Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

transmute dilemma

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok my alt account is vanilla ESO with no DLC. I have a giant pile of transmutes and I'm assuming nowhere to use them. My toons are mostly low level so no one has done master writs to get the station....

Can I sell these things or what?
PCNA
PCEU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would encourage you to look for a guild (most will have them in their guild house) or even ask in chat if someone has a transmute station you can use
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much every large (trading) guild has a guild hall that includes all crafting stations, including attuned ones for all crafted sets, mundus stones, a transmute station, and target dummies. In other words, this is someone's house. You may have access to such a house without a guild - on PC you could port to it with an addon or it could be a friend - but it's probably easiest to join at least one big guild. A mixed trading / social guild with a trader in one of the minor towns and no weekly trade requirements nor fees would be ideal. Yes, such guilds do exist, at least on PC EU.

For the way I play, transmutes are probably the single most valuable asset I have. I enjoy making builds. Would never sell them. At any rate, you can't. The best you can do is create Nirnhoned weapons, then deconstruct them, hoping to get Potent Nirncrux to sell. The idea of that - the waste of it - sounds utterly painful to me personally, but hey, if you're really not into the stickerbook / build crafting in any form, then I believe that's what you can do.

If you're running up on the limit (500 without ESO+) and you have no immediate use for transmutes, then reconstruct items of a set you have fully collected in the stickerbook. Use 25 transmutes to make the item. Get 25 transmutes back out when you deconstruct it, guaranteed. In the meantime store it in your bank, housing storage, or on an alt. Do NOT make a mythic item for this purpose. You can't deconstruct mythic items to get transmutes back out. There are other single-item sets, though, e.g. notably some of the arena weapons, such as bows, that you could make. Or you could buy cheap items of some overland set that no one wants in guild stores, so as to complete the stickerbook for that set and get the cost down to 25 transmutes.
    Edited by fred4 on September 29, 2022 9:55AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    there is also a public access transmute station in brass fortress, clockwork city zone if you have that dlc
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hoghorn Sorry I only have Summerset and Imperial City.

@fred4 thank you excellent ideas. This is my alt acct which I play less frequently so I don't have the bank space or the chest space like I do on my main account. I should have something close to fully stickerbooked by now so that will prob be the path.

My main account has a station in my main residence, durr... I should friend myself and use it >.<

I need to unload these crystals because its stopping me from doing random dungeons which is why I have the alt in the first place. that and 2 different guilds faction locked on GH...

Thanks all for the helpful thoughts. Much appreciated.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also a couple different addons, such as Port to Friend's House (the name is misleading as it has more features than simply teleporting to friend's hosues) and Essential Housing Tools which maintain libraries of houses and allows you to teleport to those players' homes. You can also use a chat script to teleport as long as you know the appropriate IDs.

For example, (shameless plug) this would be my Coldharbour home on PC-EU, which is open to anyone and has all crafting stations, transmute station, mundus stones, etc.:
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Troodon80", 47)

Just copy your script command into chat and hit enter. There are various other people with homes on both PC-EU and PC-NA which are open to the public (not just guilds/friends), but I won't name them here, for which you can replace the name and ID as appropriate if you know them.

For crafting homes or guild halls, most people tend to use either the Coldharbour Surreal Estate (ID:47) or Earthtear Cavern (ID:41) for crafting, while others use Grand Topal Hideaway (ID:40). Some people also go around advertising in zone chat, which means the new house linking in Update 36 will be well utilised there, I'm sure.

Edited by Troodon80 on October 2, 2022 1:02AM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics