The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"VR10s are so OP and ruin PvP"

• Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Why are all of you forgetting that VR10 is max level.. they're meant to be more powerful than lower levels...

i'm VR1 and i understand your troubles, but seriously come on...
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Are destruction spells worth it with your armor setup in pvp though?

AoE is everything in PvP no matter what armor setup. destro staff has the best AoE for me.

Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
    Sanguine's beta tester
    Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    So if a VR10 can kill 25 unaided and a vampire can kill 25 unaided does this mean a VR10 Vampire will simply look at any campaign in Cyrodiil as a freerange bloodbagfest?

Anything can be killed, it may not seem fair when looking up at the big guy stomping on your face but given time, patience and epic...umm legendary loots that big guy will only win on the basis of skill.

VR10 vampires get Akatosh himself as a mount.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »
    Why are all of you forgetting that VR10 is max level.. they're meant to be more powerful than lower levels...

The problem is that it removes skill and makes it a numbers game. I win because numbers. Man that's so fun.

The idea of scaling people to a SIMILAR level is so you don't have those HUGE glaring differences that make it so 10 non-VRs beating on a VR1 guy barely do a dent, yet he can just wade through slaughtering people without really doing much at all.

That's a balance issue and makes PvP LESS FUN. It's not difficult to understand.

Yes, VR etc. should be stronger. But not "One hit I win button" stronger.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    AngelofAwe wrote: »
    Are destruction spells worth it with your armor setup in pvp though?

AoE is everything in PvP no matter what armor setup. destro staff has the best AoE for me.

So I take it ya only use Impulse from the destruction line on the staff?

• lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »

The problem is that it removes skill and makes it a numbers game. I win because numbers. Man that's so fun.

The idea of scaling people to a SIMILAR level is so you don't have those HUGE glaring differences that make it so 10 non-VRs beating on a VR1 guy barely do a dent, yet he can just wade through slaughtering people without really doing much at all.

That's a balance issue and makes PvP LESS FUN. It's not difficult to understand.

Yes, VR etc. should be stronger. But not "One hit I win button" stronger.

u are mistaking vr with vampire. the difference between lowbies and vr is big but not bigger than it should be.10 lwobies will kill a vr1 player 100% of the time if the vr1 guy isnt a ulti cost reduction stacking vamp.

• AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    So I take it ya only use Impulse from the destruction line on the staff?

Yes

Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
    Sanguine's beta tester
    Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • Mange
    Mange
    ✭✭
    Some people are entirely missing the point of this topic, you aren't dying to a player because they're VR10. It's because they have a cheese combo which at the moment tends to involve Vampirism most of the times. I have a 16 NB using bow and I feel just as lethal as my VR10 if not more so thanks to how often I crit with the bow.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Im curious what a tanky dk would put other than impulse on destruction staff...so many choices.

Well, the cheese combos are being mostly fixed soon, so everyone can calm down ya?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty obvious at this point, that the COD generation of players would not be able to handle DAOC at all.

• Napkins
    Napkins
    With so many broken abilitys in pvp right now, it's pretty laughable that someone would mention skill.
  • Maejohl
    Maejohl
    As a level 39 player, a VR10 is obviously powerful and unless he's a vampire is likely to kill me.

But that's fair enough. He's a VR10 and I'm a way lot lower than he is.

I just get some friends along ;)