Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Are you happy with the DLC as event reward at 100%?

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Michae wrote: »
    @SilverBride @BlueRaven

I still feel that the analogy isn't accurate. And As I said, I don't want to invalidate your feelings, I just don't get the outrage this time around.

I'll quote only parts of your posts for clarity's sake.

I tried to explain this to a friend because they couldn't understand our view. I told them to imagine you rent an apartment in a large building. There are amenities such as a pool and a hot tub and a gym but you have to pay an extra monthly fee to access them. One day the landlord said "You have been good tenants so I would like to reward everyone with free hot tub access". Those who already pay for this don't feel rewarded and feel their amenity package has lost the value of one of its perks, but their monthly fee hasn't decreased to make up the difference. The landlord notices this and says "Also those with the amenity package can now have this nice bath towel as their reward.

Sorry, but in that analogy there never was a hot tub to begin with.
    You are a tenant with access to certain things, let's say pool and gym (although ESO+ has more than two perks). Then landlord installs a hot tub and says, everyone who pays this one time fee in a certain time will have the access to the hot tub. You also can forfeit said fee and have said access included in your usual subscription to gym and pool. And if you pay said fee you get complimentary towel (and High Isle Chapter I don't want to bother with thinking up another analogous thing). Also the hot tub is infinite in size, everybody can fit in at a same time and not bother anybody else.

And don't forget that if you bought High Isle you ALSO get this dlc. You can play it even if you unsubscribe. I see it as a win. If I ever am in worse financial state than now, and decide to cut my ESO+ expenses, I'll still be able to play that dlc.
    Not everyone cares about mounts. I would be very unhappy if that was next year's reward and feel cheated for a third year in a row.

And here you hit the nail on the head. The truth is, no matter what reward will be presented there will always be someone who's not happy with it.

They give out a house - "I'm not into housing" or "The house is too big/small/wrong style",

They give out a mount - "I'm not into mounts"; "It's too flashy/plain",

They give out a costume - "I don't care about cosmetics"; "I only use motifs",

They give out pets - "I'm not into pets"; "It's ugly",

They give out Crown Crates - "I'm not gonna gamble" - yes, there are people who don't want to open free crates as they are that much against the whole concept,

They give out Crowns - "There's nothing in the store that I want", "You gave out too little".

Although expecting to be given Crowns is just wishful thinking at this point.

I can understand more not being happy with the lack of perks for ESO+ when they give out those free trial weeks, since they are getting exactly what you get for money for free, and especially since back in the day they did give out some Crown Crates, so there's a precedent.

But this time you still get the added bonus of having the lifetime access to that dlc, and the token pet, which you may, or may not like, but as we established there's no one thing that everybody would like.

TL;DR I do understand where you're coming from, I acnowledge your feelings on that, but I can't help finding them childish. I'm happy with my ESO+, I pay for many perks, mostly for the craft bag and dyeing costumes, and someone getting a small piece of that pie isn't going to ruin it for me, even if I didn't get the ugly pet. ;)

I don’t (self edited) care the analogy is not perfect. I was simply describing how I, as an eso+ subscriber, am feeling neglected as a loyal customer.

I don’t know how many times I need to say it. I just keep repeating myself over and over again. So I am ending my posts in this thread with this.

Non eso+ subscribers (Who can buy a chapter now, on sale) get access to a dlc as a gift which is a great deal.

Me, as a yearly eso+ subscriber, who is putting $140 a year plus the cost of a chapter(I always buy the chapters upon release and always the CE version as well), before all the other money I put into this game buying crowns etc, I am getting a pet, which feels like a consolation prize.

Now you can say with that $140 plus chapter, I am getting access to W, X, Y, and Z all the time and how great that is. And I would point out that everyone is now getting access to “Z” so really my sub is only now paying for W,X, and Y. without a “Z”. And I am still getting charged the same.

“Oh but I still have access to an old dlc, when I stop playing eso and moved on to another game? BEST! GIFT! EVER!”

That is sarcasm by the way, I am simply pointing that out since you seem to think a gift that kicks in when it won’t be used, is still a gift for some reason.

Zos is still taking the same amount of money from me, but taking one of the perks and giving it to everyone. While I pay the same amount of money, and I should be ok with this?

I want an equivalent gift. Is that so bad to ask? Other posters may want something specific, I am not. But I just am not going to stand here quietly without complaint, paying for dlc access, while others get that as a gift.

It does make me wonder if other mmo’s treat their loyal subscribers this way though.

Now this is my final post in this thread. Mainly because it feels like every time I try to point out that I feel under aporiciated as a loyal customer, I see you and others coming up with the argument “When you stop playing eso, you can still have access to an area of the game” as some sort of actual bonus, and I am tired of it and walking away from this nonsensical argument. Zos can read my concerns for themselves, I am done with this thread.
    Edited by BlueRaven on October 5, 2022 12:37PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    As a plus subscriber that was just saved 2000 crowns, there's nothing nonsensical about that being a perk. A perk you have, but don't personally plan on using, is still a perk you have. It's fine to say that it's useless for you. But, that is not true of all ESO+ subscribers. People who sub year round and could never imagine in their life playing this game without a sub is not the only kind of subscriber that exists.

Some people sub and unsub because they don't play all year. Some sub and unsub because they hate dlc in their activity finder that much. Some people just can't always afford to sub. Some people unsub when the game is going in a direction they don't like and resub when it's better. Some don't actually play unsub but they end up with some kind of incident with their bank, and it makes them decide to buy the dlc that they want to be able to always access. Some people just like to be prepared and buy the dlc they want to maintain access to "just in case."

All of those people's experiences are valid too.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 12:44PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    watts320 wrote: »
    Im seeing alot of people not being happy with the next dlc being free content because it doesnt benefit Eso+ was the dlc going to be free anyway with eso+??

ESO+ grants access to all dlc without additional payment. If you want permanent access even while you're unsubbed, that requires purchasing the DLC, as ESO+ essentially rents it. In addition to dlc access, you also get crowns and other perks. I'm sure you're aware of the craft bag it offers, as lots of people cite it as the reason they subscribe. But yes, ESO+ always get access to all DLC without payment. The current year's chapters doesn't count as DLC and must be paid for separately.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 1:00PM
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    As a plus subscriber that was just saved 2000 crowns, there's nothing nonsensical about that being a perk. A perk you have, but don't personally plan on using, is still a perk you have.

They should just stop giving away ESO+ perks as awards. I've never seen any other company do this - gleefully give away stuff that subscribers pay for. They have tons of stuff they could give away. Why do they keep giving away ESO+ perks?

You don't mind because you're in the (I would bet) minority of ESO+ subscribers who buy the DLCs anyway. But next time, it might be something you DO care about. You help them by rationalizing this and it'll empower them to give away more ESO+ perks because ESO+ subscribers don't mind, right? Well, a lot of us DO mind.

I'm happy for non-subscribers. It's a great award. I'm happy for ESO+ subscribers who buy the DLCs anyway. Great for them too. But don't spin this as something good for ESO+ subscribers. It isn't. And those who insist that ZOS giving us something we already pay to access is still a perk - well, I have a bridge to sell you. ;)

Edited by AzuraFan on October 5, 2022 1:11PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    As a plus subscriber that was just saved 2000 crowns, there's nothing nonsensical about that being a perk. A perk you have, but don't personally plan on using, is still a perk you have.

They should just stop giving away ESO+ perks as awards. I've never seen any other company do this - gleefully give away stuff that subscribers pay for. They have tons of stuff they could give away. Why do they keep giving away ESO+ perks?

You don't mind because you're in the (I would bet) minority of ESO+ subscribers who buy the DLCs anyway. But next time, it might be something you DO care about. You help them by rationalizing this and it'll empower them to give away more ESO+ perks because ESO+ subscribers don't mind, right? Well, a lot of us DO mind.

I'm happy for non-subscribers. It's a great award. I'm happy for ESO+ subscribers who buy the DLCs anyway. Great for them too. But don't spin this as something good for ESO+ subscribers. It isn't. And those who insist that ZOS giving us something we already pay to access is still a perk - well, I have a bridge to sell you. ;)

It not being good for you =/= it not being good for ESO+ subscribers. It's useless for the subscribers who would not play without a sub, and only a problem to the subset of those bothered by the dlc being a perk for various reasons.

None of us can speak for all ESO+ subscribers.

DLC access might be a perk of ESO+ but it's also something sold separately. It's not, and has never been exclusive to ESO+. So I don't see an issue with it as part of giveaways or sales. And as part of the subset of ESO+ subscribers this helps, I'll be making use of that permanent unlock perk. Because that's what it is, as it is normally something I had to pay to do.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 1:23PM
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    RevJJ wrote: »
    With this year’s theme they could have done a boat house, where the actual house is a boat with surrounding water and you can take a dinghy to any city on Tamriel that has a harbour.

