The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Companion gear drops from the event?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people out and about with their Blackwood companions handing in their dailies. I do wonder if the news that they have to use Ember or Isobel to get companion gear from the boxes has reached them. Probably not.

2 of my 4 toons only have Blackwood companions and I don't care enough to do the quests to get them the other 2.

Hopefully this encourages them to make companions account wide unlocks.

this is something i can agree with. having to unlock the companions on alts is depressing so out of my 12 characters only 2 have them unlocked, only the one has all 4.
    if its account wide i'd play alts more

cannot agree with this more, i hate having to do the quest on all characters (and yes i have actually unlocked all 4 companions on all 10 of my characters lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    has ANYONE gotten legendary companion jewels?? anyone??

I don’t expect to see those until the only place they were mentioned: the end-of-event box-within-a-box reward that we get from the crown store.

If they were meant to drop from event boxes, I would think ZOS would have mentioned that as an incentive to get people to unlock companions and do activities throughout the week. By making them drop only in the final reward box, they also limit gold companion jewelry to High Isle owners, so people who have Blackwood and those companions won’t be able to get the gold quality jewelry at all (assuming that they will be BoP, like most of the other box-within-a-box rewards).
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legendary companion gear drops only from the Ascendant matrioshka boxes we get if the event tracker reaches 100%.

Event boxes drop regular companion gear if you have Ember or Isobel active when opening them. You can play with Mirri or Bastian as you collect them, but make sure to switch to the new followers when opening the boxes.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legendary companion gear drops only from the Ascendant matrioshka boxes we get if the event tracker reaches 100%.

Event boxes drop regular companion gear if you have Ember or Isobel active when opening them. You can play with Mirri or Bastian as you collect them, but make sure to switch to the new followers when opening the boxes.

So this is good to know about the gold jewelry, didn’t realize that.

As for the companions, that is exactly what I do, still leveling up Mirri but switch to Isobel to open.

The drawback is that I can only do that for my main toon since I didn’t want to dig up each companion on all my toons. Probably not missing that much though, to be honest. Drop rates are always in the toilet for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Second gold box, second day.

No legendary companion jewellery or gold style page.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's not the time for the box within a box ... rewards. I thought that will be the only time we might get golden gear for our companions. Only jewelry, I believe.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No legendary companion jewellery

Nor will you ever.

I wonder how wide spread this misinformation is about the legendary companion jewelry. It only comes from the hoard boxes as stated on the page, not from the daily boxes. I guess it does get more people to do the dailies thinking they can get legendary companion gear from it, then after the event the forums get flooded with people complaining not to get a single piece once the event is over.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    O

No legendary companion jewellery

Nor will you ever.

I wonder how wide spread this misinformation is about the legendary companion jewelry. It only comes from the hoard boxes as stated on the page, not from the daily boxes. I guess it does get more people to do the dailies thinking they can get legendary companion gear from it, then after the event the forums get flooded with people complaining not to get a single piece once the event is over.

This one hasn’t received the box within the box but still got transmute crystals and High Isle sets from the gold box. Very confusing!

This is what the article says

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62811

The Ascendant Hoard Box includes a host of reward containers within containers that grant you a heap of in-game items, including:

Undaunted Plunder and Undaunted Keys
    Tel Var Stones
    Outfit Change Tokens
    Crafting writs
    Riding Lessons
    Transmute Crystals
    High-level companion gear
    Including legendary-quality companion jewelry
    High Isle item sets
    Unattuned Crafting Stations
    An Ascendant Lord Statue
    Edited by SammyKhajit on October 1, 2022 8:13PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/heroesofhighisle

We don't get any of the good stuff until THIS hits 100%
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on October 1, 2022 8:31PM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The article wasn't very well written, for example using the expression "guaranteed chance". But at least it was clear enough about legendary companion gear: it drops from the Ascendant boxes, it's jewelry and we only get it if the meter reaches 100%.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    Well, it's not the time for the box within a box ... rewards. I thought that will be the only time we might get golden gear for our companions. Only jewelry, I believe.

And when we do get the jewelry it probably will have the Prolific trait.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of people out and about with their Blackwood companions handing in their dailies. I do wonder if the news that they have to use Ember or Isobel to get companion gear from the boxes has reached them. Probably not.

2 of my 4 toons only have Blackwood companions and I don't care enough to do the quests to get them the other 2.

this is something i can agree with. having to unlock the companions on alts is depressing so out of my 12 characters only 2 have them unlocked, only the one has all 4.

I don't even think twice about "killing" Liam any more. It's get this dumb quest over with for the 16th time as fast as possible now.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guildmate got golden jewelery for companion but with wife we don't have luck for it.

Many ppl just don't read, they even ignore that little annoucement bar over whole character screen about event at the start. I saw it in my guild... "Is there an event?" "how i can got tickets and boxes"

And fun fact about specific companions...
    On the eso news page is clearly written that Ember or Isobel must be summoned aaand on the one eso related server was written that one of the four companions... surprisingly it is corrected now. So maybe some ppl read that server INSTEAD official pages...
    Edited by davidtk on October 1, 2022 10:44PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    My guildmate got golden jewelery for companion but with wife we don't have luck for it.

Golden jewelry is not available yet???
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Tbh he posted it in the guild chat but .. can be posted something what is NOT obtainable yet in the chat and when you click on it game show it regulary as obtained? I don't know how but I already saw something that wasn't available yet and game showed regulary.
    When i clicked on it I saw regular window with item description and it was gold ring. And I didn't saw anything that it will be later in the game.
    Edited by davidtk on October 1, 2022 11:00PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh he posted it in the guild chat but .. can be posted something what is NOT obtainable yet in the chat and when you click on it game show it regulary as obtained? I don't know how but I already saw something that wasn't available yet and game showed regulary.
    When i clicked on it I saw regular window with item description and it was gold ring. And I didn't saw anything that it will be later in the game.

Idk that's odd. They only supposed to drop from the 100% rewards.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk that's odd. They only supposed to drop from the 100% rewards.

Is there some addon what have database of all things in tje game what was there amd what will be there and can be posted it in the chat (that will be regulary clickable)?
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create fake links. I’m sure there’s a YouTube tutorial somewhere on how to do it.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the official announcement page:
    During the event period, the first time you complete a daily quest in High Isle (or the Dreadsail Reef trial weekly quest instead) you receive a Society of the Steadfast's Largesse Coffer. This new reward box may contain some of the following items:

Guaranteed chance for one or more of following items:

Random crafting materials
    High Isle treasure
    Style item for High Isle motifs
    High Isle overland set item
    Companion gear
    Ember or Isobel must be your active companion

Chance for one of the following:

High Isle furnishings
    High Isle furnishing recipe
    High Isle Treasure Map or Survey Report
    High Isle motif page
    Small chance for a tradeable page of the new Oaken Order armor style

It doesn't specifically say "No legendary quality companion gear included", so it's certainly possible that gold could drop.

And I would say that "guaranteed chance" is an oxymoron... so who really knows what that means.

Edited by Jaraal on October 1, 2022 11:21PM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can create fake links. I’m sure there’s a YouTube tutorial somewhere on how to do it.

I didn't know that, thank you
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

During the event period, the first time you complete a daily quest in High Isle (or the Dreadsail Reef trial weekly quest instead) you receive a Society of the Steadfast's Largesse Coffer. This new reward box may contain some of the following items:

High Isle treasure
    Companion gear

High Isle furnishings
    High Isle motif page

It doesn't specifically say "No legendary quality companion gear included", so it's certainly possible that gold could drop.

But the mention to legendary companion jewelry comes when explaining what drops from the Ascendant boxes. If gold stuff could drop from regular event boxes, the devs would have stated it as a further incentive for people to participate.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vraedlich wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Done 8-9 vents and 6 dailys since the event started and no companion gear, only some set pieces and one motif page.

Well your companion has to be out, and it has to be a High Isle companion. Isobel or the weird cat woman. Other companions do NOT give bonus companion gear related to this event.

That went without saying, Isobel was out the entire time.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

High Isle treasure
    Companion gear

High Isle furnishings
    High Isle motif page

But the mention to legendary companion jewelry comes when explaining what drops from the Ascendant boxes. If gold stuff could drop from regular event boxes, the devs would have stated it as a further incentive for people to participate.

One would think so. But how many times has ZOS made an error on itemization of new things (Free Daedric thrones, anyone)?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Out of 18 characters, I can think of only 2 on whom I've unlocked more than one companion. And that's 1 more than I had yesterday.

A few characters who I don't enjoy playing have no companions at all.

I've got the first 2 companions unlocked on all 18 characters and 4 have unlocked all 4. I figure that a leveled companion might make some of my lesser played (inferior) characters more fun to play on, better than deleting and recreating them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting more companion items during the event.

What I am not getting is anything worth keeping. All green and blue vendor trash.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More blue/green augmented buffs and debuffs. Is this event a chance for ZOS to offload them??

On the other paw, Sammy is almost done with the Steadfast motifs. Also got lots of furnitures, which is very nice.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone asked in zonechat if anybody has gotten the golden jewelry already (xbox EU), I replied I got only 2 purple armor parts doing 60+ dailies.
    He congratulated me, as I was the first who replied he got at least purple.

I sell them though, they are not the traits I need, so I'm better off with the blue armor I hve already.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on October 2, 2022 5:53AM