The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If not Stadia then what?

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever I lose my internet, I turn to mobile data, my phone and the stadia app to get my dallies done on ESO. With it shutting down soon, does ESO plan on contracting with another, similar platform? Is there any information out there on this... that they may be switching to something else?
  • Zenlun
    Zenlun
    ✭✭
    I was really sad to hear that Stadia was being killed off, it is how I did my dailies and played while I am on the road for work (which is pretty often). I am really hoping they are able to find another platform!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC with a phone that can be used as a mobile hotspot.

Yes, I know not everyone has such a plan, but that is the solution. Well, borough neighbors wifi if they permit. Of course, only with their permission.

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Whenever I lose my internet, I turn to mobile data, my phone and the stadia app to get my dallies done on ESO. With it shutting down soon, does ESO plan on contracting with another, similar platform? Is there any information out there on this... that they may be switching to something else?

Geforce now plays all Steam games does it not?

They're refunding all HW and software purchased through Google so the only headache switching to GeForce would be buying it on steam and linking the account. I think you get to keep all progress that way but not sure.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do hope for GFN, but all bethesda games (including eso) were removed shortly after the beta.

MS is working with amazon on multiple projects and eso may appear on Luna, which is only US and it doesn't seem they are making effort to go global, so for me is no use.

currently stadia shutting down is a big inconvenience for me.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yes, I know not everyone has such a plan, but that is the solution. Well, borough neighbors wifi if they permit. Of course, only with their permission.
    I tried the hell out of that a couple of weeks back and could not get it to work. Granted, my PC is not wifi ready/capable or whatever. Not sure if that was the issue.

• ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I tried the hell out of that a couple of weeks back and could not get it to work. Granted, my PC is not wifi ready/capable or whatever. Not sure if that was the issue.

my is android, if i share through mobile data usually use usb cable (usb tethering).
    https://support.google.com/android/answer/9059108?hl=en#zippy=,tether-by-usb-cable
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pick up a usb wifi adapter very cheap on Amazon and use that to connect to your cells hotspot.
    Edited by Kingsindarkness on September 30, 2022 12:08AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Try connecting via a USB charge cable.

There may be a setting to allow the wifi or cable. Do a google search related to your phone.
  • Zenlun
    Zenlun
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they can transition the game to Amazon's Luna platform, it's quite similar to Stadia. Maybe it's in the works with their prime gaming partnership?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stadia's setup and pricing plan was just weird, I found it better not to subscribe to Stadia Pro as any games you bought via Stadia Pro become unavailable when the subscription lapses so I would intentionally buy games outside of Pro if I want to keep it available at all times. Second part of Stadia Pro is that it boosts everything to 4k, that really just made me disconnect more frequently as my connection is trying to keep up, one little hiccup and you disconnect. It also made on the go outside of my home much more difficult to play as not everywhere you go has high speed connection to handle it. Lastly ESO stayed at 30 FPS regardless of sub or not, ESO and Destiny 2 were the primary games I played on it.

I think other people figured that out too so a good majority of their player base simply did not do the subscription plan.
  • Vraedlich
    Vraedlich
    ✭✭
    Stadia's setup and pricing plan was just weird, I found it better not to subscribe to Stadia Pro as any games you bought via Stadia Pro become unavailable when the subscription lapses so I would intentionally buy games outside of Pro if I want to keep it available at all times. Second part of Stadia Pro is that it boosts everything to 4k, that really just made me disconnect more frequently as my connection is trying to keep up, one little hiccup and you disconnect. It also made on the go outside of my home much more difficult to play as not everywhere you go has high speed connection to handle it. Lastly ESO stayed at 30 FPS regardless of sub or not, ESO and Destiny 2 were the primary games I played on it.

I think other people figured that out too so a good majority of their player base simply did not do the subscription plan.

You could choose the streaming quality and select lower options if your internet wasn't up to speed.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play on PC and stream via Parsec/Moonlight
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only chance is Nvidia Geoforce Now, which ESO was part of their streaming service. Many developers pulled their games from Nvidia's service after Nvidia seemingly due to a licensing dispute. They also seemed to ahve done this twice, not learning from the first exodus.

I would not expect Zenimax to return ESO to that service. Especially since they did not go to Stadia because they left Nvidia.

