Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Player what to buy?

Genadine_Holychild
So I started when the game launched, got to 50 got bored (never joined a Guild) and left.
Back now original toon is naked so starting again, what DLC / Expn / Chapter do I need to buy to get everything available to me without needing to have PLUS, I will be getting plus but want to have the safety net of owning everything in case it drops at anytime.

Thanks in Advance
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 3, 2022 5:49PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    High Isle is the latest chapter, so one of the High Isle editions should contain all previous chapters. It's the High Isle collection edition that includes all the other chapters as well. (Just checked.)

Not sure if this also includes all DLC's, but it does not mention that it does.

If you are getting ESO+, you can buy the DLC packs for crowns if you ever want to. They are not that expensive, but as long as you have ESO+ there isn't really a need to do that.

PS: Do not confuse the collection edition for the collectors edition, unless you specifically want those goodies as well!
    Edited by Sarannah on September 3, 2022 10:43AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest getting ESO+ before buying any DLC's to find out which one you like. Then buy the ones you want so you will them if you your ESO+ runs out.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes seems more beneficial to buy 12 month ESO+ with single purchase only to get access to all DLCs, craftbag, and 19800 "free" crowns in a day of purchase. Then purchase chapters for crowns: Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr or SEASON OF THE DRAGON: DLC BUNDLE, Summerset, Deadlands. Others if you still have some crowns, or when on sale.
    Edited by Gargath on September 3, 2022 11:52AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    High Isle is the latest chapter, so one of the High Isle editions should contain all previous chapters. It's the High Isle collection edition that includes all the other chapters as well. (Just checked.)

It does not include the DLC.
    (edit: ESO+ unlocking "all the DLC" will get you everything but the current year's Chapter)

(Each year recently, they've been putting out a dungeon DLC, a Chapter, a dungeon DLC, and a zone/story DLC, all of them related to a year-long plotline. As someone who doesn't do dungeons, I've been fine with Chapter+DLC)

For the OP, I'd suggest getting the Collection (to add all the Chapters), then getting back to being familiar with the game. See if/how you like it, and which parts most interest you. Then you can decide to grab ESO+ for a month or two to do any DLC you want.

...you might also want to find a roadmap to the story progression, because with the "everything is scaled, you can go anywhere!" change they made in One Tamriel, you can end up jumping between stories, zones, and questlines very easily.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on September 3, 2022 12:31PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the first two companions, you need Blackwood, the second two you'll need High Isle.

If you want Jewellery crafting, you need Summerset.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought - the High Isle event is happening later this month, I think? If it's like last fall's Blackwood event, the various packages will be on sale.

(checking old news, the Blackwood event was Sept 30 to Oct 12, 2021)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Genadine_Holychild
    Thanks for all the responses.

Looks like its the Collections package and then see how it goes.

And YouTube and Google were very good in finding some great content creators that will get me and anyone else just starting / returning pointed in the right direction.

Lucky Ghost
    Brah We Got This
    Dottz Gaming
    Hack The Minotaur

All have extensive coverage

Thanks All
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

It does not include the DLC.
    (edit: ESO+ unlocking "all the DLC" will get you everything but the current year's Chapter)

(Each year recently, they've been putting out a dungeon DLC, a Chapter, a dungeon DLC, and a zone/story DLC, all of them related to a year-long plotline. As someone who doesn't do dungeons, I've been fine with Chapter+DLC)

For the OP, I'd suggest getting the Collection (to add all the Chapters), then getting back to being familiar with the game. See if/how you like it, and which parts most interest you. Then you can decide to grab ESO+ for a month or two to do any DLC you want.

...you might also want to find a roadmap to the story progression, because with the "everything is scaled, you can go anywhere!" change they made in One Tamriel, you can end up jumping between stories, zones, and questlines very easily.

For a great "Roadmap" check out this awesome guide:

What Order Should I Do ESO's Story Arcs? - A Guide

by @VaranisArano
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what should you buy? the deconstruction assistant lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities