The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"VR10s are so OP and ruin PvP"

AngelofAwe
AngelofAwe
✭✭✭
If you look through these forums regularly you can see complaints in the same fashion as this topic. about how "This VR10 guy soloed 25 of us" and other crap like that.
"VR10 are so powerful compared to VR1 that you're forced to grind" is another argument I read in a topic here just a few minutes ago.

Now then... Here's a screenshot of me and my stats in Cyrodiil at VR2 and VR10.
In the VR2 screenshot I am wearing full random green/blue gear drops with no itemization whatsoever.
In the VR10 screenshot I'm wearing full VR10 legendary gear with legendary enchants.

Now tell me... where lies the difference between these 2? the difference that is so huge that VR10s can destroy mountains and solo zergs?
Or could it be that you simply suck and don't know how to deal with a skilled player who understood game mechanics better than you and beat you with his knowledge rather than his stats?

VR2_zps9f18eece.jpg

VR10_zps2f7f0da7.jpg
Edited by AngelofAwe on April 30, 2014 1:00PM
Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
Imperial DK - VR10
Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
Sanguine's beta tester
Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can tell me your leveling secrets. i just hit VR5 >_<
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    you can tell me your leveling secrets. i just hit VR5 >_<

/played 19 days.
    2-3 days afk but still a LOT.

Edited by AngelofAwe on April 30, 2014 1:05PM
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the problem isn't with levels but broken abilities that people exploit to the point of criminality. I am a V5 and I've noticed little difference is survivability from VR1, however I firmly believe there SHOULD be a noticeable difference -- not in soloing an entire zerg, but being able to take on 4 level 10's -- yeah you should -- this is a mmo, not cod.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 1:11PM
  • Stormynature
    Stormynature
    ✭✭✭
    So if a VR10 can kill 25 unaided and a vampire can kill 25 unaided does this mean a VR10 Vampire will simply look at any campaign in Cyrodiil as a freerange bloodbagfest?

Anything can be killed, it may not seem fair when looking up at the big guy stomping on your face but given time, patience and epic...umm legendary loots that big guy will only win on the basis of skill.
    A maxed out luggage draught horse should be allowed to carry a wayshrine
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    Probably your Overcharge resist/armor and overcharge regens.

Most people dont have those setup at low level because it is kinda pointless until VR levels.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *In before anti-vampire rage posts / nerf demands*
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    These kinds of posts are worse than the QQ threads really...they always end with "U SUCK!!! :( LERN 2 PLAY!!! :'( "
    No, people don't suck because they're killed by you. You're a higher level and a lot more powerful than the majority of players out there right now. You yourself can suck and easily wipe just about anyone as long as you're not ganked.
    And there's not a whole lot of skill involved in combat in this game. You have 5 skills and an ultimate. It's not fencing, it's an mmo. People like to build themselves up that to win a fight in this game, you need to be skillful. Not the case. I can cream a level 30 every time, not because I'm skilled, but because I'm a higher level and thus I can take and deal more damage than he can respectively.
    QQing is a full time job
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Something doesn't smell right..

How are most of your caps higher in vr2 than vr10?
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    QQ

Nobody said anything about level 30s. Indeed if we're talking about pre-50 players then the difference is huge. but the difference between a level 30 and a VR1 is about the same as between that level 30 and a VR10.

If you are below 50, level up. it takes 3 days to go from 0-50 by questing, and as everybody should know by now there are faster ways than questing.

Noobs (veteran noobs) don't understand how abilities work while some vet 10s do and use them to their advantage destroying a vet. then that vet comes here to the forums crying about how OP VR10 players are.
    In this topic I have just provided proof that the difference between a low VR and max VR is nearly nothing.

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Something doesn't smell right..

How are most of your caps higher in vr2 than vr10?

Caps? do you mean regen? You should ignore those, it's some kind of buff that boosts them in the VR2 picture.
    The cyrodiil caps are ALWAYS set to VR1 however, which is yet another factor limiting the power of a VR10 character.
    VR10s actually get scaled down.

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    First off yea there are something about the Vamps, and the VR 10s. But having a DK at VR 10, compared to any other class is a different story. The DK class itself is OP from day one in both pvp and pve.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    AngelofAwe wrote: »
    Caps? do you mean regen? You should ignore those, it's some kind of buff that boosts them in the VR2 picture.
    The cyrodiil caps are ALWAYS set to VR1 however, which is yet another factor limiting the power of a VR10 character.
    Yeah the softcaps.

I just don't understand that.
    I wonder if that's the reason they are adding the "remove buff" option for Cyradiil come craglorn.

It looks like you just went pure Health.
    Which was something people in BETA were talking about as a limiting boring character optimization.

Max health wins, because the skills are so broken that the extra damage you are supposed to do by adding into other stats, is either completely broken or so negligibly small that it doesn't make a difference.
  • Trayt
    Trayt
    "beat you with his knowledge rather than his stats?"
    Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Bat swarm, Mist form.

