The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvP vs PvE player conflict.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I just don't think content, or rewards structures, need to be changed to accommodate people who are essentially "sight-seeing" in that content to get the rewards. Those rewards are there to incentivize and reward players for doing the content. Diminishing that to accommodate players who don't even want to be in that content is a disservice for players who do want to be there.

I agree. I don't see PvPers asking for PvE reward systems to change for them simply to get skins or personalities. The thing is that PvPers also need incentives within their own preferred content in order gain a sense of achievement and to be rewarded for their efforts (many would argue that there are too few rewards as it is now). You wouldn't ask for the majority of rewards from PvE content to be mainly achieved in normal dungeons just for convenience sake, instead of rewarding those who spent countless hours parsing and practicing for end game content. What you're asking for, OP, is the equivalence of that. Although PvP provides players with a different sense of achievement than in PvE, it is a type of end game in which players invest a lot of time and gold in practicing, and perfecting their performance. It's not fair that those countless hours are not rewarded in the end because some players are inconvenienced.
    I really haven't seen any active PvPers in either of my housing guilds and whenever I see PvPers in PvP they aren't even wearing anything cool because the vast majority of them don't really care. I feel like these are intensives that appeal a lot more to the non-PvP crowd.

Also, PvPers enjoy cosmetics as much as other players. Whether it's to look or amazing, or absolutely ridiculous PvPers will put the time in to achieve it. As for housing, it may not be their priority, but I have 2 houses, and I know of others who have several.

Honestly I don't think it's equivalent at all. All you have to do to get the achievements for PvE to get cosmetics is find a functional build and group and run with it. once you learn the mechanics and coordination it's a breeze. There are people who run that stuff for money because of how easy it is and when you get it done there is no RNG involved in it. You get the thing. Meanwhile PvP is a whole lot more toxic and stressful to deal with. You can make an enemy who will stalk you and kill you every time they see you just because. And the motifs are RNG. You can spend literal thousands of hours total doing daily BGs on the max number of characters and win every time and still not get those motifs. I have personally no time or patience for this toxicity or RNG.

PvP vs PvE, what? Following objectives to win in battlegrounds is PvP. Maybe you are talking about "only deathmatch" players vs the rest?

Why do you not slap on good gear and start having fun in Battlegrounds, as you do in PvE?

You say trials are easy, is that why there are so many progressive groups and people buying runs to clear it? Maybe if you invested same amount of time learning pvp as you did pve it would also be easy and fun?

I would agree the styles should be sellable. There are so much rng in pve. Points to monster sets as one big thing and getting set drops from dungeons. You do have to run those things many times still to get stuff. Not really what a 'pvper' want to do.

I will say that monster helms are not really comparable to say grinding for fanged worm or something. Drops aren't curated like they are in pve so that I do wish they would change. I shouldn't get the same motif 3x in a row.