The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug in Hlaalu deck

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed a bug with certain cards in the Hlaalu deck. These are cards where you can acquire another card for free from the Tavern if you get a combination. When you play one card like that, then play a second card which is also like that, such that you get a combination and should be able to acquire two separate cards from the Tavern-- one from the first Hlaalu card, and another from the second Hlaalu card-- often you are prompted to acquire one card but afterward the prompt to acquire another card doesn't come up as it should, even if there are qualifying cards in the Tavern (meaning they do fit the necessary criteria about their cost).
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you played Oathman (Acquire 6) then Hostile Takeover (Acquire 7), the first prompt is for Hostile Takeover not Oathman. They trigger in the reverse order that you played them in.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the bug occurs, and sometimes it doesn't-- and sometimes the same combination of cards will result in the bug one time but not the next time, so it's difficult to isolate what's going on.

But it has definitely happened to me on a number of occasions, and after the first time it happened-- when I wasn't entirely sure whether something hadn't happened correctly or maybe I'd just not been paying attention-- I've been much more attentive when triggering Hlaalu combinations where both cards let you acquire a card from the Tavern. And it has definitely happened at least a handful of times.

I'll start keeping notes to see if I can provide better information about it, but I figured that if I've experienced it several times, then other players must have experienced it as well and could contribute any details they might have gleaned about it.
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that you've simply been mistaken, would be a shame to have lost games due to a bug.
    Edited by kevkj on September 19, 2022 8:07PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken. However, I haven't been playing any PvP matches for a few weeks, and I rarely lose to the NPC opponents, so I don't think it's had much impact on my matches-- yet.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update:

I've been paying close attention to this, and I haven't noticed any other instances of it appearing to be bugged.

My best guess is that when it did appear to happen, it was a combination of (1) the last card played being the first one to give a free card, and (2) there being no more qualifying cards to acquire for the second card of the combo after having acquired a free card with the first card of the combo.