have... No wait, yeah I got a quick one.

I guess this will fall under "best" ways to die.

Log in at night to start your playing session. Go straight to cyrodiil cuz you forgot how to do anything except PvP. Ride off to a random enemy keep and start taking a resource. Get approached by an enemy and smile to yourself because he's the first but he won't be the last BWAHAHA. Feel like you're fighting a tornado. Eventually lose. Question your self worth. Go check the forums to see why your build is suddenly trash. Respawn. Check the campaign menu. Find out the guy who killed you is Emp. Forgive yourself.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "OBJnoob wrote: »
    Go straight to cyrodiil cuz you forgot how to do anything except PvP.

wow, that is like freaky accurate...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 10, 2022 5:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, i've been off the forums so much lately, keep hitting the quote button instead of the edit button...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 10, 2022 12:00AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t PvP much, so the first time I saw the battle at Alessia Bridge, I was just, like, “jeez, it’s just a river — why don’t they just jump in and swim?” So, thinking I was smart to avoid the fight, I jumped in. Oops.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dying to a specific player, a level 50 grand overlord, whose only gameplay is to spam volcanic rune to proc Dark Conv hoping to also proc Occult Overload.
    I swear to god I have never seen a death recap with him using a different skill.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to drop an Ult and dying to VD explosion from the casuals near me. Ult never goes off, but I revive with NO ult resources!
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    Coming back to PvP after 2 years I killed my group using cleanse. At least we had a good laugh, after they explained to me why it was a very bad idea 😁
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winning a 1v2 in cyrodiil and then getting ganked while you try to record -.-
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The death that had me shaking my head was, the day a Scroll Runner "fell" into the water and the slaughter fish killed them...it was one of our scrolls lol.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    When you suddenly see 12 Green nightblades from Bowz pop out of stealth and you get 3 incaps, a meteor, 2 forms of beam, and 10 snipes, but you only see 5 hits on your death cap to explain why you died.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there was the time I thought, “why are all these people slaughtering each other at this big bridge when they could just swim across?”

So I jumped into the river.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    • Killed by siege merchant
    • The dot still ticking from the person you just killed
    • Bash :D
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things... I guess they might both qualify as "worst" ways to die.

1) When you're playing solo and you need to take a smoke break. Decide to go inside a keep to AFK, come back like 15 minutes later and you're dead on the ground surrounded by enemies. Thanks AD :(

2) So this guy was running away from me cuz he's a toxic casual. And I was chasing him to no end, because I'm a toxic regular. I want to say this was near the entrance to Imperial City but I don't remember for sure because of course we don't have to enter that way anymore. But so he tries to jump in the water to get away from me. Now this part might not make much sense but I assure you this is how it happened. I stood there waiting on him to die to slaughterfish but he didn't take any damage at first which was confusing. When he got further out he started taking damage, seemed not to expect it, because he swam back towards shore. And, to my surprise, he stopped taking damage. There's a little wooden dock there that he was trying to get on but couldn't. I walked out to the end of the dock, looked down at him, and finished off his already low HP with a light attack and arterial burst while he was still in the water. If he happens to be reading this I'm sorry. I mean... I'd totally do it again... But I am sorry.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that was a beautiful story @OBJnoob ...I really liked that it had a happy ending :)
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 lightning staff heavy attacking PVE players zapping me at the same time
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »

This reminded me of a now-defunct pvp guild I was in waaay back when ZOS got around to fixing the broken mess that Dark Cloak was when the game first dropped. We decided to form a NB-only gank squad where we would all try to simultaneously hit Ambush/Lotus Fan from stealth on the same opponent, then cloak away. We got at least as many flabbergasted and amused whispers as we did hate tells from our victims.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »

Ironic how we got rid of the 1 shot heavy attack builds to now get channeled lightning staff heavy attacks, 1 shot if they heavy attack bosses
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lost a few recent fights that went down to the very end...

big ugh when the difference between winning and losing a fight is one or two hits, a bit more sustain, an extra block or roll dodge...

so close, yet now I'm dead :)