Wow much skill.

*for the record, I am also a vampire (life drain saves my ass in PvE)
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Trayt wrote: »
    Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Shield bash, Bat swarm, Mist form.

Wow much skill.

You mentioned 3 broken skills, of which 1 isn't really a skill but still.
    All 3 of them require fixes, a player who uses them know of their strengths, he's not winning "because he's VR10", is he?

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • Trayt
    Trayt
    Trayt wrote: »

Wow much skill.

You mentioned 3 broken skills, of which 1 isn't really a skill but still.
    All 3 of them require fixes, a player who uses them know of their strengths, he's not winning "because he's VR10", is he?

You are correct on that front. I actually agreed with your post up to the point where you were saying skill wins in this game... SO much is broken and imbalanced their is no skill needed in this game, its just a knockdown and CC fest primarily.
    I absolutely took advantage of the fact that you are a DK Vampire, which is not your fault... you would be stupid not to take advantage of the game in its current form to benefit you.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bat swarm does 200 damage a second. You literally have to be standing in it for 10 seconds to die
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: nevermind
    Edited by Dudis on April 30, 2014 8:21PM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look through these forums regularly you can see complaints in the same fashion as this topic. about how "This VR10 guy soloed 25 of us" and other crap like that.
    "VR10 are so powerful compared to VR1 that you're forced to grind" is another argument I read in a topic here just a few minutes ago.

Now then... Here's a screenshot of me and my stats in Cyrodiil at VR2 and VR10.
    In the VR2 screenshot I am wearing full random green/blue gear drops with no itemization whatsoever.
    In the VR10 screenshot I'm wearing full VR10 legendary gear with legendary enchants.

Now tell me... where lies the difference between these 2? the difference that is so huge that VR10s can destroy mountains and solo zergs?
    Or could it be that you simply suck and don't know how to deal with a skilled player who understood game mechanics better than you and beat you with his knowledge rather than his stats?

VR2_zps9f18eece.jpg

VR10_zps2f7f0da7.jpg

Yes because it is my skill level that when I get the jump on a VR10, stun them and proceed to use all my big attacks including ult and their HP doesn't even drop 5%....its our skill level that decides the damage output...gotcha...

Rofl...
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is a VR10 vampire dragonknight trying to defend ability abuse and telling other players they suck.

Please, roll a templar werewolf and make the same claim.

End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »
    Yes because it is my skill level that when I get the jump on a VR10, stun them and proceed to use all my big attacks including ult and their HP doesn't even drop 5%....its our skill level that decides the damage output...gotcha...

Rofl...

Well if that's actually the case, my first question is; did you forget to press any buttons?
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »
    Rofl...

Word, dude.

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    All I see is a VR10 vampire dragonknight trying to defend ability abuse and telling other players they suck.

Please, roll a templar werewolf and make the same claim.

I've barely even picked up vampire yet, before that I was a werewolf (which is practically useless btw).

"defend ability abuse". Read some of my other posts would you.
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using 5 Piece medium, 2 piece Light with Greatsword?
  • Libertine
    Libertine
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire + DK ... oh yeah ... nothing wrong there ... nothing at all ...
    its all your skill, nothing to do with broken and buggy abilities...

i wonder, do you tell yourself that every night before you go to sleep in order to believe it ?

• AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Libertine wrote: »
    Vampire + DK ... oh yeah ... nothing wrong there ... nothing at all ...
    its all your skill, nothing to do with broken and buggy abilities...

i wonder, do you tell yourself that every night before you go to sleep in order to believe it ?

Vampire abilities are broken as hell, together with many other skills.
    If it makes you feel any better though I haven't leveled my vampire enough to abuse batswarm and mist form.

There is absolutely no skill required to do so, I agree completely.

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using 5 Piece medium, 2 piece Light with Greatsword?

2 light, 5 heavy. 1 handed+shield and destro staff.
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    I seen some combos like that on DK, what do you use for your bars? Especially for the destro staff? This is a PVP setup of course, curious what ya use for PVE.
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    I seen some combos like that on DK, what do you use for your bars? Especially for the destro staff? This is a PVP setup of course, curious what ya use for PVE.

I haven't played PvE for weeks. If I did I'd do it as a tank using my 1h+shield.
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Are destruction spells worth it with your armor setup in pvp though?
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Yeah the softcaps.

I just don't understand that.
    I wonder if that's the reason they are adding the "remove buff" option for Cyradiil come craglorn.

It looks like you just went pure Health.
    Which was something people in BETA were talking about as a limiting boring character optimization.

Max health wins, because the skills are so broken that the extra damage you are supposed to do by adding into other stats, is either completely broken or so negligibly small that it doesn't make a difference.

from my tests so far 10 magicka equal about 1 dmg. its slightly different depending on the skill that is beeing used. but yea no point speccing anything in magicka/stamina before health is at the softcap.