Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

If not Stadia then what?

• KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very unhappy about Stadia been gone next year. Have to travel a lot and Stadia allowed me to not miss events, login rewards and such. Checked Shadow someone linked above and it won't help me, since it needs having app installed and the company laptop I've got with me on trips won't allow that. The nice thing about Stadia is, that internet browser is the only software it needs to run. Hopefully ZOS will find another similar service and not one awailable in US only.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if ESO directors now regret redesigning the entire server architecture to fit Stadia's requirements, lol. I also wonder how much they gained from making that terrible decision.

Oh well, the tech will probably stay in place so they can use it for whatever other 3rd party service choose to cater to. Only time will tell.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I wonder if ESO directors now regret redesigning the entire server architecture to fit Stadia's requirements, lol. I also wonder how much they gained from making that terrible decision.

Oh well, the tech will probably stay in place so they can use it for whatever other 3rd party service choose to cater to. Only time will tell.

Reports we're going around some time ago that Google paid 10s of millions of dollars to game studios for Stadia ports. I'm betting ZOS found it worth it.