Now that is a really great idea. Too bad they didn't do that for sure. Of course, I actually also want Erlibru's Cottage as player housing, in it's own little canyon; and Tor Draioch as player housing on a bluff overlooking the sea - perfect "wizard's tower".

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    TaSheen wrote: »
    With this year’s theme they could have done a boat house, where the actual house is a boat with surrounding water and you can take a dinghy to any city on Tamriel that has a harbour.

Now that is a really great idea. Too bad they didn't do that for sure. Of course, I actually also want Erlibru's Cottage as player housing, in it's own little canyon; and Tor Draioch as player housing on a bluff overlooking the sea - perfect "wizard's tower".

Erlibru's cottage! That's the name of the house I was thinking of that they should have given out a replica of. That would probably have drawn less complaints than the Salamander. That or a cool mount.
    Options
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I’m not happy with dlc itself as it’s quite low on interesting content, but I’m satisfied to get it anyway, better than another useless house at least.

What I don’t get is entitlement of some eso+ members. This is event reward for a chapter (the one you need to purchase for your real cash btw) in a p2p game. If anything it’s more of an extra package of paying for the chapter dlc before it moves to be free addition of next chapter. It’s a promotion to force its purchase before it becomes essentially free with pre purchase of upcoming chapter in just a few months.

The main reward for everyone is boxes with tons of stuff in it, markings and emote, permanent dlc unlock is just a cherry on top and everyone could benefit from it in a long run as well, since subscription don’t last forever. To me it sounds as absurd as demanding double drops for event boxes as long as you’re a subscriber. Sub already have tons of benefits, event rewards shouldn’t be affected by it at all and even extra pet is unjustified imo.
    Edited by tonyblack on October 5, 2022 1:38PM
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else

Erlibru's cottage! That's the name of the house I was thinking of that they should have given out a replica of. That would probably have drawn less complaints than the Salamander. That or a cool mount.

Yep, one of the neatest things I've ever seen in this game, I want it and would pay a lot of real money for it and a Tor Draioch wizard's tower. I guess I'll still keep hoping they'll do them someday.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

Yep, one of the neatest things I've ever seen in this game, I want it and would pay a lot of real money for it and a Tor Draioch wizard's tower. I guess I'll still keep hoping they'll do them someday.

I feel like the cottage should have been an event reward and Tor Draioch should have been a crown store home. They sold High Hallow Hall as the crown home. It's okay. I mean I bought it just to have a high Isle house. But, I would have preferred a Tor Draioch style home. High Hallow feels like it should have been the coin house this year. Missed opportunity with housing this year, IMO.
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    It not being good for you =/= it not being good for ESO+ subscribers. It's useless for the subscribers who a) would not play without a sub, and only a problem to the subset of those bothered by the dlc being a perk for various reasons.

DLC access might be a perk of ESO+ but it's also something sold separately. It's not, and has never been exclusive to ESO+. So I don't see an issue with it as part of giveaways or sales.

I'm honestly gobsmacked that you continue to insist there's nothing wrong with a company giving away subscriber perks to non-subscribers for free. I've seen others try to explain to you why this isn't a good thing, but for some reason you can't see it. You seem attached to what personal value you're getting from it, and by remaining focused on that, you're missing the big picture.

Nobody is saying it isn't a good award for those ESO+ subscribers who usually buy the DLCs. We're saying that subscriber perks should not be given to non-subscribers. It devalues the subscription. That's true for ALL ESO+ subscribers regardless of whether they buy the DLCs or not.

(As for the last quoted paragraph that you deleted, by that argument, the DLCs shouldn't be listed as an ESO+ perk at all and the subscription price should definitely be lowered.)

Anyway, you'll come back with more rationalizations, but I won't respond because I'll be bashing my head against a brick wall.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else

I feel like the cottage should have been an event reward and Tor Draioch should have been a crown store home. They sold High Hallow Hall as the crown home. It's okay. I mean I bought it just to have a high Isle house. But, I would have preferred a Tor Draioch style home. High Hallow feels like it should have been the coin house this year. Missed opportunity with housing this year, IMO.

That would have worked too - unimpressed with High Hallow, I'll wait for Sweetwater Cascades to come back around. I'd like a nice house (other than the inn room) in High Isle, but High Hallow just isn't it.

Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    tonyblack wrote: »
    Sub already have tons of benefits, event rewards shouldn’t be affected by it at all and even extra pet is unjustified imo.

Honestly this is a big reason I didn't need the pet and find even the pet a little tacky. I'm not gonna complain about getting it though, and certainly don't mind them offering something better to make other subscribers feel more valued as customers. I can understand why something like a themed reward would have felt much better and in the spirit of things. The salamander is kind of meh. And not everyone is gonna find the free upgrade perk useful because they wouldn't play without a sub anyway.

But for me, I moved from a monthly sub to a yearly sub when I realized that the price of the yearly sub was covered by the crowns you get alone. I had been planning to buy that many for a house and some stuff anyway, and I realized I was way better off upgrading to the yearly and using those crowns to buy the house.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 1:36PM
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Love this event. And, if I can get more content, I'm happy. The fact they put the CE version on sale at half price made me a very happy camper.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    It not being good for you =/= it not being good for ESO+ subscribers. It's useless for the subscribers who a) would not play without a sub, and only a problem to the subset of those bothered by the dlc being a perk for various reasons.

DLC access might be a perk of ESO+ but it's also something sold separately. It's not, and has never been exclusive to ESO+. So I don't see an issue with it as part of giveaways or sales.

I'm honestly gobsmacked that you continue to insist there's nothing wrong with a company giving away subscriber perks to non-subscribers for free.

The DLC is not exclusively a subscribers perk. It's a crown store item that subscribers are given a massive discount on. I frankly don't think giving a discount to one customer precludes them from giving a discount to another. And whether or not that discount will be of use to the subscriber is based on the purchase behavior of that subscriber.
    We're saying that subscriber perks should not be given to non-subscribers. It devalues the subscription. That's true for ALL ESO+ subscribers regardless of whether they buy the DLCs or not.

No, I won't be convinced that something that had a tangible benefit to me isn't benefit to me because it's not a benefit to you. I'm perfectly happy to acknowledge it's not of benefit to you. It doesn't erase its benefit to me, as a subscriber. It's simply not universally true of all subscribers.

I find value in having more players in the zone I play. I find value in saving (myself) money. I find value in them giving it away. You don't. That's fine too. Neither of our stances are true of all subscribers.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 2:09PM
    Options
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    Worthless for ESO+. House would have benefitted us all. H
    Options
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Why should I be happy to get something I allready have?
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Was about to post another long winded response, but I'm getting the same brick wall vibes the blue crowd is talking about. =D

I wonder if "Nay" sayers they would be upset in the same way if the dlc was for example sold for 1 cent?
    Edited by Michae on October 5, 2022 2:06PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I just bought high isle because of this promotion and 50% off sale. Did the same for Blackwood to get the free Deadlands dlc last year. If the reward were a house or mount I probably wouldn’t have bothered with this years chapter at all to be honest.
    Options
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Lillutu wrote: »
    Worthless for ESO+. House would have benefitted us all. H

How would house benefit all of us? Not
    everyone is into housing.
    Edited by PapaTankers on October 5, 2022 3:27PM
    Options
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Yay

I'm honestly gobsmacked that you continue to insist there's nothing wrong with a company giving away subscriber perks to non-subscribers for free. I've seen others try to explain to you why this isn't a good thing, but for some reason you can't see it. You seem attached to what personal value you're getting from it, and by remaining focused on that, you're missing the big picture.

Nobody is saying it isn't a good award for those ESO+ subscribers who usually buy the DLCs. We're saying that subscriber perks should not be given to non-subscribers. It devalues the subscription. That's true for ALL ESO+ subscribers regardless of whether they buy the DLCs or not.

(As for the last quoted paragraph that you deleted, by that argument, the DLCs shouldn't be listed as an ESO+ perk at all and the subscription price should definitely be lowered.)

Anyway, you'll come back with more rationalizations, but I won't respond because I'll be bashing my head against a brick wall.

Devaluing the subscrition is hilarious way to put it after company gave away 3 dlcs. It aint like there are 10 or more dlcs that are not beeing handed out. Not like there is a craft bag, double furnishing limit and exp boost on top of monthly crowns. Having few dlcs permanently unlocked surely does not make the sub less valuable. And mind you, only people that already own expansion up until the event is over will benefit from this. To everyone else it's still gonna be locked behind a paywall.

What do you suggest the reward should have been? If someone says mount or a house again im gonna be banging my head against the wall.

Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    @SilverBride @BlueRaven
    I tried to explain this to a friend because they couldn't understand our view. I told them to imagine you rent an apartment in a large building. There are amenities such as a pool and a hot tub and a gym but you have to pay an extra monthly fee to access them. One day the landlord said "You have been good tenants so I would like to reward everyone with free hot tub access". Those who already pay for this don't feel rewarded and feel their amenity package has lost the value of one of its perks, but their monthly fee hasn't decreased to make up the difference. The landlord notices this and says "Also those with the amenity package can now have this nice bath towel as their reward.

Sorry, but in that analogy there never was a hot tub to begin with.

I mentioned 3 amenities and the hot tub was one of them. It was already there and part of the amenity package before the landlord permitted access to everyone.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 5, 2022 4:02PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something else
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    I don't understand people saying ESO+ members aren't getting anything.

Because as an ESO+ member, I already have that content - you're placing value on me wanting access to that content should I stop being an ESO+ member. I don't, in fact, I probably wouldn't play ESO at all without ESO+. I don't care to own the DLC, I don't need to own it, I just care that I can access it when I have ESO+.

Part of the value of ESO+ is having access to DLCs without purchasing them, if the new trend is that they are just going to be given away for free... while my ESO+ price remains the same (or goes up), then if anything, I'm losing value there.

That's where the frustration lies, and why this so-called gifting feels like someone paying me back with my own money. Having ZOS or other players tell me that I should be grateful for this, that just adds insult to injury.

For those that who find value in the free DLC, I'm happy for you, no reason not to be - just don't expect everyone to see value in it the same way you do.

You can't say your getting nothing. You get an exclusive pet. The value of said pet is subject to opinion, but it is something.

Nonsubscribers get a free DLC that is worth a lot more than a free pet. They give pets away with the daily rewards, yet we are supposed to accept one as a yearly reward?

Value is subjective really. ZOS has sold pets as high as 2k crowns, and DLCs as low as 1k crowns. They even gave murkmire free in daily login rewards.

Ultimately this event and sale is designed to drive more people to buy into high isle. It's a marketing tool. Nothing more nothing less.

Genuine questions for you.

If you owned ESO+ and didn't own HIgh Isle since launch and honestly decided that a 50% sale wasn't enough to convince you to buy it right now because it's free in a few months. What would create such an incentive for you?

Also, is this something that you are going to actually cancel eso+ over? Many plus users subscribe JUST for the craft bag. Others love the combo of crowns and free dlcs, but plus has its own draw to it and value to the point that zos feels they can overlook things like free dlcs to the playerbase.

I am not exactly happy with the unique plus reward, but like I said it IS something. Which is better than last time. It would be nice to get something more but honestly I am not going to hold my breath. I am also not excited of it either.

I still have the bound attuneable crafting stations from last year sitting in my bank. I don't find any value in these events unless a house is involved honestly, but Zos seems determined to give out dlcs that no one seems to want to buy with crowns instead....
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    What do you suggest the reward should have been?

Something other than an ESO+ perk.

Options
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Yay

Need specific suggestions. Only thing Im seeing from blue team is a house or a mount on the larger part and I think we have established that those are not useful prizes for everyone either.
    DLC is not exclusively eso+ perk. People that do not have high isle and are eso+ subs are still going to get access to firesong which everyone are leaving out. There is an eso+ exclusive perk for you. Owning high isle is not prerequisite for having access to firesong.
    I personally sub only when I am in dire need of it. Out of principle I am not going to support bad business and game development strategies. For example purposely downgrading the play experience in favour of sub sales and crown crates instead of raising end-user experience, but that is a discussion for another thread I guess. If you wanna be so proud that you are a "loyal eso+ customer" and no one should get what you get then be my guest.
    Encounters team and landscaping team however are doing a phenomenal job and those DLCs in my eyes hold much more weight than any static building or a mount could. How one cost only 2000 crowns while you gotta cough up 100 bucks for another one is beyond me.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay

Need specific suggestions.

No we don't. We are saying that giving away one of our ESO+ perks as the yearly reward is not acceptable for the reasons that many have stated. It does not require a list of other options to validate that this particular option is not acceptable.
    PCNA
    Options
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Yay

Need specific suggestions.

No we don't. We are saying that giving away one of our ESO+ perks as the yearly reward is not acceptable for the reasons that many have stated. It does not require a list of other options to validate that this particular option is not acceptable.

Read trough whole post before replying please. Thank you.
    I already said that eso+ still have their perk with current reward. They don't need a prequisute of owning high isle to have instant access to firesong.