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Shadow should work, because it's just a Windows VM that you can access remotely, so there aren't any of the licensing issues that GeForce Now has.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try an inexpensive wifi usb dongle. For me that seems to work well when I need temporary wifi for my potato which normally is connected via ethernet.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pick up a usb wifi adapter very cheap on Amazon and use that to connect to your cells hotspot.
    I have one saved on Amazon and ready to buy. I just didn't know if it would help, so I put off buying it. It's cheap enough, though, so I guess it's worth a try. :relaxed:

• AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭

I have one saved on Amazon and ready to buy. I just didn't know if it would help, so I put off buying it. It's cheap enough, though, so I guess it's worth a try. :relaxed:

Yup. Had an older laptop that could not connect to the newer wifi ghz when we upgraded our router. A cheap USB dongle from Amazon and right back online.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    I am sad about Stadia shutting of soon, too. With Stadia there was no need to buy expensive gaming hardware.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Xbox cloud gaming? I don't know much about it except that it exists and is part of game pass. But I know game pass is available for PC, and since Zenimax is owned by Microsoft I assume setting up a deal would be relatively easy.
    Vraedlich wrote: »

You could choose the streaming quality and select lower options if your internet wasn't up to speed.

But why pay for the subscription to get 4K if you then set it lower? That was what @phaneub17_ESO was saying - it worked out better not to subscribe to Stadia, which probably hurt their profits. If they were using the number of subscribers as one of their metrics for how the service was working it probably had even more of an impact.

For an individual user choosing not to subscribe is fine, but for the company offering a subscription which makes your users experience worse is a very bad idea.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I subscribed to Stadia for a while and found the phone screen controls for ESO very clunky. The game was also limited to 30 fps which I just couldn't get used to; playing at 120+ on PC has ruined me I guess. I used it for the same reason some other players did, to complete dailies while at work. However, after I got the LazyWritCrafter addon I kind of got ruined from doing dailies manually too. I ended up canceling my subscription to Stadia; if it had just ran smoother I'd have played on it more often.
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    It would be truly awesome if ZOS considers Geforce Now as the Stadia alternative. Personally, I and even a friend, had input issues on Stadia, which Geforce Now never had. The streaming performance there is so fluid, even lower latency than Stadia, and PC controls work perfectly. If ZOS would use Geforce Now for ESO in the future, that would be so great and a fantastic sign for the future of the game. Thank you for considering!
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    after I got the LazyWritCrafter addon I kind of got ruined from doing dailies manually too

Pro tip: You can tick "have quest" in the crafting window, and tap the R button in most cases. That makes it almost the same with the ease of use.
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    wait you could play it on phone all this time? why do i only find out about it when it'll be gone lol. would've been useful for writs
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Shadow should work, because it's just a Windows VM that you can access remotely, so there aren't any of the licensing issues that GeForce Now has.

Because my previous reply seems to have gotten ignored:

Shadow is a service that provides a remote Windows VM that you can install and run ESO from: https://shadow.tech/

And it has phone client options: https://shadow.tech/requirements/

I haven't tried it personally, but it should work.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Geforce now plays all Steam games does it not?

...the only headache switching to GeForce would be buying it on steam and linking the account. I think you get to keep all progress that way but not sure.

I am sure you do get to keep the progress, as that is part of the ESO account. The problem with buying it on Steam and linking the account is the borgification of the ESO account. It seems to me that Steam wants to be in more control of your life than Stadia.

Linking Stadia to the ESO account allowed the game to be played through Stadia, no additional strings attached.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • devan0216
    devan0216
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping GamePass for pc steps up. I've tried the MS game streaming service (to my phone) and it actually works pretty well.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder of Red Dead Redemption 2 will finally be available on Geforce Now. I was so bitter when I learned it would be on Stadia instead.

But I'm also planning on getting a new PC with a 4090 at some point in the next few months so I might not need Geforce Now anymore.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luna maybe? I don't know, but they did just do promotions for linking your Amazon account
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazon
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    If not Stadia, then I'm probably not going to play ESO on PC that much anymore. It runs absolutely abysmal on my PC (8GB RAM, GT 1030), not to mention I'm playing on PC EU which is how it is. Oh well :(