Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What purpose to play DragonStar Arena?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
What purpose to play DragonStar Arena?

Sometimes, it's very rare case though, some guildmate try to invite someone for the
normal run DragonStar.

Once I did this quest by solo, but I abandon it at the stage five.
Because, that was absolutely boring.

Is there any of meaningful reward?
Edited by AvalonRanger on October 2, 2022 4:03PM
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The weapons in there are really useful and they may not be at vet level/don’t care about perfected. It’s still long and boring with a group but I think hanging out with people you know makes it not so bad.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master 1H+S = A meta item for tanks. If you only use one set for self-healing, this 2-piece is the way to go.

Master 2H = A boon for PvE solo players and dungeon carry builds. Some viability in PvP too. Strong in low MMR BGs and with Corrosive Armor. Not meta in the usual sense, but situationally very strong.

Master Bow = A traditional PvP item. Was meta in old patches. Still viable, though probably not meta, due to build pattern changes. Where the Master Bow was the obvious item in the past, these days it competes with 5x front bar set + 5x back bar set + mythic + 1x Trainee + monster set, which tends to be the most powerful build pattern for PvP.

Master DW = I'm less sure about this, but also looks viable for PvP. The asterisk for both the bow and this are ZOS' constant DOT changes, which make me think they are not meta right now, as DOTs are weak.

Master Destro Staff = A very strong PvP weapon in some previous patches, but this weapon has been changed over the years and, as with bow and DW, the underlying skill - Destructive Clench - was also nerfed. The +600 weapon / spell damage window is so short you'd have to front bar this. May still be viable for PvP, if it fits into your playstyle.

Resto Staff = I know nothing about healers, but some people were looking for this weapon in the groups I've been in.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Master Destro Staff = A very strong PvP weapon in some previous patches, but this weapon has been changed over the years and, as with bow and DW, the underlying skill - Destructive Clench - was also nerfed. The +600 weapon / spell damage window is so short you'd have to front bar this. May still be viable for PvP, if it fits into your playstyle.

Yeah, I believe a front barred Master's Ice Staff is decent in PvE for Frost Wardens with Destructive Reach as a spammable.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the weapons are back in the PVE meta, for instance, the bow. This happened a year or two ago when the bow, again, was the PVE meta for stamina. Don't worry, once the devs see nobody is playing VMA anymore after making the staves useless, there will be a change making them useful again and will put DSA back on the shelf.

Fact is, vDSA is just too long, even with a competent group. As someone who has the weapons I need out of there, its going to take more than a mythic lead to make me want to go back in there repeatedly
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DSA could be a whole lot shorter, if there simply was an option to cut the announcer.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best and easiest places to solo level a companion and the Master Weapons are not bad.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    Yeah, I believe a front barred Master's Ice Staff is decent in PvE for Frost Wardens with Destructive Reach as a spammable.
    Some of the weapons are back in the PVE meta, for instance, the bow.
    Keep them coming. I quoted from personal experience and maybe a little "received wisdom". I'm not fully up-to-date.

If you're telling me the bow is creeping into PvE meta, I can see how that makes sense. Since DOTs last so long, there must be high uptime on the extra damage with minimum investment for boss fights.

I'm also having second thoughts about being merely lukewarm about DW. There have been some DK DOT builds in the past that made that skill the spammable. Now I hear that it procs Way of Fire and, come to think of it, I've run into someone in PvP who melted me with Rending Slashes and that set. That was in CP IC. I was squishy and taken aback by something I didn't expect, but I subsequently read that setup may be particularly strong in no CP BGs.
    Edited by fred4 on October 4, 2022 3:40AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Resto Staff = I know nothing about healers, but some people were looking for this weapon in the groups I've been in.

The restro is put on the ro/jo healer in trials, sometimes even on both healers. It’s for giving sustain.

PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

The restro is put on the ro/jo healer in trials, sometimes even on both healers. It’s for giving sustain.

The Perfected Resto is and has been a desired weapon for healers for a while. Its great in groups.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSA could be a whole lot shorter, if there simply was an option to cut the announcer.

the dialog has nothing to do with the spawn rates

during maelstrom enemies are spawning while there is dialog going on, both from the announcer and random NPC chatter

dragonstar was the first arena, so they included a 30 second wait time at the start of a round (nothing to do with the dialog), and then the actual waves seem to have about a 5 second wait in between them

even blackrose prison has dialog during the start of and during the waves but it doesnt prevent enemies from spawning

they purely just need to shorten the 30 sec wait time at the start of a new stage, and reduce the spawn timers between the waves of enemies
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the dialog has nothing to do with the spawn rates

during maelstrom enemies are spawning while there is dialog going on, both from the announcer and random NPC chatter

dragonstar was the first arena, so they included a 30 second wait time at the start of a round (nothing to do with the dialog), and then the actual waves seem to have about a 5 second wait in between them

even blackrose prison has dialog during the start of and during the waves but it doesnt prevent enemies from spawning

they purely just need to shorten the 30 sec wait time at the start of a new stage, and reduce the spawn timers between the waves of enemies
    Even better!