Calling it a yearly reward is hilarious considering the only thing you needed to complete the event is owning high isle. In fact if we are going to be really nitpicky here then it's not even an event reward as you do not have to participate in the event to get the rewards.

Yearly rewards are with event tickets so maybe you should take up your energy there. You expressed your dissapoitment that they have been shafting you for 2 years in a row now and you did not get a house. I do think that I should remind you that we actually got a doomchar last year which in fact was a yearly reward. Maybe you are just confused or I'm getting too stuck on terminology.

To conclude the things I will say again. DLC is not eso+ exclusive perk. They did not give nonsubs double furnishing limit, exp boost or a craftbag. Should Zos also stop giving complimentary crowns for new users because eso+ gives monthly crowns?
    [snip]

Edited for baiting

Edited by ZOS_Exile on October 5, 2022 6:39PM
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Genuine questions for you.

If you owned ESO+ and didn't own HIgh Isle since launch and honestly decided that a 50% sale wasn't enough to convince you to buy it right now because it's free in a few months. What would create such an incentive for you?

I can't answer this because it is a situation I would never find myself in. I buy every new chapter before it's released or very soon after. I can't get into the mindset that I didn't.

Also, is this something that you are going to actually cancel eso+ over?

I already stated in post #246 that I am not going to cancel ESO+.

"I am also not going to unsubscribe and lose all the perks that I do not want to play the game without. These are valuable to me and I won't make my gaming experience negative by giving them up to try to make up for something I never wanted."
    PCNA
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    You expressed your dissapoitment that they have been shafting you for 2 years in a row now and you did not get a house.

I haven't seen any ESO+ subscribers expressing disappointment because they didn't get a house. I have seen some say that a house would have been a better consolation prize than a pet. But that's neither here nor there.

As someone else said, the ESO+ subscription is a package. Give away any part of it and the subscription is devalued. For example, would ESO+ subscribers be okay if the award this year was the craft bag? All the same arguments about giving away the DLC also apply to the craft bag. But hey, now if you cancel ESO+, you'll still have access to the craft bag. But hey, it's only those who own High Isle who'll get free access to the craft bag.

Nope, I bet most ESO+ subscribers would be howling over it (and there would be a lot of cancelled subscriptions). But not all subscribers would be upset. If someone doesn't craft, the craft bag doesn't carry much value for them. So would ESO+ subscribers be okay if those subscribers said, "Sure, give away the craft bag"? I doubt it.

So what's different about giving away the year-end DLC? Perhaps it's sad to say, but are players at the point where they think the year-end DLC has no value? Related to that, why is ZOS giving it away? To entice people to buy High Isle during the event, but that shouldn't be done at the expense of ESO+ subscribers. It sends a bad message to people who pay a subscription month after month.

There's a simple way to avoid this uproar next year. Don't give ESO+ perks away as awards.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Not everyone cares about mounts. I would be very unhappy if that was next year's reward and feel cheated for a third year in a row.

And here you hit the nail on the head. The truth is, no matter what reward will be presented there will always be someone who's not happy with it.

They give out a house - "I'm not into housing" or "The house is too big/small/wrong style",

They give out a mount - "I'm not into mounts"; "It's too flashy/plain",

They give out a costume - "I don't care about cosmetics"; "I only use motifs",

They give out pets - "I'm not into pets"; "It's ugly",

They give out Crown Crates - "I'm not gonna gamble" - yes, there are people who don't want to open free crates as they are that much against the whole concept,

They give out Crowns - "There's nothing in the store that I want", "You gave out too little".

Although expecting to be given Crowns is just wishful thinking at this point.

I can understand more not being happy with the lack of perks for ESO+ when they give out those free trial weeks, since they are getting exactly what you get for money for free, and especially since back in the day they did give out some Crown Crates, so there's a precedent.

But this time you still get the added bonus of having the lifetime access to that dlc, and the token pet, which you may, or may not like, but as we established there's no one thing that everybody would like.

TL;DR I do understand where you're coming from, I acnowledge your feelings on that, but I can't help finding them childish. I'm happy with my ESO+, I pay for many perks, mostly for the craft bag and dyeing costumes, and someone getting a small piece of that pie isn't going to ruin it for me, even if I didn't get the ugly pet. ;)

Exactly. Why I ahve said Zenimax will not be able to make everyone happy and that whatever they chose to give should rotate.

Options