Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Highhallow Hold: architectural issues

HalfmoonCookie
HalfmoonCookie
Soul Shriven
Highhallow Hold has some visual/architectural errors.
There are two large blocks indoors that protrude in from the outer walls (in the room with the fireplace and the room under the tower) making those rooms almost unusable!
The tower room block appears to be there to make room for the tile roof of a bay window visible from the outside — BUT the bay window alcove is not there once you get into the building. The block in the fireplace room is there because the outside of the house on the level below it dents in... for no reason at all! I believe these to be actual mistakes/oversights, as your feet and furnishings also sink into/clip through the floor near the blocks.
The most logical thing to do would be to move the bay window down slightly to align with the floor below, make it accessible from the inside, and remove the now-unnecessary block on the floor above by pushing the wall block out (since the indent would no longer need to be there;) then give the identical block and wall on the opposite side of the house the same treatment.
But at the very least, just get rid of the blocks! If we don’t have access to the pretty bay window alcoves visible from the outside, we shouldn’t have to deal with the ugly “roof-ingress” blocks on the inside.
Please remove these blocks!
Thank you.
Attached are screenshots of the offending blocks and their corresponding outside views.
mcjry3ovplx1.jpeg
cueblgkdxufo.jpeg
6l8xegoa68je.jpeg
m197uv4hivhr.jpeg
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Great rationale and I do hope they remove these structures. We tried to have these structures removed when Highhallow Hold was introduced to PTS, but they never responded. Others suspect they may hold some architectural significance to medieval house design, but again Zos never responded. I really would like the removal of these structures as they take up much needed space. But once the house is released it is hard to remove them as someone might like this feature. Zos, please remove these structures, both of them.

gcpty1z03wwj.jpg
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posted about those blocks on PTS and they didn't seem to care. It's funny to me because the windows in the entry room don't match the windows outside on the front of the house.
  • HalfmoonCookie
    HalfmoonCookie
    Soul Shriven
    Exactly! If they are not trying to accurately reflect the outside of the house, there is no reason to include those blocks at all! Many things about the outside of the house do not match on the inside — why only this one detail everyone dislikes?

I know many people did not buy the house because of this issue.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if I’m looking at these images correctly, the room with the blocks and the three windows are in the top group of windows in the second image, right? There is a little recessed area underneath that which I assume is where the blocks are located. If the blocks were removed, there would be a hole in the outer wall beneath the windows and also the floor of the room.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if I’m looking at these images correctly, the room with the blocks and the three windows are in the top group of windows in the second image, right? There is a little recessed area underneath that which I assume is where the blocks are located. If the blocks were removed, there would be a hole in the outer wall beneath the windows and also the floor of the room.

I would rather have the holes than the blocks. That way I can fill them and have more space!! Stupid blocks, what were they thinking...
  • HalfmoonCookie
    HalfmoonCookie
    Soul Shriven
    Which is why I suggested they could move the bay window down, so the recessed area wouldn’t be necessary. BUT, because that window (and several other parts of the façade) are different once you get inside the house, there is no real reason to include either those block structures or a hypothetical recessed area; other than an oversight, or a poor design choice.

They do not appear too strict about the outer and inner structure of houses matching — I’ve noticed this phenomena in other houses as well, but never something so egregious. While this IS a fantasy game, the architectural liberties they take should not be to our detriment.